Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Baby Movements!!!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey guys..I jsut turned 24 weeks today thank god...But my questions is I feel the baby move more in the daytime than at night...Should I be worried I mean movements of my baby are not according to books..Or I am just being stupid and should be happy to just feel the baby move...
Go ahead you can call be stupid.......Hahaha
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Experienced User
I don't know but I think the baby probably sleeps too so that may be why your not feeling it all the time, i'm only 14 weeks so I haven't had that experience yet.
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm only 19wks but baby definatley moves more during the day especcially around certain times - mainly meal times. I think they have there own little routine going on in there too. If you are worried just talk to your Dr.
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Hi. I'm 19 weeks too. As far as I understand it, baby will simply be experimenting at this stage. I don't think that they set up a routine for some time. The idea behind the baby moving more in the evening/night time is to do with your movement. The baby will fall asleep when you are walking etc as the movement will rock him off the snoozeland. Whereas in the evening, you are still and he can jump around.

I sit at my computer all day, so am hoping that baby will continue to jump around during the day, sleep when I do and that this will continue when he/she is born! Bet he/she doesn't though!!!
|

replied December 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
I was told that the little ones establish their own routines of sleeping/awake patterns while still in the womb. I am almost 21 weeks now, and just really started feeling the baby kick last week. It seems to me that it usually kicks about every 3 - 4 hours. On the other hand, there have been a couple of days where I hardly felt it kick at all until I laid down to sleep at night. While the kicks sometimes feel very strong to me my husband says that he still can't feel them. :(
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Experienced User
Baby may sleep at night? Therefor less movement
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Experienced User
I stated feeling my little one at 3 1/2 months (thats 14 weeks I think)
anyway I can feel her move random times of the baby more so at night.

I read once that a baby moves 50 times an hour, so there are times you may not felt it, also I find when im laying down at night I can felt my baby kick more then when im up walking around.
|

replied December 29th, 2005
I started feeling my baby move at 19+5 weeks but it has progressed unbelievably im 22+4 weeks now and notice she sleeps beetween about 12noon and around 8pm she moves a lot the rest of the time I lie down and stroke my tummy round and round my belly button and can see her ever so slightly move when I do it its brilliant.
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Experienced User
I think no movement is what you should be more worried about. Like some of this ladies have mentioned they establish their own routine as early as now while thier in our bodies. They also sleep while their in there. How cute....Talk to your doc if you have concerns. But i'm sure he or she is doing just fine. Good luck
|

replied January 8th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Teach..Tell your hubby to rest his ear on your belly. My fiance couldn't feel it until we tried it with his ear. The hand has it's own pulse which can sometimes overwrite the babys movements!! My baby is familiar with my fiance's voice. When he hears it he goes bananas!! Tip: the baby can hear the bass in the male voice better than the pitch in a females due to bass penetrating the uteran walls. I am 24 weeks and have been feeling the baby since about 18 weeks!! It's the most amazing experience of my life!!
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Okay ummm I think I am 13-14 weeks pregnant can u fell your baby move I think I can some time I think it is kicking
|

Especially eHealthy
Not really...Of course every pregnancy is different...

Is this your first pregnancy?? If not, than knowing what to feel for is a possibility. If it is your 1st pregnancy, than you will not be able to feel it just yet. It's coming really really soon though. I was about 18 weeks (which is early) when I felt my baby move for the 1st time.

I know it's frustrating!! I even bought the little monitor from wal mart when I was as far along as you...Lol...It didn't work...I'm now 24 1/2 weeks along and it's been crazy how much (he) moves!!

You'll know when you feel it!! Good luck!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
On the pregnancy sites they say the baby begins to move on his own strength around 8 or 9 weeks, so I guess it depends on the person how soon you might feel it moving, or the water sac gurgling. They say on the pregnancy sites some women begin to feel around 18 weeks, but I know with my lasy pregnancy 21 years ago I felt him around 3 months--sooner than any of the others. Possibly 13 or 14 weeks.
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Again..I highly doubt that what you're feeling is actually your baby. Fat family..I wouldn't tell people what you particulalrly went through 21 years ago..Memory of it can't be that fond.

I know it's a frustrating thing to want to feel your baby move. What you might be experiencing is a slight flutter in the same spot for about 30 seconds. Now that is your baby. As faint as it feels it is!!!

I make 25 weeks tomorrow and cannot wait until I can deliver this baby as actually see what's been kicking/punching me all this time!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, but I totally remember like it was yesterday, when I bore my children, and I will never forget. It was that kind of memorable experience for me. You cant tell someone else what they felt or didnt feel. When I had him ---i had been pregnant 9 times, so im pretty sure you couldnt tell me anything about that can you.???
|

Experienced User
My hubby was finally able to feel the baby move with his hand. When we were laying in bed getting ready to sleep she gave me quite a few good punches strong enough for him to feel. I can also now see my belly move up and down as she is wriggling around in there. I will be 27 weeks this coming tuesday.
|

Especially eHealthy
Fatfamily....
...I wasnt saying that you didn't remember your pregnancy. I was just suggesting that you might not remember week for week with your pregnancy. Especially since you now claim to have born 9 children. If you disagree with my suggestion than I can understand that. My opinion is just my opinion...No need to act immature over me, who is only going through my 1st pregnancy. Looks like someone is just a tad defensive...Being that you have 9 children....How do you have time to act caddy? Or even reply to the messages that I post??

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
See who is acting "caddy" as you put it. I know I was 3 months when I felt him move. I had been pregnant 8 times before him, so I kept track of when I felt movement. I didnt say I bore 9 kids, I said I have been pregnant 9 times when I got preg with him.

I dont ever act immature--thanks
|