Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Fluttering In Colon

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
Hi there,

i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Basically after 10 years of the oddest alergies, mostly fruit which causes extreme diarrhea, and some on/off bleeding in the rectum. I went to get a colonoscopy. It was extremely painful as the doctor says " there was a great fluttering in my colon" translation: painfully spasming.. Thou theres no cancer.. Nothing else looks unusual..

I often have this pain after eating.. 20 minutes before going to thebathroom.. Sometimes its soo painful its accompanied with nausea. Sometimes pain just happens regularly.. And I have to wait for it to pass. Other symptoms i've found are that painunder the left ribcage/bra area not as regularly these days.

I'm really wondering if anyone else has had/seen this fluttering in the colon and they might know what it means. The doctor says.. Ibs.. But thats what they've been tellign me for 10 years dispite symptom changes.. Any help muchly appreciated :)

ps. I think doctors dont take me seriously because i'm 25. A oncologist at 16 told me I was making it all up.. :@
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2005
Hi travelingminstrel,

my doctor also told me that I have ibs a few years ago. I didnt believe him so went and got a 2nd opinion, also went to my gynecologist to check my ovaries which were fine, so was advised must be ibs.

I dont get pains often but when I do they are very painful in the lower abdomen and sometimes just on one side. The pains subside once I have been to the toilet. Whilst going to the toilet I have also had severe sharp pains shooting across my stomach as well as sometimes having like a bubbling feeling.

The only advice i've been given is to eat small meals regularly, so am also looking for some help with how to prevent these pains as still getting them.
|

replied December 18th, 2005
Hi travelingminstrel,

my doctor also told me that I have ibs a few years ago. I didnt believe him so went and got a 2nd opinion, also went to my gynecologist to check my ovaries which were fine, so was advised must be ibs.

I dont get pains often but when I do they are very painful in the lower abdomen and sometimes just on one side. The pains subside once I have been to the toilet. Whilst going to the toilet I have also had severe sharp pains shooting across my stomach as well as sometimes having like a bubbling feeling.

The only advice i've been given is to eat small meals regularly, so am also looking for some help with how to prevent these pains as still getting them.
|