Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Gray Pubic Hair!!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm a healthy 36 year old woman, and i've been getting gray pubes for the past several years; it's not entirely gray, but on its way!!! I feel so old and unsexy--i don't think my boyfriend knows, because somehow the light in his apartment isn't so good, but i'm ashamed to tell him or show him!!!! I know, if we're close, I should be able to...But, does anyone else have this?? What do you do???? I don't want to shave it all off!!!!!!!!! Thanks for any reply!!!! :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper melons28
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
That's terrible ehehe. I will have to get ready for this. I'm 32 and I have some gray hairs in my head so I have to be prepared for seeing then down too. Nothing you can do. I shave so I have no problem :)
|

replied January 18th, 2009
SAME HERE!
I am 28 years old and just this morning I noticed that had quite a few gray pubic hairs. Last time I looked I had only one or two.......now there are several. I thought there was something wrong that I needed to ask about at my next GYNE appt, which is why I am on the Net now. It's reassuring to see that I am not alone.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
OMG. I didn't know you get gray hair down there but I don't think my boyfriend would mind. It's just a color...but can you dye it?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Wait a minute...I work in a nursing home and some of the ladies in there have dark hair. I don't think I ever notice gray hair. I don't know.
|

replied September 23rd, 2009
I am 35 years old and I have been grey down there ever since I was eighteen years old. Now I am almost completely grey. I sometimes think of myself as being old internally. I have always wondered what is happening to me.I was very embarrass about it at first and simple shaved them away, but now I am married and my husband want me to keep them. I am still concern about them now because they are now very itchy. Sometimes I get so frustrated I full they out, since they can be removes very easily. They just grow right back. Is this normal?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
yes its normal my bf is 23 and he has gray hair
|

replied December 4th, 2009
iam 46 yrs old and i noticed the gray hair a year ago... i feel soooo ashamed but my husband just wanted me to leave it there.
|

replied December 4th, 2009
it is also the same time that my gray hair in my head starts popping out! im really freaking out!!!
|

replied January 10th, 2010
gone grey below
was worried, not now i read these. started go ing grey down below wen about thirty, thought i was being punished for the affair i had, wot concerns me is why and how they feel and look like wire, i do suffer from ingrown hairs alot and have alot of flare ups, but ive got to the stage im plucking them out i hate them, obviously not right thing to do wen i suffer from carbuncals or wot ever there called. anybody in same boat
|

replied January 11th, 2010
I started getting grey on my head at 16 now at 34 I am completly grey(well if i dont dye it lol) and down ther is so grey.. I do shave but at times I dont my 36 yr old man thinks its sexy... I say dont worry about it it happens and youll be surprised on how you man will react.. Its a Hereditary trait. I am 34 and i have come to deal with it...
|

replied January 12th, 2010
OMG. I experienced this about a year ago. I told my husband that if it ever turned gray I would shave it all off. My aunt warned me of this several years ago. So when I found my first one I manicured myself to less hair, can't really go bald! So I know that b/c I have just a little tuft there is less gray (1 hair every few months), I wouldn't know any different now, ha.
|

replied January 29th, 2010
Okay, So We Have It, But What Is It? and/or What Causes It?
Okay. Now I don't feel so alone. I'm 32 and have noticed a few strands of this graying weirdness occur. Does anybody even know what this is or why it is happening? (I saw an episode of SATC where Charlotte had a few gray hairs down there, too. They said hers was depressed or something.) Somebody please give us a REAL answer for this strange phenomenon!!!!
|

replied February 9th, 2010
If you have at least 50 percent gray hair on top before age 30, chances are you will get gray hair all over your body throughout your thirities. Arms, legs, nosehair, eyebrows, and yes, down there. Simply put, it is genetics. Nothing you can do about it. Pluck. Shave. Dye (although be careful with the dyes!). Don't freak. Your body has simply stop producing melanin at the root of the hairshaft. Yeah, not your entire skin! People who produce no melanin in their skin are elbinos.
|

replied February 11th, 2010
graysome
I'm 27 years old and I've been getting gray hair down there since I was 18. I don't have a single gray hair elsewhere on my body or my head. I'm blonde so at first it wasn't super noticeable, but now it's basically completely gray and wiry. It sucks.
I just shave it all off despite my boyfriend's preference for pubic hair. I would let it grow out in order to dye it, but that would mean my boyfriend would see it, and there are some things that he just doesn't need to know about. *sigh*
|

replied May 18th, 2011
tell a gray lie
tell your bf that because of the product you used to get rid of it...say nair...that it reacted with it somehow and now your grey down there. He probably won't even think twice about that explanation since men don't know much about a woman's beauty regiment. That way you can stop shaving since he prefers the hair. And if he doesn't like to gray and wants you to get rid of it, at least he'll think its just a chemical reaction and not something freaky going on with you.
|

replied February 24th, 2010
Gray Pubic hair in my 20s...
I'm 23 years old and noticed that I had some gray hairs down there when my ex pointed it out to me a couple of years ago. It's really reassuring to know that I'm not the only one within my age group with this issue. I was starting to think that I was a freak of nature. Shocked As long as this is not indicative of any health issues, I'm fine with it.
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
I agree with the above post. It's cool to know when you aren't the only one. I am 24 and I have had gray pubes for a few years. I think that I had first started to notice them at age 22. At first I thought it was bad lighting, but after I would shave/pluck the pubes out, they would keep on growing back. Now, there are more grey pubic hairs than before. I don't have gray hairs anywhere else on my body. I am not particularly worried. For me, rather I have gray hairs on my private parts than on my head, but it's really great to know that I am not the only one going through this Smile
|

replied May 6th, 2010
Can the gray pubes be an indication of infertility? (I''m 26)
|

replied June 8th, 2010
i am 27 and have this problem since i was 18 and i have 3 kids so i am pretty sure it doesnt Smile i have always felt so strange i went to the doc once about it and they said it might have been a birth mark giggle it was only a small patch then now its almost the hole thing i never said anything to anyone about it i even have a patch in my hair and i get gray hairs in my eyebrows i hate it i would really love to no y this has happened i am such a shy person when it comes to my partner and we have been together for 11 years and i will not even stand up naked infront of him ....
|

replied July 29th, 2010
Why Do We Have Gray Pubic Hair & What Age?
But my boyfriend has it & He is 15. He Freaks out when he sees it
|
Quick Reply