Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feel Weird - Constantly Questioning Things (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hello. I am wondering if others struggle with a sensation of "feeling weird". I know that is vague, but i'm not sure how to describe it.

Part of it has to do with me questioning reality and life in general. I often question my perception of reality, "what am i, what is life etc". This seems to trigger anxiety.

I have struggled with anxiety on and off for 10 years now. I was almost completely symptom free for 4 years. I had a big attack about 8 months ago and have had struggles ever since. Any advice? Anyone in a similar boat?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jessieg
|
Users who thank WillBeOk for this post: lynette1979 

replied December 7th, 2005
You're a fighter. Thats a good thing. Anxiety is something everyone experiances, some more so than others. And just like when we get the flu, our symptoms vary. I'm delighted to let you know that you're not crazy, you're not going to die, and most important, you're not alone. I have suffered from anxiety since I was 8 and at 16 experianced my first anxiety attack. I am 23 now and I still experiance anxiety. And as far as feeling wierd? Happens to me everyday. Sometimes it bothers me. Sometimes it doesn't. It's almost like walking in a dream. Almost like feeling detached from myself. Sometimes I can't concentrate. Sometimes I forget things. It makes me feel wierd yes. But the "reality" of it is that im human, and it happens to a lot of us. Even those who don't have problems with anxiety. I can understand why anxiety would be an issue for you now after 4 years of being symptom free. A heart attack is not something to be taken lightly. I believe it is the fear of having another which may plague you the most. I believe the greatest fear of anxiety is the not knowing. It's scary!!!! I get anxiety over thoughts about life and who I am too. But the greatest comfort is in knowing your not alone. And when I make this post you'll know you're not alone because i'm right beside you. I hope you find this post comforting and I hope it encourages you to learn to cope with your fears the best you can.
Christy smith
|
Users who thank csmith223 for this post: LilsMam 

replied June 1st, 2012
I feel like some should make a Facebook page for aniexty becaus I understand the feelings that many of you are going throw and like Christy Smith said your not alone none of us are but it would be nice to talk to people who know what I'm going through instead of beig called crazy or psycho...
|

replied August 31st, 2013
I been suffering from this also. I been to the doctors and hospital several times and they just think I'm on drugs.

I have a neighbor who is a Health nut when it comes to food consumption and nutrition. he stopped by one day when i was feeling that, scared, lonely, lost, zombie, everything's feels wrong kind of days.. and i shared my feeling with him and he opened my eyes on a lot of stuff. processed foods are slowly killing us and keeping us all on medication.

for the last year i try my best to stay away from processed foods. everything outside of the produce dept and meat dept is processed.

I can't say that it's completely gone but i feel so much better about myself being educated and knowing Im doing everything i can to live a healthy life.

I feel for everyone that left a post and PLEASE PLEASE. it's free..... just google side effects from aspartame and saccharine. it's in EVERYTHING

thanks for reading
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
Thank you for that. I have been experiencing this "weird feeling" ever since the fourth grade. Its been quite tough. For years, I was oblivious as to what i was suffering from. I believed I was going crazy. It was a great relief when i realised that what i was going through had a name. I haven't done much research yet but it sounds like there isn't any way to make it stop. Please help me guys, it has ruined parts of my life that would have otherwise been wonderful, and made school difficult at times. Thanks.
|

replied December 18th, 2005
I get exactly the same thing, it's really odd. And scary. Really surreal feeling and when I go outside everything seems fake. It's all come about since I had a fit about 6 weeks ago. Sometimes it feels like i'm going mad. I've only had it about a week, i'm hoping either i'll adjust to it or it'll go away.
|
Users who thank Pippage for this post: LilsMam 

replied December 28th, 2005
Hey there,
i know exactly what your feeling. I go through the same things too and the same questions and thoughts can make u worry and become detached from the world. I then get anxiety from it like dizziness, beating heart, pulsations and twicthes especialyl before goin to bed. I felt like this about 3 years ago and then my friend had a fit which a iwitcness and I got shook up and brought all this anxiety back on. The thing is which im learning is that your not goin crazy/ mad and that positive thinking about life and everything elose really helps me break the cyle of thoughts. I came on forums to look for help and it seems that im really not the only one going through these thoughts and that they shouldnt scare me but are perhaps a postive intelectual sideof your personality. Ive been told to get a hobby or interest to focus on instead of letting my mind wonder. Hope u know that your not alone at all and lots of people think this way too.
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Feeling Wierd
I just copied from a post I put on in another section of this site.....

I have been having the same symptoms, but thought it was lightheadness first and was going to pass out. Then had numbness in elbows to hands. Then I feel like its a heart attack because I get so nervous. Have been to er and nothing. They thought it was ear infection. I have anxiety now, just because of these feelings. Please help. Kim

i am on an event monitor now. The monitor will record when I push it, and I am suppose to push it when I have an "episode." my feelings were really light headed at first and just really hard to describe, thought I was then having a heart attack because I think I had a panic or anxiety attack. Then the last one before chrsitmas was pain on the side of my head and numbness in elbows to hands. Then another panic attack - I think, thought I was having a heart attack or stroke after that. The doctor thought they were stressed related anxiety or panic, which could cause migranes which migranes could cause stroke like symptoms. Now, I fell like my chest is heavy. I feel like I have anxiety because I am so worried about these coming, now I worry when i'm out or that I can't go out an enjoy myself. I will be having an mri and mra on wed., and i'm terrified, but I will feel better knowing they can figure something out I hope. If anyone else feels any of these please reply. It's helpful to read these, thanks. Kim
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Feeling Weird
I am in awe that I am reading this!! I have had this feeling for quite some time now and thought I would never run across another person with the same symptoms!
I suffer from anxiety/depression. I am a preshool teacher and we had 2 weeks off for x-mas and I suffered with it really bad!!!
I too question life and at times get very afraid that I am a living human being and that I have a daughter. I get so obsessed with these thoughts and feelings that I feel like I may be losing it!! I then in turn have severe anxiety and those often lead to panic and then depression!
I feel like I am in a dream and I feel detatched from reality. I am so pleased to meet you all!
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Dear munoz1226,
oh, my gosh....To read your post! I am a teacher and going back to school tomorrow and can't wait for a normal daily schedule. I know how you feel. I also have a son too. I don't want to be worried about these feelings. I'm glad to have read your email...
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hey mrsmommy,
it is really a relief to read about others in the world with the same feelings! It can be really frightening when we feel so alone!
I went back to work today and I was exhausted, but it felt good to get back to my routine! The kids were rowdy, but I was just happy to have some structure back in my day!I haven't had much anxiety today so I am pleased with that, but I hate wondering day to day if I am going to have it!!
|

replied January 4th, 2006
Weird Feelings, Who Am I? Anixety Attacks
Hi there

ive had thoughts like that too, who am i? Why am I hear? What am i? That 'i dont know who I am, confusion' feeling. While these questions might sound trivial when they are sooo anxiety/panic filled they make you feel alone, desperate, confused, afraid and depressed.

They can also become also become quite invasive, but its nice too know other people have the same feelings (but wish none of us did!). I know how scared they make you feel and quite alone and trapped in yourself. I started to become paranoid that I was going sczophpric which gives you more things too worry about and it can become a vicious cycle, worrying about worry!

I have too tell you that gym, keeping busy (work and socializing) and presciption lustral tablets have really helped me and now I live a normal life. I have a really good job, go on diving holidays, take presentations to my staff and all manner of things that years ago would have terrified me and seemed impossible.

Whenever I feel these thoughts now, and im sorry too say I dont think the shadow ever really goes mate; I take a deep breath and exhale, then relax and focus on something like lying in the sun on holiday and the cloud lifts and after time they will come to you less and less frequently. I tell them too f**k off now days and have no time for them, I figure that I will get the all the answers when im dead and im going to enjoy the ride while it lasts rather than worry about sh*t I cant control! This is hard toodo at first as your brain keeps saying 'no! Think about this scary stuff!' but I think its a question of reprogramming your brain by staying away from the bad thoughts and disaplining your mind.

I would recomnmed that you avoid heavy acholol and definatley recreational drugs as these both set me back alot of progress over the years and now I only drink in moderation and definatley no drugs!

I hope this helps you and keep fighting mate but I promise you that it will level out for you if you take my advice. Dont dwell on these sites though, accept that other people feel the same, sure, 'cause then you know your not alone but dont trawl them every day as this is reinforcing your subconsious with anxiety by reading these stites your constantly thinking about these thoughts.

You can take control. Its your mind!

Let me know how you are, ill check the site some time in the next month or so.

All the best

dave c

:wink:
|
Users who thank davectigerlily for this post: paraboy 

Experienced User
Reply to Dave
Hey dave,
thanks for all the advice to all of us!!
I appreciate you taking time to read our posts and reply!
God bless you!
I do have that problem where I start to worry that I am going crazy and that I must be schizo! Very frightening!
Thanks!
|

Well said dave!

Its good to hear someone who is feeling/has felt the same as the rest of us summing things up so well, I think you are dead right.

Reading this today really has made me feel a lot better.

Thanks dave and everyone else

mark
|

replied January 5th, 2006
Thanks for all the responses! It is great to see others (well, not really as I don't wish this on anyone) with the same thoughts and worries.

That has been the center of my anxiety, while years ago it was the physical symptoms that bothered me the most. I got rid of those symptoms for many years and am confident I can work through this.

I wish the best for all of you, and hope we can continue to share our thoughts.
|

replied January 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Its not so much questioning life that bothers me (although I do that aswell), its the physical symptoms that get to me, I am constantly worrying every day about things that are wrong with me, it seems like a new week a new problem! :(
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2012
i know how you feel when anxiety becomes too much!!!
wow!!! i so totally agree with the new week new problem thing. I have been suffering from an anxiety disorder since i was 10. it got really bad when i found a good friend dead, its was like my whole life became nothing but worry . i quit going places , even stayed in the house for 6 months straight. luckly that all passed after several trips to the ER and being reassured that i was infact ok. im 32 now and i still suffer almost daily with anxiety. i take zoloft everyday and also have a back up med xanax for when i have the onset of a severe panic attack. its very calming to know that others have experience the same things i have. if anyone ever needs to talk or have that reasurrance that everything is going to be ok please feel free to email me anytime and label the subject anxiety so that i know its not just junk mail. i wish everybody the best and i know how lonely and depressed it can make you feel. just remember that your not alone. im a nurse and i see people all the time comming to the Er with the same issues that we all have felt. good luck and god bless.
|

replied November 13th, 2012
anxiety
Hello, I would like to know your e-mail? (: I too have these feeling and i would just like to uhm.. know some things i guess
|

replied January 12th, 2006
I just want to say that every post I have read in every facet, in the ehealth forum, you people are amazing, each discovering a great challenge in your lives, each discovering that we're human and sharing some kind words,
i had a crap day, then I found this forum, I feel human again, thanks,
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Re: Feel Weird - Constantly Questioning Things
You people are that think you are feeling weird please alow yourself to answer the questions asked to yourself, usually people will begin to flirt with perception when they ask themselfes questions like "why am I here"
and "what is my purpose on this world" and when people ask these questions the usually tend to think they are experiencing a nervous break down , but what that is is simply your brain changing its old ways and shaping new patterns iff you will and enabling your self to think in a way that unfourtunatly was never taught to you,
when I say shaping new patterns what I mean is usually man today seems to feel that they may have no purpose here sometimes this is because they feel everything is here and they have no significance. Let me elaborate, people have this pre loaded image of what the world is in there head like.........
|

replied July 19th, 2007
I think I'm experiencing the same thing, its a weird thing like I feel weird and its like I'm in some kind of a dream or something stupid, I just finding it hard to relax at times and spend most days starring at computer screens. I just cant seem to concentrate and forget things all the time, I do need help on this.

I use to be a epileptic but since I've had this i've had tests but nothing has appeared of one, and I've been off the medication since i was 16 and I'm 19 and things are going well.

Its just what ever this is I can't seem to get rid of it, I would love someone to tell me what I have to do to get rid of it because what ive read its the kinda things I'm experiencing.

Ive had this for about a year, so any help would be great I just want to be back on my feet again and feeling good. I did have panic attacks for the first few weeks but then the weirdness took over.

PS. Thank God, I thought I was going mad Very Happy
|

replied July 20th, 2007
Constant Worry
I cant understand why but i keep feeling like i am going to have some serious illness all the time. if i have an ache or pain i freak out and this causes weird sensations in the hands and numbness, especially while i am sleeping. deep down i know that it may be carpal tunnel or nerves in my neck but i constantly keep thinking the worst. And the more i think the more the symptoms appear! can someone please explain to me if the worrying causes anxiety which in turn causes the symptoms to get worse etc. how do i break the pattern? if it was MS wouldnt I be fatigued, coordination problems, vision. I must admit I do drink beer heavily and that probably isnt helping. I think i also hold alot of depression inside do to mymom fighting breast cancer and it scares me.
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Re: Constant Worry
Not to be negative but I'm going to try to explain where I think some of this constant worry originates from.

I think it's because when you get to a certain age you truly realize your environment and that it's a tad bit discomforting. Let's face it we live on a big ball floating in the middle of infinite blackness. Where all sorts of bad things can happen, from which there is no escape. That right there, is pretty wild if you ask me. Our environment is set-up perfectly for observation.. It's a big ball and guess what? We all live on the surface. We don't even know why space is here let alone why we are. Everyone always says "It's your life" and "Enjoy the ride" but the truth is none of us really want our lives to be temporary, none of us really want to get old, none of us really want to die.

I think some of us actually have a heightened sense of things but have no idea what to make of it. We just know something is off. It gives that whole "ingnorance is bliss" saying new meaning. I can only reduce that the answer lies in good health and exercise not only for longevity but for our mental health during the "ride".

Best Wishes,
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2007
the feeling of not being urself or a dissconnection from reality is called derealization.

ive had it for a couple months now ever since my first panic attack. i no exactly what youre going thru. basically its a sysmptom from anxiety...not everyone gets it tho. if you dont have anxiety tho and are suffering from this its probly because youve been traumatized in the pass or had bad reactions to the use of recreational drugs. im very young but know alot about this dissociative disorder. its an awful thing to live with and if you have any questions please feel free to ask
|

replied September 5th, 2007
Experienced User
suzie1105 wrote:
the feeling of not being urself or a dissconnection from reality is called derealization.

ive had it for a couple months now ever since my first panic attack. i no exactly what youre going thru. basically its a sysmptom from anxiety...not everyone gets it tho. if you dont have anxiety tho and are suffering from this its probly because youve been traumatized in the pass or had bad reactions to the use of recreational drugs. im very young but know alot about this dissociative disorder. its an awful thing to live with and if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Derealization is actually a healthy thing for your mind to do. It's shutting itself down from too much stress and so you feel like you're in a dream. It doesn't always come from drugs or trauma. I had it first happen to me when I was 5 and coming home from and exciting day.

Either way, it'll linger if you worry about it but it's a completely natural thing for your brain to do and everyone has it happen to them at some point. Most people just usually say they're tired and forget about it. People like us focus on it too much and that's the only thing that keeps it around. It's a normal thing to feel..........don't let it bother you. If you didn't have that reaction, you'd lose your mind. You're more sane as a result of having it.
|

replied May 12th, 2011
HELP ME THIS IS VERY WEIRD!
Sometimes i feel as if everything is going really fast, i dont know how to explain this weird and stressful feeling. Ive been experiencing it since about 4 years and it mostly happens when i am home a lone, and when i have to go to bed. i am thirteen now and its driving me nuts. HELP ME FIND THE SOLUTION. Again, this feeling is very awkward it is like if everything around me is going fast, my hearts starts pumping very fats, and i start crying.
|

replied May 12th, 2011
Sometimes i feel as if everything is going really fast, i dont know how to explain this weird and stressful feeling. Ive been experiencing it since about 4 years and it mostly happens when i am home a lone, and when i have to go to bed. i am thirteen now and its driving me nuts. HELP ME FIND THE SOLUTION. Again, this feeling is very awkward it is like if everything around me is going fast, my hearts starts pumping very fats, and i start crying.
|

replied June 20th, 2011
god
i dont know how to help you but be strong!!!, this is my story, i was around 11 yrs old when i first had my experience of this weird feeling, we were swimming and having good time when this feeling came, its soo weird that i want to be alone and dont want to talk to anybody. when someone talk to me it feels like im in a different world... this feeling makes me feel soo sad, depressed, alone, scared but whenever this feeling came i pray to god to protect me and it makes me feel that god is with me.... i am 17 yrs old now, i dont feel it now but sometimes i still get depressed so i pray to god to comfort me..... you are not alone! just let god be part in your heart Smile in case you feel that again just remember what i say and always think that i am with you facing your problems, better do something fun than to cry.....always remember, im with u Smile
|