Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Am I Pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Maybe i'm just over reacting here, but I think i'm pregnant! My period isn't supposed to come until monday (i'm on the pill, so i'm very regular), but something just doesn't feel right 'down there' and'in there'. The only reason i'm questioning the ability of my pill (yasmin) to do what it was supposed to do is because i've also started taking a new antidepressent medicines and had a stint with antibiotics since my last period. My new meds are remeron and klonopin and my antibiotic was zithromax. I can only find test that test up to four days (and only with 50% accurancy). What else can I do? What can I look for??
Also, just as some other side info, i've been extremely hungry lately . . . I've gained 15 pounds and I can eat a plate of sweet gerkins every night! Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2003
Experienced User
Teia
How long ago did you have sex? Let me know?

Lhileman
|

replied August 7th, 2003
*thinking*
Inever really kept track. I live with my fiancee, so i'm not sure exactly
|

replied August 7th, 2003
Experienced User
Teia
Sweetheart, by all means go get a preganancy test, just to be on the safe side, and remember to take it with your first morning urine. It is better to be safe than sorry. Do you want to be pregnant? Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let me know what you decide to do.

Lhileman
|

replied August 7th, 2003
Experienced User
Antibiotics taken with birth control pills strongly decrease their effectiveness. Take a pregnancy test to be sure and if it comes out negative discuss this with your doctor. He/she may make some changes on perscriptons that can be combined with your bcp.

Good luck!
|

replied August 16th, 2003
:-(
Just got over my period . . . It was only 1 day late, and 3 days long . . . Question
|

replied August 17th, 2003
Experienced User
Mot Pg
Well, are you happy about starting?

Lhileman
|

replied August 17th, 2003
:-(
Truthfully . . . No.
I wanted to be pregnant.
I know it sounds maybe kind of 'stuck up' and 'self centered' but I feel i'm ready for a child. I'm getting married to the man I love with all my heart next month, we are both in strong jobs (i'm in child care, I only make 8.50/hour at the moment, but it will be increasing soon - plus I can get a discount on taking our child(ren) there). My husband (to be) is a marketing consultant and makes $21/hour. He says it's too expensive and he's making me wait at least 4 years before even trying . . . It makes me so upset whenever I think about it. I don't understand what his problem is, but whenever I bring it up he always throws a fit . . . It's so fustrating!
I'm ready for a baby in our lives, I know what it intails (i've been with children all my life - my mom babysit since I was little), and we have the great support of our parents . . . . But it doesn't seem to be enough for him. He says "if it happens, then it does, but we aren't trying until *whatever the date was he had in his mind*". And if I quit my b/c and don't tell him in order to get pregnant and he finds out he already promised me how livid he'd be.
I can handle a baby and i'm ready for one . . . I want one so bad. I try to understand his concerns but everyone he has there's no evidence behind (the cost, the problems, etc . . . ) except for "well, *so and so's* *such and such* says . . .. " Sad
|
Quick Reply