Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Baby Blues

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I was wondering how everyone is controlling their baby blues. I am almost 5 months pregnant and I have terrible baby blues. I am constantly crying and thinking about things I shouldn't. I am always accusing my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years of cheating. Then I go through the thought of does he really want this baby? He says he does, but I seem to feel like I dont' believe him... We both want this baby, so why do I feel this way? He and my mom are always making fun of me for having such bad baby blues....What can I do to control all of these thoughts that put me into what seems like a depression?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2005
Supporter
I would say talk to you doctor. Maybe you are in depressition. It happens to some pregnant people. So I would highly advise talking to your doctor. Maybe he/she can help you out.
|

Experienced User
When you are pregnant there is a huge change in hormones in your body, these can can aid to depression forming. You really need to speak to your doctor as once baby is here it may continue and post-natal depression is no fun and can be potentially dangerious to you and yoru baby.

Go to your doctor, talk it out, sometimes just having someone to talk to abotu it all can makes things better, if you want to chat pm me and I will give you my aim/msn or yahoo contacts! My ears are open 24/7!

Best of luck kiddo
|

Thank You
Thank you guys for the advise. I will talk to my doctor about it on my next appointment. I confide in my mom for everything, but when she sees me yelling at my boyfriend she feels so bad for him and tries to make the situation lighter by making fun of it....It works, but then it makes me realize how stupid I was for yelling in the first place. My boyfriend is very understanding, and when I start crying and yelling he tries to calm me down by saying that it isn't really me talking, it is just the pregnancy....It is....I was never like this before I got pregnant.

amber
|