Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Sensitive Penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have a very imbaurissing problem. The head of my penis is very sensitive. And I think it is casued from how I have masturbated for the past 7 years or so. Basically what I have been doing, is holding my t-shirt that I am wearing in 1 hand over my penis, and stroking my penis back & forth, while the head rubs against the shirt with the other hand. I think that after the years, it has made my skin very sensitive there. I usually cant last no more then 30 seconds, sometimes up to a minute when I masturbate that way. If I masturbate, normally stroking it with 2 fingers, I can go atleast 3 - 5 minutes. Its very imbuarrsing & upsets me very much during sex. I dont know what to do. Is there anything I can do, to reduce the sensitivity, and pro-long ejaculation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Actually, masturbation, over time, will make you a little less sensitive, not more sensitive. Everyone is different; some people are simply more sensative than others. If you think, however, that it might be caused by another problem (which would most likely be a nerve problem), then you should consult a doctor.
|

replied December 6th, 2005
See I think its something I could have done to the skin. From the head making a rubbing contact over the years, it has made the skin very senseitve.
|

It could be nerve damage. But with nerve damage, you would likely be experiencing a tingling sensation. Do you experiece anything like that?
|

Yes, its kind of tingly at times. Its very sensitive. Is there any way of fixing this?
|

replied December 7th, 2005
Hey There
Actually there is a way my ex b/f had problems kinda like you except he never masturbated it was just sex....His was very sensitive too...But what he did was take coco butter lotion and rub it on there daily dont masturbate...Its very tempting but here me out rubbing that on there daily will help the sensative skin go away trust me on this one im no doctor but it seems to work for some people....Oh and try not masturbating or having sex for a week or too that will help too....After everythings going well still dont masturbate but go ahead and have sex it may be for 5/10 minutes at first but having sex everyday will make it so youll wanna go longer then you wont wanna masturbate lolol youlll be having to much fun trust me...Let me know if that works....Keep me updated....Sugar muffin :d
|

Thanks, ill give that a try, hopefully I can go find some of that coco butter lotion stuff? What is it, skin cream? Or sun tan lotion?
|

Yes it's like s lotion/skin cream of sorts; but based on it's ingrediants, theoretically it would do nothing except make your skin softer. Masturbating will not make "the sensitive skin go away." the fact that he says there is a tingling leads me to believe it might be nerve damage or a nerve problem. You should probably visit your doctor to get it checked out just in case, as nerve damage in your penis, for some reason, has become more and more common.
|

Okay, I will try that. But are there methods than can be done to fix this?
|

replied December 9th, 2005
I dont have a problem getting erections. My only problem is I cant last very long if the head of my penis comes in contact with anything due to the sensitvity. If I were to masturbate, without touching the head, I can last 3-5 minutes, minimum, easy. But if I were to touch the head, that time is greatly reduced. I really would like to knwo if things can be done, to fix the problem, if I visit a doctor?
|

replied December 9th, 2005
It wouldn't hurt. If you're worried about it during sex, you might masturbate before sex, try the "stop and go method," and/or learn kegels (which, over time, will allow you to ejaculate/orgasm when you're ready) to help you last longer.
|

replied December 10th, 2005
What are kegels?
|

replied December 10th, 2005
Kegels is like an exercise. Basically you squeeze/contract your pc muscle, and then release it repetitively. Then you have one long hold of about 30 sec. This helps to strengthen the pc muscle. With a strengthened pc muscle, during sex, you can contract it and keep yourself from orgasming/ejaculating. You have to strengthen it though, at first it will probably be difficult for you to contract it for longer than a few seconds, but eventually you'll be able to hold it indefinitely. You must be sure, however, that when you're doing this only to contract your pc muscle; if you contract any other muscles (ie: anus) it will defeat the purpose of the exercise. You can find the pc muscle by stoping urine flow when you're peeing, this is the same muscle that allows you to do that.
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Sensitive penis issues
I've read this and I have the same issues now. This is something that's only been occurring for a year and a half. I am to sensitive now and get off just starting when I swell up inside my fiance. Before this would happen I could go for an hour or two easily without getting off so I know that it's possible and that something is not right for this to start now. Mine is very sensitive.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
im reading everyones posts and trying to get ideas i have the same problem im very quick and leaving my wife very unsatisfied i go almost as soon as i penetrate her but after words like would like to keep going but i get so sensitive that it feels like the are needles poking me in the head its very uncomfortable and it also happens when she does oral sex i cant stand this what can i do to fix this problem
|

replied August 12th, 2012
I think its more related to medical or physical condition. I have same problem and one time visited herbal medicine clinic. He gave me some herbal medicine and told that it will make my kidneys strong. It was effective but I did no use it for long because I was afraid of non branded medicine and not approved by any known company.
|

replied August 12th, 2012
I think its more related to medical or physical condition. I have same problem and one time visited herbal medicine clinic. He gave me some herbal medicine and told that it will make my kidneys strong. It was effective but I did no use it for long because I was afraid of non branded medicine and not approved by any known company.
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
Kenmbat
Good input here, I have a problem too. Iam 35 years old and I had a tight circumcision 5 years ago without any sensitivity problems up to recently when my penis especially the underside including the frenulum which was left intact suddenly became sensitive even to underwear rubbing, when I walk or sit and my underside sits on the scrotum i get irritating erotic feelings like someone is slowly stroking my underside and frenulum and it's quiete irritating and takes my concentration off whatever Iam doing. Any one with any idea on how I can get this resolved?
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
Kenmbat
Good input here, I have a problem too. Iam 35 years old and I had a tight circumcision 5 years ago without any sensitivity problems up to recently when my penis especially the underside including the frenulum which was left intact suddenly became sensitive even to underwear rubbing, when I walk or sit and my underside sits on the scrotum i get irritating erotic feelings like someone is slowly stroking my underside and frenulum and it's quiete irritating and takes my concentration off whatever Iam doing. Any one with any idea on how I can get this resolved?
|
Quick Reply