Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Months Without It And Then Bang!

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have been months with out the anxiety! And then the last 4 days I have felt tired, tense in my neck and shoulders, dizzy, tight chest, shaking! Etc. Nothing has changed in my life!

It is not half as bad as it was, but why does it return.

Do any of you have weeks of months without it and then it returns?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bek
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Bek, that is very normal. Anxiety comes and goes and it can come when you seem to have no stress in your life. Maybe the problem is deep in your subconscious...I dont know. I had anxiety when I was in college 20 years ago. Never had another problem till about two years ago. Since then it comes and goes. I am a laid back person, but my internal dialogue is negative (dont like the job, wife spends too much money, my son is not being all he can be, traffic sucks.....You get the idea). Someone told me to try hypnotherapy. I have yet to do that, but I plan on trying. I am not going to take xanax or an antidepressant. There is a lady named dr lucinda basset who has a program you can buy that helps you deal with this problem. Just put her name in google and you'll come accross her website. Good luck
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Best site I have found on how the brain works and relaxation:

http://www.Fi.Edu/brain/relieve.Htm
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Iamdacat, I have this program I am up to part 6, a very nice person on this site shared it with me! It has helped a lot. I have also purchased "hope and hlep for your nerves, by claire weekes", this was recommended by the same person that told me about the lucinda bassett program.
|

Bek,

is the bassett program working for you?

Also here is the link again... It didnt work the first time...

Http://www.Fi.Edu/brain/relieve.Htm
|

You will have to turn all uppercase to lowercase, I think the forum does that on purpose to discourage hyperlinks....

Http://www.Fi.Edu/brain/relieve.Htm
|

Experienced User
It is working for sure. But like the title of this email says - I feel great for months and then it all comes back - not as bad but still it comes back and it takes me off guard cause I am so used of it not being with me anymore
|

I have the program also, I only got about 2 chapters into it before... Well before I stopped, I personally started to take on symptoms after learning about them. I felt as if the program wasnt syncing with me enough and gave up on it.
|

Experienced User
So what is your anxiety like and how to you handle it? Are you on meds?
|

replied November 30th, 2005
Come And Goes
I agree completely my stress/anxiety comes and goes....Something I well just be driving to work and boom it hits me, I get knots in my stomack and my thoughts all turn to the things that I worrie about...It sucks!!!!

I have been reading o lots of books by the dali lama and they seem to help me, I also have found this link and the sie that host it has cool video on many heath realated subjects...

let me know how you go,

scott
|

replied October 9th, 2010
This is happening to me now, I was off work for 2 weeks with stress and now 5 months on I am feeling low. Everyone is asking if I'm ok, nothing has changed in my life so I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Please help, does anyone know of any herbal tablets to take? I been taking st. Johns wart but they don't seem to do much :0(
|

replied November 28th, 2010
it is ok it is calles setback and it is part of it, do not worry
|