Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Vitamins? Supplements?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey. First time posting here, I thought I ought to make it something other people could use too. I'm in my 3rd month. I never took vitamins or supplements with my son, however I did with my daughter because my doc reccomended I do so. They were both perfectly healthy. I've had miscarries. I just wasn't sure whether I should consider taking vitamins this time or not, and if so, which ones to take. I started spotting about a month ago, which has never happened to me before in preg. I saw my temporary doctor (until mine is back in town), and he said he had no expertise and that I should decide for myself or consult with my regular doctor. Can anybody give me ups and downs or something like that? Gracias. :wink:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Experienced User
If you have a good diet, then you should just take folic acid. But if you tend to miss some meals then please take the vitamins, they will help your baby and yourself. Goodluck and congrats on your child
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Try and eat properly and take folic acid tablets, this reduces the chance of your baby beong born with spina bifida. :)
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I cant take the incredibly horse pills (maternity viatmins lol) I choked on them twice and never again, I talked to dr and he said I could take childrens vitamins as well asked that I take folic acid on the side.

Folic acid is the big #1 but if your like me and cant take maternity just opt for childrens vitamins...
|

replied November 30th, 2005
The bleeding is implantation bleeding and is normal. If you dont have problems with getting sick with taking prenatels then yes I will take em if I were you.
|