Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I Cannot Self Induce Anymore. Why Not? (Page 1)

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
This seems like a weird post, but I am not really bullimic I just started inducing myself to vomit about two weeks ago. So I don't believe I am full fledge lol bullimic yet. I keep trying to make my self vomit voluntarily not because I am over weight because I am supposedly my ideal weight for my height. I dont really know why I am doing this but I don't want to stop I am just upset that I physically cant do it. I believe my gag reflex is gone or not working any longer. Lol does that make sense?
Anyway I just wanted to vent and maybe get suggestions on how to. Lol no one else knows about this so I thought this would be a good way to talk to someone else. Thx Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper razorblade*romance
|

replied August 7th, 2003
Can't Induce Anymore
I feel very bad for you and believe you should tell your doctor about this problem. Eating disorders are very serious and all you are doing is harming yourself and are decresing your lifespan. Throwing up eats the linning in your esophogus so, you will start to deterorate it which is not good and also will give you bad heartburn I am sure. You are also disrupting your digestive system and the way it works. Confusing it. The stomach lining is going to deteriorate as well soon from throwing up. What you should do is get food poisining and then you will end up hating throwing up-that may cure you. Or go to a hospital so you can see all the people with this disorder and see how horible thier lives are an dhow alone they are. Not to mention how gross they look. No man or women is going to want to date or marry a person that throws up all the time. It is not very attractive. Good luck and please do not add to the numbers of eating disorders we have in america.
|

replied August 18th, 2003
Experienced User
I will definitely not give you ways to make yourself vomit. I am a recovering bulimic and I dont think you understand the risks of it. My teeth are permanently damaged, as is my throat and my stomach. All because of the acids associated with throwing up. You do not want to start this. Stop it while you can.
Your body is ridding itself of important electrolytes which help with your heart and other organs. If for example your potassium is too low you can go into caridac arrest immediately and die on the spot.
Also vomiting does not make you lose weight. It rids yourself of the food but the nutrients and fats in the food have already been absorbed into your body so vomiting really does little. You could burn more calories walking across the room than vomiting.
Tanya*
|

replied January 15th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well first of all. I am glad u cannot self induce anymore!! And why all of the lol's??" this really isnt a funny subject.. . U do not understand what u are getting into no matter what u think. I am in recovery right now. .Bulimia is hell.. It is a disease! It makes ur life hell. . You think u will lose weight from it? Well u wont. .Bulimia actually slows down your metabolism and makes u gain weight. .Not lose it.. And u will have heart problems.. Bad teeth. .The list goes on. U wanna be healthy, look good? Dont ever eat below 1,500 cals. .And dont ever purge. I just dont get how in the world u are asking for how to vomit your food.. And laughing about this.. U cant understand what hell an e/d is........ I'm sorry if u feel ganged up on right now. .But sometimes the truth hurts... And it hurts me to see anyone who is ''trying'' to introduce this world of pain and agony to themselves..
|

replied January 15th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I so agree with the above posts what do you think you're doing much less laughing Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil a couple of other affects are osteoporosis (bones of an old woman in your 20's & they break very easily!!) inability to have a child, stunted growth, kidney, liver & other organ damage &/or failure. Decreasein ability to think, work, study, loss of friends because they can't stand to see what you're doing to yourself & they being around you is too painful.

Is this what you want for yourself?? Grow up, go to a dr & get help. Look for eating disorder support groups & talk to those close to you who can help you get better, if you want to because the bottom line is that whether you live or die is up to you & what choice you make.
|

replied September 17th, 2004
Purging
This is to all the girl that are recovering bullimia.Why do you all say you dont lose weight by purging when in reality you do,and lets say you dont lose weight.If thats true,why did you continue to do it?
|

replied September 20th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Umm razorblade.... U really dont!! U obviously dont know too much about it. .Bulimia is when you binge and purge also wether u start out bingeing or not, at first u will lose some weight probably, but after each time, your body begins to absorb the calories faster and faster so when you purge, udont end up ridding yourself of many calories.. Also when your bulimic, you end up doing it more then once a day most likely and your body ends up storing calories sooo much easier and faster and as your binges get bigger, so do you. We dont choose to keep doing it, its a disease. Many of us, like myself, want to stop but its damn hard! U can lose weight for a while, but u will get trapped, and after a while u cant lose weight that way anymore.
|

replied September 27th, 2004
The symptoms you display are those of an eating disorder. What u are doing suggests that u may be in the primary stage of an eating disorder. However this behaviuor is often done for a reason. Perhaps upset or anguish, its often done to counteract or disguise an emotion or an experience that u are tryin to escape. So far the responses appear to have focused on the action rather than the cause. Afterall why do u need to make ureself sick? What is it actually achieving-momentry relief?-if so relief from what? I no its easier sed than dun, but get away from this negative behaviour now, I have been a slave to my eating disorder for to long- yeah great I can admit this- but I no I have just hit the thick of it- ive missed out the most important years of my teens and lost a lot of friends, its a self distructive behaviour and a cycle hard to escape. Please dont listen to any of the peoples advice, please seek professional advice, who can give u the best support ever- u dont no who we are and some of us may manipulate u-perhaps I should say feel free to listen to advice, but dont mistake our opinions for a safe constructive way out- I no im probably wafflin-but eating disorders are a serioulsy scary spiral!
|

Extremely eHealthy
No, you don't lose weight from purging right away.
If you eat normal amounts of food and then just puke it up, yes, you will eventually lose a lot of weight.
However, if you binge and then purge, you really probably wont.
Plus, when your body isn't getting the calories it needs it goes into starvation mode so everything you do eat and actually digest your body will store. This also makes it harder to lose weight.
Bullimia will kill you eventually one way or another. Stop this in the beginning stages as it will be very very hard, if not impossible to stop later on.
|

But arent we forgettting taht ultimately an eating disorder is not about wieght loss rather a way to transfer or control an emotion, therefore weightloss is just a symptom of an eating disorder
|

replied October 10th, 2004
Experienced User
I just have to say that for the not eating below 1,500 calories instruction from karim18, I am considered healthy and I eat about a 1000, maybe a little over, most days. Yeah, I might consume about 1500 or more sometimes, but it usually doesn't get that high. It depends upon various factors as to how much you should consume. A small thing, but you made it sound like someone would be stricken dead if they didn't get 1500 calories one day.
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Re: I Cannot Self Induce Anymore. Why Not?
happymehappyu wrote:
this seems like a weird post, but I am not really bullimic I just started inducing myself to vomit about two weeks ago. So I don't believe I am full fledge lol bullimic yet. I keep trying to make my self vomit voluntarily not because I am over weight because I am supposedly my ideal weight for my height. I dont really know why I am doing this but I don't want to stop I am just upset that I physically cant do it. I believe my gag reflex is gone or not working any longer. Lol does that make sense?
Anyway I just wanted to vent and maybe get suggestions on how to. Lol no one else knows about this so I thought this would be a good way to talk to someone else. Thx Wink

the same question came to my mind before...I mean I can understand where all other people are coming from....They want to help you..Want you to stop doing things that's harmful to your health...I mean we all know that it's not good..But it's just not something that you can stop like that.... I'm new here, I thought this is the place where we can talk about everything..And not being judged by that....I mean I don't want to be judged because of what I ask or say....We need some support here...My friends~~ (no offence intended)..It's just how I felt...
|

replied November 27th, 2006
Concerning Bulimia
This is not a funny matter and not about weightloss its a mental problem we all bulimics have ....I am a bulimic...Trying with every thread in my life not to practice this addiction..And yes I call it a addiction cause it is!! The disease controls our lives...Please if you get anything out of these post ...Stop now while you still can..Before its to late!!! And get help be it from a dr or a counslor but you don't need to take this as a funny matter!!
|

User Profile
Re: Concerning Bulimia
I completely agree with txkat, he/she is right. I'm also struggling. How I wish I could be normal!!! Sad
|

User Profile
It's Okay :]
Honey listen. I had that same problem. Dont keep forcing yourself. I did... And stuff came up. Its a gradual thing. Dont do it. It will change your life in extreme ways. Ive started something horrible. Please baby dont do that to yourself. If you ever need to talk to anyone, please message me. Stay strong. It will be ok!
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2006
Kayla is right. Please get help and stop before it gets too deep or too late. Now it's easier to stop and to be ok, really, I can say it for myself...
|

replied January 14th, 2009
where is there help?
i have the same problem. sort of. i binge and can't purge, but i keep trying. no one seems to understand or believe the extent of my overeating, and when i reach out for help it is ignored.
|

replied February 27th, 2009
self vomiting
thanks to all the above people. I am on a sensible Weight Watchers diet and losing average 1lb per week, which i am happy with but today i had something i didnt really want for my evening meal and felt rotten afterwards - nothing really bad but twice as many calories & fat as i normally would have - so i thought if i could vomit it would go away and started looking for sites to help me do this. THANKFULLY I found this site and realise what a total idiot I am to even consider this. I will go and put my DVD workout on and work a bit longer. Thanks to all and the very best wishes to all you who are suffering. God Bless x
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
Re: where is there help?
kelseywelsey09 wrote:
i have the same problem. sort of. i binge and can't purge, but i keep trying. no one seems to understand or believe the extent of my overeating, and when i reach out for help it is ignored.

Please, don't keep trying. Your body is trying to make you stop, you must listen to him, dear.
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2009
Re: self vomiting
kazzabob wrote:
I am on a sensible Weight Watchers diet and losing average 1lb per week, which i am happy with but today i had something i didnt really want for my evening meal and felt rotten afterwards - nothing really bad but twice as many calories & fat as i normally would have - so i thought if i could vomit it would go away and started looking for sites to help me do this. THANKFULLY I found this site and realise what a total fool I am to even consider this.

Hello,
I'm glad that you are putting your trust on us. We are here to help everyone and to share our on experiences.
Having your meal twice doesn't mean that you'll have to workout harder or to throw up. It happens once every while. Even if you overeat, those are not the solutions, specially throwing up.

All the best, dear! Smile
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh