Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Feeling Weird

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have had bad anxiety for over 2 years and I started zoloft a little less than a month ago and i've been feeling extremely weird and scared. My vision is usualy blurry, my head is always tight/numb and twitches sometimes, I have this kind of warm fuzzy sensation in the back of my head, I can't concentrate and sometimes I get this unbalanced feeling like I might fall over or that the floor is like dropping off...Its very scary, also I sleep very little and if so not deeply and wake up sweating, I jsut want to feel somewhat normal soon!! All these symptoms are making me think something is really wrong with me....Will this go away after a little bit with the medication?? I'm kind of scared something is wrong with my brain....Any response would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2005
Return
Hang in there jake hope you got my message in the main forum page?.
I feel very lost at the moment all the symptons that your feeling sound identical to mine.
Have not been to work since the anxeity cant seem to concentrate for very long ..It seems that the doctors {or my doctor} over here dont know much about anxeity ??Maybe its me ??
Stay sane.
Jay.
|

Re: Feeling Weird
jake20 wrote:
i have had bad anxiety for over 2 years and I started zoloft a little less than a month ago and i've been feeling extremely weird and scared. My vision is usualy blurry, my head is always tight/numb and twitches sometimes, I have this kind of warm fuzzy sensation in the back of my head, I can't concentrate and sometimes I get this unbalanced feeling like I might fall over or that the floor is like dropping off...Its very scary, also I sleep very little and if so not deeply and wake up sweating, I jsut want to feel somewhat normal soon!! All these symptoms are making me think something is really wrong with me....Will this go away after a little bit with the medication?? I'm kind of scared something is wrong with my brain....Any response would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

jake, just wanted to chime in....Anxiety manifests itelf in many ways and it can be very powerful. Maybe you have been to a doc and ruled out any neuro problem. Medication will likely help, but remember that is temporary. You get a lot of good avice on this site as to how to deal with the anxiety, or even relieve yourself of it. A lot of people have been helped by dr lucinda basset's program, I am trying hypnotherapy- I have my first session tomorrow, but when I visited for my initial consultation, he gave me a quick lesson on how powerful the mind is- I am hopeful it can change my streaming internal dialogue to be more positive and less rooted in fear. The main message is find a way to control the anxiety instead of it controlling you. Best to you...
|

Hey
I"ve been to the doctor but all I had done was a blood test for thyroid which was fine. Should I see a neurologist? I've been to doctor several times and as soon as I say anxiety it's like they automatically don't listen and assume everything is caused by anxiety....At least that's how I feel...But I dont know...
|

Jake, i'd see a neurologist. I think you might need that peace of mind that there is nothing wrong in that area. Y ou need peace of mind so you can start sleeping and then you can zero in on that anxiety.
|

I take paxil but I have similar problems. I am very off balance and wobbly at times (but i've always been clumsy!) I sometimes notice I have a slight tremor, which freaks me out big time cuz my grandmother had parkinson's, but mine is more like when your hands shake from drinking too much caffiene, blurred vision (but I found out I needed glasses) which is also another reason for headaches (needing glasses) but I guess these are just some of the wonderful side effects of anti-depressants. I'm sure you're fine but if it's really bothering you, go see your doc and make them do lots of tests. It always makes me feel better when the tests come back negative and I was making a big deal over nothing. Then those things don't seem to bother me so much anymore. Hang in there. :wink:
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
Thanx
Thank you all for your replies...I guess im going to look into seeing a neurologist...Take care
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hey iamdacat,
pleae make sure to post how you go with your hypnotherapy. I know there are heaps of people of this site that are thinking of trying it and would love to know what success you have.

I am listen to a self-hypnotic tape everynight at bed time it is suppose to reprogram the sub-consious mind. I have only been listening to it for a week though so hard to tell if I am any differant.
|

replied January 15th, 2008
ive been going through the same thing as well, it got so bad i couldnt even be home alone. much better now, just slight physical symptoms and still a little agoraphobia, but im getting much better everyday. ive been prescribed different medications but have refused them all. some things that helped me:

1. dont eat sugar, caffiene, white bread or pasta
try to eat only organic foods if you can.
exercise!!
2. order lucinda bassets program and put the time into it
3. i recently bought a self hypnoses cd by dr. steven gurgivich a couple days ago and it seems to be helping a lot

you have to reprogram your subconscious. remember: your want is your way!
|

replied January 16th, 2008
patsys
what really is normal thinking or acting or felling without anxiety?
|

replied October 16th, 2008
Hi, sorry to hear you feel so unwell. I had the same but i came off sweeteners ..look under sweetener warnings & MSG. Hope it helps!!
|

replied October 16th, 2008
Hi, sorry to hear you feel so unwell. I had the same but i came off sweeteners ..look under sweetener warnings & MSG. Hope it helps!!
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Anxiety sufferer for 4 years... Not on medications but was..
Dont take antidepressants 1st reason they are very addicting and have bad side effects in time u might notice u are a different person and 2nd reason they ruin your brain and make your life shorter.. just excersize it helps alot go out get plenty of fresh air and drink lots of water) i took celexa for first 2 years of anxiety and than i noticed im not me.. it scared me.. i was always angry and mad and crazy, also i know lot and lot of people that ar dead now.. they were taking zoloft its very bad antidepressant... very suicidal and has strong side effects.. if i was u id quit) i did i quit and im okay.. i guess... i work.. go out... have fun.. even though i am unbalanced 24/7 and have crazy headaches.. i take fish oil its good for blood vessles.. you do know that when u are having a panic attack anxiety attack or just anxious your blood pressure is high.. and that can cause a heart attack or stroke fish oil thins ur blood and cleans ur blood vessles which reduces the risk of strokes or heart attacks.. as well as lowers your blood pressure.. and it can also help with depression and lots of other things iv been taking it for only 2 weeks and already have positive results)

You'll be fine) think less... do more activities to keep your mind off your symptoms)
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Dont take antidepressants 1st reason they are very addicting and have bad side effects in time u might notice u are a different person and 2nd reason they ruin your brain and make your life shorter.. just excersize it helps alot go out get plenty of fresh air and drink lots of water) i took celexa for first 2 years of anxiety and than i noticed im not me.. it scared me.. i was always angry and mad and crazy, also i know lot and lot of people that ar dead now.. they were taking zoloft its very bad antidepressant... very suicidal and has strong side effects.. if i was u id quit) i did i quit and im okay.. i guess... i work.. go out... have fun.. even though i am unbalanced 24/7 and have crazy headaches.. i take fish oil its good for blood vessles.. you do know that when u are having a panic attack anxiety attack or just anxious your blood pressure is high.. and that can cause a heart attack or stroke fish oil thins ur blood and cleans ur blood vessles which reduces the risk of strokes or heart attacks.. as well as lowers your blood pressure.. and it can also help with depression and lots of other things iv been taking it for only 2 weeks and already have positive results)

You'll be fine) think less... do more activities to keep your mind off your symptoms)
|

replied June 10th, 2011
Unbalanced and feeling disconnected from my body
So you feel unbalanced 24/7??. Not that this will make you feel any better but its the same for me. You just get used to it in the end but i wish i didnt have to. Ive been like this for 6 years now. I feel like my body isnt mine and it feels like im looking from my eyes but everything else like my arms and legs are not connected to me. Ive never been to see anyone about my problems. This is just the tip of my problems though and it would take forever to go through them all. Ive been running for at least 4 days a week for about 2 years now but all my running and fresh air has done nothing for me apart from get me a nice body lol. Not a bad thing i suppose.
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
Anxiety
I suffer from anxiety as well. I have been doin a lot of reading about others and there struggles. I thought I was alone. Muine can last days and dont have to have tremors or heart racing. Mine are in my head. I feel woobly and funny. Things look weird at times and I cant think. I also have the tingiling in my hands and feet. I was thinking something was seriously wrong with me. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it STOP w/o meds????

~m~
|