Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Does It Hurt When You Cough?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am 31 days pregnant, when I cough I have sharp pain in my lower abdomen , is this common?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2005
Not sure if this will help but my doc told me that should not hurt ur lower abdoman when u cough, or sneeze, unless ur constantly coughing and sneezing so much that ur muscles are sore. Good luck
|

replied December 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Grab you tummy before you sneeze or cough if at all possible. I had to do that for first 3 months with my pregnancy.
|

replied December 9th, 2005
I get that all the time too! Especially if i'm lying down. I looked it up on the internet and it said something about round fibroids stretching. Something like that. Anyways it's totally normal. It said to bring your knee's into your chest if you feel like your going to cough or sneeze--or even laugh. It really helps!
Take care!
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Second Pregnancy
I'm on my second pregnancy and both times I've had a cough that feels like I've got something slimy stuck to the back of my throat...In the mornings when I wake up the coughing makes me vomit...Is that a part of morning sickness for some women
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Second Pregnancy
I'm on my second pregnancy and both times I've had a cough that feels like I've got something slimy stuck to the back of my throat...In the mornings when I wake up the coughing makes me vomit...Is that a part of morning sickness for some women
|

replied August 8th, 2013
Not sure if im prego..i look like it..but when i twist to fast/sneeze i feal my lower stomach hurt..like pullin somethin..is that a sign of bein prego?? I had last period on jul 15/16 n havnt had one this month yet..i guess ill find out n a lil over a week..but i just had some questions.....sometimes ill b sittin n i git a pain n my back kinda by my side..dosnt hurt too bad..n im kinda horny.lol..ive been prego in dec. But had miscarriage i april..so i kinda know wat it feals like but then again everytime is diffrent so they say..i just need some info..anything helps please respond..ive been anxious n nervious to know...ps..dont have a ride or insurance yet..n im not goina go til i know for sure ive missed my period.
|