Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Swollen Left Neck Gland, Sore Throat, No Fever (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi I woke up two days ago with a really swollen left neck gland and my throat was killing me (it was hurting a little the couple days before but no swollen glands) I went to the doctor and he even said wow your glands are really swollen. The left one is more swollen than the right one. It hurts and my left ear kinda hurts but not my right. I dont have a runny or stuffy nose and there is nothing else that is bothering me? Any idea what it could be. I didnt hear from my doctor yet about if it could be mono. I doubt it is cause I dont have a fever or headaches stuff like that. I'm misreable. I'm stuck in the house and I need to get better asap. Anyone suffered from this too? How long will it take for me to get better? I dont think I can wait another day. My throat just seems to get worse everyday. Please some help me out. Nothing seems to make me feel better. Warm salt water works for about 5 seconds. Whats the point? I'm just so misreable right now. I gotta get better soon :(

-tom
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ralanabanana
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2009
ME TOO!
Hello,well i am in the same position,i have had a saw throat with swolen left gland just under my jaw,i feel tired all the time,with aches and pains,it has been about 6 months i have had it but it comes and goes,been to the doctor had blood tests,he says i do have a very swolen gland,maybe glandular fever?so i had a bloodtest for that it all came back negative,still no answers! and i am starting to get so frustrated!as it really is not normal,i cant even go out for a day,i get too tired and my glands swells up even more! please help me too!!!
GET BETTER!
Emmax
|

replied July 30th, 2011
Same Symptoms!!
I have had these same symptoms for the past month I went to 3 different doctors in one week and had a blood test for glandular fever and it came back negative! I am so frustrated too because I still have to work full time and yet I feel so tired. There is nothing the doctors can do for me I ave already been on anti biotics and it didnt do anything. How did you end up treating it?
Gemma
|

replied June 4th, 2013
I am having the same problems. Now it seems to be going to the jaw, teeth. Did you ever find out what was causing it?
|

replied July 30th, 2011
I have had these same symptoms for the past month I went to 3 different doctors in one week and had a blood test for glandular fever and it came back negative! I am so frustrated too because I still have to work full time and yet I feel so tired. There is nothing the doctors can do for me I ave already been on anti biotics and it didnt do anything. How did you end up treating it?
Gemma
|

replied March 4th, 2012
You're tiredness and swollen gland sounds like a thyroid problem, very common among women and some among men. Maybe get your thyroid checked out?
|

replied January 16th, 2010
I have this at the moment!! My throat isn't sore to swallow as it was at 1st, but now 7 weeks later, my tonsil is still swollen and it hurts to talk! What did you guys do in the end to get rid of it? PLeeeeeeeeeeeease help me, I am on the verge of desperation!! x Thank You x
|

replied March 6th, 2010
swollen throat glands.
I'm having this problem just on the left side. I had a sore throat last weekend and it went away but when I woke up this morning i thought i slept wrong on my neck and then i noticed it is very swollen right under my jaw. It hurts to turn my head because it feels so sore, and I got my tonsils out about 6 years ago. What do i do?!
|

replied March 6th, 2010
Have the same problem right now. I am in my second week of it, it's my right side inside of mouth soft part of right side palet is swollen. The outside under the neck the glands are swollen (right side only) pain when I swallow though (sharp) otherwise it's just dull allthe time . Saw my primary care and he kind of blew it off just said yeah they are swollen. I took an antibiotic briefly till I ran out it did seem to give me a slight reprieve.
|

replied March 18th, 2010
swollen glands
i have the same problem Sad i have it for about 4 days now and i have been takin some antibitotics but it hasnt changed a thing.infact ive got worse each day. i have been given some more diefferent ones... and i guess i will have too see how i go!!! i need to get better asap i have colllege to attend and i cant miss any work HELP!!!!! also i have toothache i have an infection in my mouth also.. has any1 got any idea how to get rid of this quickly.. i cant even step out my house because i feel so ashamed of how i look now Sad
|

replied March 28th, 2010
MY JAW RIGHT SIDE
i have the same problem for about 5 or 4 years
and i got to the dentist then the doctor they all say different thing and never solve the problem. well i have a slight swollen jaw close to my ear and it bothers me a lot and my swollen throat on my right side to, then most of my time i have head hurts and i cant open my mouth all the way to when its swollen to i already took my 2 right side wizdon teeth one on top and bottem so i dont know what to do anymore i have to take alot of tylenol or ibriprophen i hate taking medicines
|

replied October 5th, 2010
Painful Swollen Gland on Left Neck
I am having these same symptoms right now for two days. Didn't know whether to consult a doctor at this point or not. It feels like a combination sore throat and sprained neck. The gland is visibly enlarged on the left side of my neck under my jaw. It does hurt to press on it. Cold water seems to relieve the pain briefly but it even hurts to turn my head. I laid with heat on it one night. Seem to offer limited relief.
|

replied November 5th, 2010
I had glandular fever yet my test came back negative. After about a year of constantly getting sick had more blood tests and found the virus or whatever was in my body. Takes quite a few blood tests to diagnose but if u get run down and sick easy chances are u have it. Only thing you can do is rest up and wait it out. Sucks
|

replied January 11th, 2011
Swollen neck glands and sore throat
has any one found an answer and cure to this? I am 59 year old teacher and I need to know what to do.
I wonder because I have the same thing and I have seem three ENT, a dentist, my primary doctor and no one wants me because they don't know what I have. So, they keep refering me to another doctor. I had more lab work then I have blood. They all come back neg.
I had a CT Scan and it was normal, I am so scared and I am sick and missing work because I am too tired and in pain. Help !
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Left neck pain and throat pain for 4 months
Did this ever get better for you? I have been having the same situation for 4 months now and am at my wit's end. Looking for anything encouraging...
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Left neck pain and throat pain for 4 months
Did this ever get better for you? I have been having the same situation for 4 months now and am at my wit's end. Looking for anything encouraging...
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2011
left throat and ear pain
I've had ex-rays done and checked out by my asthma doctor. Both say I am fine. Now today the pain is worse than ever in the left throat and the left ear really bad! :0 It feels a little better I guess that I am not alone and that there are other people with this and that i am not crazy. But, what is the answer??????
|

replied February 11th, 2011
anyone get answers? i have this too Sad except im already on antibiotics for something else so i dont know that its a bacterial thing...
|

replied February 16th, 2011
possible way to alleviate
try cold compresses on your throat, popsicles, slushie's and cold plus advil every 6 hours. I was like this for a day and it helped. Think it's been nipped in the bud for now. All I can suggest, is find a doctor who will actually listen to you or try a herbalist or naturopath and see if they can help.
|

replied March 11th, 2011
Look for a credible massage therapist with additional training in trigger point therapy...my therapist found trigger points all over my head and neck; three treatments have made a big difference....
|

replied April 12th, 2011
sore throat
My left ear like towards my throat hurts and swollen glands. Really hurts to swallow. I had the same thing last month about the same time. Hope this isnt a monthly occurance. I buy the numbing throat spray and it helps alittle. Cant see a doc b/c I have no health insurance and its rare to find anyone that accepts cash. I have no other symptoms.
|

replied May 10th, 2011
Sore Throat on Right side of neck under jaw.
Me too! Started w/a swollen gland on right side of neck under jaw for a week. Just bothersome, but then turned into severe sore throat and dry cough. Thought I had strep throat, but culture came back negative. Dr. said I had allergies and sinus' were draining onto the back of my throat making it sore; gave me generic Claritin prescription. (I've never had anything like this before, even with allergies.) A lot of pain, another week cough is all but gone and it's not burning to swallow, except right side is now swollen and painful to swallow. I have had dizziness, headaches, and "fuzzy" head, and not a lot of energy. What is this? Perhaps stress related?
|

replied May 30th, 2011
Turn head to the left, severe throat pain on right
Same here! I woke up this morning having the exact same symptoms, turn head to the left and severe sore throat on the right side under jaw. I have no other symptoms but this is enough and it's the holiday! I have been under an extreme amount of stress and a few days ago had headache a couple of days prior to that could feel tension in my shoulders and back area. So I'm not sure if this would relate to the severe throat pain. I will be scheduling an appointment to see my dr. If anyone has any answers at this time...help! Thank You!
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2011
Going through the same thing at the current moment. Tried amoxicillin for 3/4 days twice a day and stopped bcuz I thought I was better but I was wrongggg. Glands are swollen again ears are sensitiive as if an ear infection is occuring, slight fever that comes and goes, sore throat from hell! Sooo I seeked some advise from a healthcare professional and now I am on Clindamycin. It helps treat any and most bacteria in the body and a persons mouth has many bacteria. The culprits behind this: either someone that had/ has it, shared drinks or saliva,etc. and germs germs germs. I hope this all helps and goodluck evryone....
|

replied June 27th, 2011
Swollen Glands, sore throat, no fever
I know this sounds stupid, but jumping up and down (on the ground or trampoline) helps stimulate and release toxins from your lymph glands. Also driniking a lot of water, messaging the area (I use Tei Fu Oil from Natures Sunshine) will break it up. Lymph glands are like a big filter in your body...the only way to get the swelling to go down (if chronic) is to break it up and flush it out. Getting on a good cleaning program, eating lots of fruits and vegies (get off all processed foods) for 3 months and probiotics will help the most. I've learned all this from plain ole experience and seeking my nutritionist over the years. I delt with swollen glands for years! Now I am 100% over it.
|

replied July 14th, 2011
Same thing as yall
OMG! I completely have same symptoms on left side under jaw and pushed into my left ear. Started with a really sore throat but that passed and was left with this. I am soooo tired. Happened a few weeks, doctor said NBD and that is was a lingering virus that would pass. Two weeks later same symptoms. No insurance and these post dont make it seem promising. Did anyone get a real answer ever?
|
Quick Reply