Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

How Long Do You Have to Be Off the Pill to Get Pregnant?

I am on the pill and I was just wondering if anyone knew how long you had to be off the pill to get pregnant. I'm not trying to get pregnant right now but I was just wonder for the future.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 28th, 2005
Anonymous
I think immediately! I know I was on the pill when I got pregnant!!!!
|

replied December 28th, 2005
My sister was taking birth control pills, and had to go off them for one week because of taking antibiotics for her teeth. The following month she found out she was pregnant with my niece!!!!
|

replied January 8th, 2006
I went to off the pill in the middle of the package. It will takes a while trying to get pregnant over 6 months maybe a year or never to get pregnant. Dont go off the pill on the middle. Your period will messup. You have to take all pill out then you will be pregnant soon. Here for your future better when you get marry :)
|

replied January 10th, 2006
Everyone Is Different
There is no set timing for when women will get pregnant after going off the pill. I always thought it would take me months to even get my period again (as it has when i've gone off the pill in the past), but without even trying my husband and I got pregnant within 2 weeks of me being off the pill. Everyone is different though... I have a couple friends who have been trying for over a year with no success and a bunch who have given up all together because even though Dr.'s can't find anything wrong with them, they simple can not conceive.
It's all in your cards I guess... Good luck.

Ps. The rythym method is bunk.
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My doctor said its best to be off bc pills for two months and in the mean time take prenatal vitamins to get your body healthy.
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
My Dr. Told me to wait about 6 months before ttc so that they are completely out of your system.
Edd 02/01....We're having a 'lil girl!
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Re: Everyone Is Different
cinnyclove wrote:
there is no set timing for when women will get pregnant after going off the pill. I always thought it would take me months to even get my period again (as it has when i've gone off the pill in the past), but without even trying my husband and I got pregnant within 2 weeks of me being off the pill. Everyone is different though... I have a couple friends who have been trying for over a year with no success and a bunch who have given up all together because even though Dr.'s can't find anything wrong with them, they simple can not conceive.

It's all in your cards I guess... Good luck.

Ps. The rythym method is bunk.

whats the rhythm method???
|

replied January 20th, 2006
I stopped taking my b/c on july8th, because me and my hubby were planning to start trying to concieve...And I found out I got pregnant on the 10th of july (according to the ultra sound).
|