Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Golf Ball Size Lump Under Left Rib 2 Inches Below Sternum

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
This morning I was streatching and felt a lump protruding from the left side of my rib cage. I have been noticing pressure and cramping on my left side for the last 2 months with lower back pain on the same side.

The lump has a dull ache, but no sharp pains. When I pushed on it didn't make it worse.

I'm 40 yrs old, female and have 4 kids and have been under a lot of stress lately.

I don't have insurance. Any ideas on what this could be? What kind of doctor should I see?

Please help, i'm a bit scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lynx123123
|

replied December 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Does the lump increase or decrease in size on a day to day basis? Is it just below your left rib cage? That is where your spleen and upper gastrointestinal area is? I've had an aching dull pain there for several years now and once, I thought I felt a lump or a swelling. Since it has been so long, I attribute it to trapped air or gas. However, if you have a significent swelling, I would get some type of scan done. You may have hypersplenism (swolen spleen). Good luck
|

replied May 25th, 2008
That has to be checked up, because it might be serious, i have no idea on what doctor you will see but i am hoping and praying for you, dont you worry, God is good all the time....He will never let us down....
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2009
what does it mean if you have a lump on the right side
what does it mean if you have the same symptoms but on the right side I have had my gallbladder removed so I know it isnt that and the lump has grown and now i am having pain...
|

replied November 8th, 2009
i have a lump under my left rib cage on my side and its just a little lump and it only hurts when i press on it and i just found it like 5 minutes ago i need help can anyone give me suggestions?????
|

replied December 19th, 2009
hi..
hi hawkinsderek. we have the same symptoms. and mine is big like a size of an egg (thats how i can describe it)it used to be small before but its getting bigger now. i had an ultrasound but they didnt see anything wrong with the organs in my stomach area. and now, im waiting for an appointment for my CT scan coz i really wanted to know what it is.. did you find out now what it is?
|

replied March 19th, 2010
im desparate and very scared......someone plz respond if u see it on time Sad My baby girl who is 15, developed an egg size lump beneath her left rib cage and above her ovaries.....Im going straight to the hospital in the morning she and i have panic written all over our faces. But, she is trying to disregard b/c she is terrified. Thank you with sincerity

Wubbie
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2011
golf ball size lump under my left rib
i have golfball size lump under left rib it aches and especially if i eat it can make me deathly sick and/or in pain, my bowels are runny alot, my blood sugar is dropping for no reason i am NOT diabetic. please tell me what to do i don't have insurance either and don't want to just get pushed around, i want to know what it is.?
|