Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

How to Kill a Cold?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Hey all, i'm not quite 7 mos. Preg....But almost, and I just came down with this nasty cold and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get rid of it without meds. So far i've been drinking a lot of orange juice, and I drink warm apple juice with a little bit of honey for my cough. I know I can have tylenol, does that include tylenol cold as well? I swear that's what my doc told me, but I want to be sure. My appt. Isn't until this wed, so i'm tryin' to stick it out until then. Yesterday and friday were awful, but today I do feel better, and i've been out of bed all day. I even went to the store for some quick necessities. Thanks for any info!!
-hopefulmjz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2005
Im dealing with a cold myself and my Dr. Toldme that its okay to take any tylenol including tylenol cold, except extra strength, also you can take sudafed, and benedryl... Id reccomend tylenol cold over sudafed its more effective for me... Good luck with that!
|

replied December 5th, 2005
Experienced User
I just got over a cold myself. I didn't know what I could take so mostly I just drank tea, which helped my soar throat. I did though take some buckley's, which i'm not sure is on the okay list but it got so bad that I just couldn't take it anymore. Besides it was only like 2 tsp so I doubt it could have done any harm. Others have told me that tylenol cold is okay, I just have to make sure to ask the dr this time when I go for my next appointment too.
|

replied October 21st, 2011
take lemon tea with honey and a pinch of salt, it worked for me during my prego days...
|