Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Weird Rash

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Every now and then I get this reoccuring rash in the same spot(on my rists). On my left rist there will be these small round raised bumps that sit close to each other, and they sort of sting. And on my right rist (the under part) I get a big blotchy rash thats red and has some red raised bumps visible and it sort of itchs. There weird raised blotchy bumps. And with in 5-15 minutes they disappear. It happens about 2-3 times a month. Does anyone know what this is??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2005
It could be an allergic reaction - or dry skin.

I have actually been experiencing the same thing for about 3 weeks now, on and off, but only on my left wrist.

I think it is excema --- I have been putting vaseline on it once a day and that seems to stop the itching & reduce the irritation.

You may want to visit a determotologist to get a cream or visit an allergist to see if you have any allergies & they can figure it out.

Good luck
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Same Problem
I have the same problem only mine comes every few 3 month and lasts for about 2 1/2 months!???!
It drives me crazy. Going to the gp 2moro!!
|

replied March 28th, 2010
Have had the same thing on my right wrist... I think it's related to my exzema... I use Eucerin and it seems to help with the itch. Hope that helps =]
|

replied February 12th, 2012
Same wrist symptoms!
OK... also have same thing. However, I am using over the counter cream (used for ring worm) because my son had it and I am thinking this rash could be related??? The itch/ sting is gone, but not the rash. It's a bit lighter though. Still very bumpy. I will try aquaphor to see if that helps. If it does, then it is definitley related to excema. My son has that too and aquaphor always gets rid of it.

Has anyone actually gone to a dr.? What did they say?
|

replied May 14th, 2013
I have a rash very similar to it i thought it was caused by bacteria under my tubber bracelet(i never take off :/ ) . It started off really tiny and i removed the bracelet when i noticed it. It didnt bother me at first but then as it got wet or soaked etc it got red red and itchy and i thought it was ringworm but it never hollowed out but after like 2 weeks it had dried and almost went away and now its back its it has multiplied in size still solid red raised bumps not blisters not a perfect circle not a ring. Doesnt mater if i put cream or let it dry or get it wet or anythig idk... Its not an allergic reaction Sad
|
Tags: rash, skin, red bumps
Quick Reply