Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Small Brown Spots

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I noticed a small 1.5mm dark brown / black spot on my left hand index finger about 2 weeks ago and thought nothing of it until an exact spot appeared on my right hand index finger in exactly the same place.
Any ideas ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2006
Hello,
i have these same spots it seems. One just on the inside of my right hand, where the first finger knuckle is (above the webbing) and one on the edge of my left palm. I also noticed one on my 18 month old daughters right forefinger. Really strange. I have had at least one of mine for years now, but am interested in what they are now that my daughter has one.

Have you heard anything on this?
|

replied April 26th, 2006
They went after about a month before the doctor found out what they were. Don't think it was serious but i'd get them checked out especially on your daughter
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Hello, I have small brown spots that have appeared on my forehead. They are about 1/2 a centimeter raised of my skin. When I woke up this morning I had one under my right rib cage. I am only 14(turning 15 in 4 days) and all that has come up when I searched for this today is skin cancer. All of this has happened within about a week or so. If anybody has anything that will help me to figure this it it would be greatly appreciated!
|