Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Cramps..period Or Pregnant?? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am sooo confused. I took a test today...Came out negative. My period is due 12/12. Starting on tuesday this week, I have had mild cramping on and off all day. I keep going to the bathroom expecting to find blood, but nothing. Not even any sort of discharge, I have been really dry actually. My lower right back has been aching. It is hard to sit in one position for a long time. I had sex on my ovulation day last month so I could be preg.
But, it also could be pms signs!

Anyone have just cramps and back ache as a pre preg symptom? I would love to hear any of your experiences to ease my mind for a while!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I had some backaches & crampyness, but I also had tender breasts. But you can have every sign & not be pregnant - or you can have no signs & be very pregnant. Everyone is different. I hope you are:)
|

replied December 9th, 2005
I have had cramps on and off for a few weeks and I have been bloated my period is very late but each time I think maybe im getting it, but my lower back doesnt hurt unless im standing for a long time or slouching...

I wish the signs between the two were different it would be less frustrating
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Stephiecakes- have you taken a test yet? Are you normally late on your periods? Sounds like you are preg if you are that late! Af is due next week...We will see!
|

Yes I took a hpt and it was negitive and a pee test from the doctors, the ywere both negitive that was a week or two ago and still no period but the symptoms are the same. I went to day they want me to go back in 2 weeks if I dont have it, and get bloodwork then. But I guess a lot of people show neg. On pee tests.

It sounds like you are pregnant though as well

im 18 though, how old are you?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yeah I am waiting until monday...So if my period does not come I will take a test again. I really do not have any other symptoms except cramps and sore nipples. So who knows. It sucks to wait!

Oh, I am 27
|

Yeah I have those symptoms too...Im really confused though, they seem to be more sensitive/sore, darker, "bigger/fuller" and darkening area around nipples as well as more visable veins..

I would think im pregnant but the tests say neg! Each time... I took ept first and I got a faint line, very visable line but it was faint...And searching leads me in the direction most people/hpt consider that a positive..But in first responce I got a neg. And as well with the docs.

I hope your appointment goes the way you planned :o) :o)

do you know anything about leg or thigh pains during early pregnancy? They feel different from cramps :?:
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah, if you got a faint line you are most likely pregnant! Even if you got a negative after on a different test. That test just had a sensitivity difference. A blood test would tell you for sure. You definately have more symptoms than I do! Keep me posted!
|

Designer gal,
you just got off birth control didn't you? I did the exact same thing last month when I was trying to start my period. Your body is probably trying to start. I had menstrual like cramps for a week last time thinking I was going to start. Then I had a few days of spotting and finally started. I think it takes your body a few months to get normal. It's always a good thing to start after you stop the pill though!! I am have not started. My chest is sore and swollen, and a little nausea. Had back pain yesterday. We'll see!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks for sharing your experience. I never knew stopping bc pills would mess up my system this much. We are actullay not trying to have a baby. So, if I am not pregnant, I will be going back on the pill. I stopped it this month because I missed 4 last month and I wanted to get my system back on track. I figured my odds are low of getting pregnant since I have only been off the pill for 3 weeks. But, you never know! My husband goes on deployment next year so we will really try when he gets back.
|

replied July 27th, 2009
Period while pregnant?
I don't know if this is where u should post this...but I have a weird question. My husband and I are TTC and 2.5 weeks ago I spotted for 3 days and thought it was implantation bleeding but then on day 5 I woke up with cramps and bleeding. My period usually is heavy for a couple days then normal for a couple then light for a couple. So it usually lasts 6 days. This time it was heavy for 2 days and then light for 2 days. Now 1 week since my period ended I'm super exhausted. Also I'll add that my period came 1 week early. I'm just confused b/c I know that you can't get your period while your pregnant but I seriously feel pregnant. Is there any chance? TIA
|

replied November 17th, 2009
DID you mean to say that you know that you cant hrutget your period y farwhile being pregnant? That is very far from the truth. I know many women that had thier periods for up to 6 months after they concieved. Every pregnancy is different for every women. I would talk to your health care provider, and if you think that you might be pregnant with that bleeding aside, then I would also buy a home test in the mean time. Good luck1
|

replied November 25th, 2009
Trying to concieve
I am 26 years old..My last period day was 28thoct..me and my husband has sex on 9th of nov..feeling very sleepy,tierd,cramping since 3-4 days..I am due my period for 2 days..can anyone help me...i am excited to know if am pregnant.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
I am confused!!
I was really trying to conceive a few months ago, well my husband and didn't really Stop trying, sometimes we have unprotected sex, I started taking contraceptive pills on the first day of my period Nov 22nd, I took them for like 7 days, I stopped because I got scared, I had an irregular bleeding for almost 3 days, when my period is only 5 days long, the bleeding was not that red, not like the regular color, it was wattery and I was really depressed crying for 3 days without reason, anyway now almost 20 days later I have cramps, I feel sharp pain in my lower abdomen and my temperature is a little high, I didn't really notice my normal ovulation symptoms (normally around the 14 or 15 day of my cycle) so I'm not sure if I did ovulate or not, my question is, could the pills be causing a mess in my body, if I just took them one week, I didn't have the regular strechy dischard like when I'm ovulating, or is there any chance of pregnancy (though I doubt it).
|

replied January 7th, 2010
hi i was on the depo injection i stopped it at the start of nov. Ithen had a long period that lasted bout a week an a half at the end of nov. i have taken tests which all come out neg the last one i took was at the begining of the month that was neg too. i have all the signs of being pregnant i thought i had come on my period yesterday but it was just a small amout of bright pinky blood it looked almost watery. i know people dont get thier periods but after the injection but i have already had one im so confused??? this will be my 3rd pregnancy if i am. AMY
|

replied January 7th, 2010
hey all... i was on the mirena and had that removed dec 23rd. i got on the pill that day. i forgot one pill a few days later and took it the next day with my next dose. then in my second week i forgot my pack at home when we went out of town so i missed 2 pills.. could i get or be pregnant? i wont lie... i wouldnt mind if i am!!!
|

replied January 12th, 2010
Pcos (Pregnant)???
Hi all,
I have PCOS and was diagnosed at 18. I went to the hospital for a check up when I was 20 and the nurse said this had cleared up????
I am now 25 and have never had any of the usual symptoms of pcos me and my long term bf have been ttc for abpprox 3 months but still no luck well think so. My LMP was the 16th Dec and im due this Sat the 16/01 but for the past 7 days ive been getting what feels like menstral cramps and lower back pain, but no period. Also a couple of days ago I had this sharp stinging pain in my stomach? What could this be im confused please help
Many thanks
Jodie xxxx
|

replied January 12th, 2010
I didn't realise how many women think about these things and worry so much! (I do too!!)I've been feeling real sicky, keeps me up all night hence me looking on the web at 1am. I can't stop eating and have had stomach cramps really sensitive nipples, tender breasts. I was on the pill and ran out over christmas so i couldnt get any more i have been off them for about 4-6 weeks, anyone else done a similar thing?? I want to know if i could be pregnant but my boyfriend wants to go with the flow! I'd love all your advice! Thanks =]
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Sry I can't be much help cause im confused 2...
My last period ended nov.4th I haven't had any nausea jus a really rumbley stomach, gas, and sharp pains on and off in my stomache and a lil in my back. On Jan 4th I had a tiny bit of pink discharge afta my boyfriend and I had sex than nothing for a couple days than a bit more pink discharge again acouple days lata, only when I wiped. Also my nipples hurt but not really my breast. Still no period. N my BF n I dont use protection.

Any thots??? pregnant or not???
|

replied February 16th, 2010
I had sex throughout the month of mid Jan to mid Feb and have backaches and cramping. Im supposed to get my period on Feb. 18th had protected sex on the Feb. 14th, 15th, but unprotected on the 16th. All other times that I had sex from Jan. till mid Feb I had unprotected sex but it was not that often maybe once or twice a week if that. Could I be pregnant?? Any thoughts thanks!
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Alright, I havent had a period in over a year. But I've been getting moody, My boobs feel fuller and look a little darker. When I stand for a while my back hurts and I noticed some brownish red blood when I go, but it only lasted about a day and at the end of it it got pinkish. I have been getting tummy cramps too. Would I be pregnant or is this my period?
|
12 >>