Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Vitamin & Minerals?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
How much folic acid should I be taking? What other vit/mins should I be taking?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Lots!!!
Sorry, I cant recall at this moment! Check your pre-nantals it should tell how much is in it and what percentage! Also orange juice is a great source! Thanks
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Durring pregnancy you need to be taking 1000 mcg or 1mg can be noted either way on the bottle. If you are using a doctor prescribed prenatal it will have the correct amount.

For my wife, I made sure her vitamin holder had her "womans one-a-day, iron supplement, folic acid supplement, and the enfamil lipil dha/ara supplement for preg and nursing moms"

it is not clear if the enfamil supplement is needed or not but the ob gave us a sample and knowing that the omega 3 vitamins are very necessary, it only made sense for us to use them. If you are not too sure if you want to take them or not, you can call enfamil at 1-800-baby123 and ask them to send you information and a free sample of the formula and those lipil supplements. They have been fantastic for us. I call about once a week and they are always happy to help.

Also on a sidebar note, make sure you go to similac, enfamil, nestle' good start, pampers, huggies, and any other baby thing you will be using and register with them. You will get loads of freebies and loads of gift checks to help you buy formula and diapers. So far, similac and huggies have been the most generous as far as giving money (coupons/gift checks) and enfamil has been the tops as far as free samples and advice.
|