Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

3 Month Old Bruise/pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
About three months ago I bruised my shin by bumping it against a piece of wood. I had great pain at the time, much more than I expected for the type of injury. I still have a small lump at the site, it is sometimes discolored, and aches. Some days the pain is much worse than others. Can anything be done for this? I can't believe it is still a problem for me!

Sue
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2009
RE: 3 Month Old Bruise Pain
Hi Sue,

Wow, it's been 3 years since you asked the question. I hope you you're going on this site. I also bruised my shin (right above my ankles) with a piece a twig that slapped the bone part. It only hurts when I place pressure on it. It's been 3 months now and it's still there. I tried to massage it the other day, but now the bruise spread! I think a darker discoloration. Once a nickel size now a dollar coin size! Why hasn't the bruise gone away? And did it make it worse?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump
Quick Reply