Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Two Lines One Dark One Really Light? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I took a pregnancy test a while ago and it was negative then I took another one and it showed two lines one dark and one fairly faint but very visable what does that mean? Im anxious to knowme and my fiance have been trying to concieve we really want to know. Am I pregnant? Please right back
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper babylove22
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like a posative to me!! It is very rare for a woman to get a false posative and if they do its usually right after giving birth or a misscariage when the hormones are still in her system.

Congratulations momma!! I understand how ya feel though, when I was pregnant my first test was neg, then posative, and I ended up taking two more just because I couldnt believe it!!
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yep definitely sounds like your pregnant!! With my second son one line was so faint you could hardly see it, I ended up doing another four! You can imagine how mad I looked! Not to mention the money it cost! It turned out I was only a few weeks gone when I did the test and thats why. The further gone you are the darker the line is due to you having more of the 'pregnancy' hormone! Congratulations!!
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Any news ???? Have you been to the doctor to confirm yet?? Just wondering. It sounded like a posative. Lucky you!!
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
SureSign pregnancy test kit
Hello everyone has anyone ever taking a pregancy test called suresign well i took one this morning and it has 2 lines one dark and one light, now i know quite a few people would think thats a positive myself included but on the instructions it says if its a pink line or red its probably a negative i don't understand it really theres 2lines and if I took any other test i would be pregnant yet this 1 says different can someone advised me im so confused. It would be nice I was pregnant!!
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
jacq27
take a picture for me if u can
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
hi
hi smexysnickers so sorry i tried to upload a pic on my message of that suresign pregnancy test but it won't let me unfortunately
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
jacq27
well if i read ur post right u said u got pos. with diff. pregnancy tests?
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
Hi
I have been pregnant a few times and every single time i have used suresign tests and they have all ways been 1 line=not pregnant 2=lines mean pregnant they have also been accurate for me the only complaint i have with them is that it does take quite a while for me to get a positive like this time i was 4 weeks pregnant before i got a positive result.I dont really understand how they could put out a test on the market like that with pink or red line means negative what color means positive did it say? also are you sure you didnt get mixed up as i have my instuctions here as i always keep them lol momentos i guess and it says dark red or pink line means positive just a thought not trying to insult you or anything but its easy to missread when your all excited. i would try a diffrent brand of test just to be sure good luck i hope your pregnant Smile
|

replied May 4th, 2009
hi DarkDesire85
Well i have read the instructions time and time again i should have explained myself better I know if there are 2 lines it means positive it says on the instructions and i have them while im typing now the 2 lines should be a red-purple line to be positve but on mine there is only one red-purple line the other is a light pink line now on the instuctions is says no apparent red or pink line appears on the test region this means your probably not pregnant that is what is confusing me the fact that this line is light and it could still mean im not pregnant??
|

replied May 4th, 2009
and if u read my post rite smexysnickers i didn't say i got a pos with different pregnancy test i said had i used other preganacy test it would say i was pregnant cos of the 2 lines and that is what is confusing me i haven used other pregnancy test kits yet and don't plan to yet thanks
|

replied May 4th, 2009
Experienced User
Hi again
I would think you are pregnant the line appears light pink when you are in the early stages of pregnancy.if you were not pregnant you would be left with only 1 line i really would take another kind of test to be sure (this is your quote no apparent red or pink line appears on the test region this means your probably not pregnant) to me this says that if you get no pink or red line then your not pregnant but you did get a line so your pregnant i believe you are pregnant so congratulations is your period late? if it is added with the two lines on the test this is a very positive sign also did you keep the test? because i noticed that i only got a very faint line at first but after about 5 mins it did go darker. i really believe your pregnant good luck Smile
|
Users who thank DarkDesire85 for this post: jacq27 

replied May 4th, 2009
hi again
hi again I did keep the test as i cant believe it to be honest my period isn't late its due this week on weds or thurs so im going to take another one on weds just to be sure thanks DarkDesire85
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Am I pregnant
Hi i took a answer pregnancy test and 1 line mean negative and 2 lines mean positive,well, i have 2 line but 1 is very dark and the other one is visible but very light
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Experienced User
Yep your pregnant Smile
|

replied May 21st, 2009
hiya crissy
Hello crissy sounds like ur pregnant to me hun i did the same thing a few weeks ago and got the same result i also took one the day my period was due and this time it was much clearer and yes im pregnant and am so happy good luck to u xx
|

replied June 15th, 2009
I took test , i got 2 lines, one is very red and one is light , and missed now for 4 days, i m pregnant
|

replied June 15th, 2009
tpregnant test
I took test , i got 2 lines, one is very red and one is light , and missed now for 4 days, i m pregnant
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2009
i have two lines one but mine are blue
|

replied October 13th, 2009
PREGNANCY
i just took a pregnancy test the afternoon was very dark and the other was realli light if i didnt look at it closely i wouldnt have seen it i know it means your preg n im heaps excited but going to do one in the morning just to make sure as for some women its natural to have your periods the first few months my mum had her periods for 4months b4 she new she was preg.
|

replied November 29th, 2011
PREGNANCY
i took three. the first one was negative and the second one was positive then the last one was negative.. please help me with answers, im a pregnant? :'(
|