Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Abnominal Pain 30 Weeks Pregnant

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
The past couple of days I have noticed severe lower abdomen pain..I was bending down the other day and then I went to come back up, I couldn't the pain was too bad...It passed about a minute or two later though..Then it happened the same way last night...I have a couch that if you sit down on it you sink it...And when I tried getting up those pains were there again...Anyone have this happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Kimmeh
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Well I am 26 weeks and 6 days (so 27 weeks) and I had bad pains the last couple days, I went to the hospital finally today and it isn't preterm labour (thank goodness) but I do apparently have a bladder infection which my doctor said could be a part of my pain if not all so I have antibiotics and just to make sure that nothing else is wrong an ultrasound tomorrow. All I can advise you to do is call your delivery hospital and explain to them what is going on they may tell you to come in to be sure, or to call your family doctor...Either way I would double check to make sure that you dont have a bladder infection. I was having dull mensteral constant cramps in my lower abdomin and sharp stabby pains higher up that come and go...

Hope that helps a bit.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes, it could be a bladder or kidney infection--but it is prolly just "baby growing pains"

women have what's called ligament pains and it is from the uterus growing and the ligaments having to stretch--that is prolly what it is. If the pain persists severe I would go see the .Dr or go to .Er.
|

Experienced User
Thanks girls...I get that american baby magazine and don't you know last night after I posted I was reading an article in on what is normal and what is not and it said if you have pains in your bag right under your ribs and they are on the sides of your back that you may have a urinary tract infection..This happens to me alot too...I have a doctor appointment on the 12th of this month so I am going to let my doctor know about it then...Also I have heartburn every night still that won't go away unless I throw up...It gets so bad that I can barely stand it...I bought tums and they do work but I take about 3-4 a day..Do you guys think this is bad for the baby? My friends all got a list from their ob/gyn's on things they can take and things they can not, but I can't go by them because my doctor is different...I have brought up some of the things they take and he normally says not to take them and prescribes me something else..Or just says what I am going through is normal. I have not had a normal pregnancy by far (in my eyes) and everytime I worried about something he normally the baby is fine...My last ultrasound was at 20 weeks any idea on when they schedule you another one? I just want to make sure the baby really is doing ok.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I lived on tums with my first 3 children.

A lot more than 4 aday
|

Experienced User
That's good to know....I just get it so bad that I can't take it...Is this normal or does this only come to some mothers lol...I had all day sickness clear up until my 6th month and had the heartburn than too...Finally one leaves up but the heartburn is just as bad as having the sickness back because it makes me wanna throw up...I can't win for losing.
|

replied December 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Oh finally someone who can relate to my pains!
Lol ill be 30 weeks this saturday and I have heartburn so bad sometimes and nothing seems to help. I don't even think I can describe this kind of heartburn to you, not normal heartburn, it's like the heartburn from hell. And right underneath my ribs feels like they're constantly being punched and kicked and pulled. I talked to my doctor about the heartburn and he told me it was normal for some girls to have constant heartburn, tums are okay but if you want to try something that relieves your heartburn allday,and keeps you from having to constantly keep taking tums, try the zantax stuff. It is wonderful. Ask your doctor about it next time. And the pains you feel are just the baby pushing and growing against your belly and your ribs having to expand to hold it all. Hope I helped.
|

replied February 26th, 2009
30 weeks prego with upper abdomen pain
i had pretty bad upper abdomen pain all night last night not enouph to keep me up but when i would wake up to flip over due to hip pain getting onto my other side was verry painfull it is right at the top of my abdomen any suggestions???

Elizabeth
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2009
Experienced User
tsweitzer Try eating papaya its known to halp with heartburn.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
my wife's having the same upper abdominal constant pain all night... sometimes mild & sometimes severe... doctor doesn't say anything.. am worried
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Stomach hardning and severe pain all night
Hi there
i''m thirty seven weeks and four days for
along and for the last two days I have been
getting severe pains my abdomen and back
at night. I suffer from it during the day too but
not as bad but I don''t get to sleep at all any
more the first time it happened i had told my
fiancé that my belly feels so tight that may explode
any suggestions. As for heartburn if I get it bad at
night it''s because your laying down prop
yourself into the sitting position
|

replied January 5th, 2011
Want2sleep if you are having pains and your belly is tightening up then you are having contractions. I have been having braxton hicks contractions for the past 3 months. When you have one your belly gets rock hard and then relaxes. Time them and call your doctor...asap.
|

replied May 17th, 2011
HEARTBURN
im 30 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and iv suffered from bad heartburn with all 3 i told my doctor and he prescribed renetadine they work wonders and you only take 2 a day and it keeps the heartburn away all day/night Smile x
|

replied November 29th, 2011
i'm 31 weeks tomorrow, and have had the lower ab cramping a lot. this is my third baby in 7 yrs, and i do not remember having any cramping before. they say all pregnancies are different, and i agree. i'm sure it's just my ligaments stretching feeling yucky. heartburn is bad for me, too. you just have to get through it Smile
|

replied January 27th, 2012
Low abdo pains/hartburn and some fluid leakage
i am 30wks and 2days and i am getting a lower abdominal pain after i go to the toliet when i stand up straight from sitting down and bad hartburn when im going to sleep i wake up with acid stuff coming up and am eating quickeze to help it. i am also suffering from a leakeage which smells like pee but not sure, sum days is okay others i have wet undies? confused as i just found out i have to much amniotic fluid around baby. went for a scan 2days ago and seen dr and wait for 3days till i go back to dr. is anyone in this Boat that can help..
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
My partner is 30 weeks pregnant and has a blood clot but the pain she is experiancing under her right breast is really bad any 1 any ideas for the pain
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
My partner is 30 weeks pregnant and has a blood clot but the pain she is experiancing under her right breast is really bad any 1 any ideas for the pain
|

replied July 22nd, 2013
help
I'm 27 weeks today Nd I woke up this morning to horrible pains in my lower stomach right above the vagina bone. Threw out the day the pain goes away but when it hits holy moly it hits. I have gotten light headed becaise of it. I have been constipated the past couple of day til last night then later this after nonon after the pains got worce I got really bad diarieah. My babies still very active and everything I have a regular check up tommorow but I'm worried. Should I wait or just go into the hospital tonight
|