1. Mind.─melancholy, esp. After emissions.─despondent; could not study; imagined he was going to have typhoid fever.─fears bad news.─nervous fears on waking.─easily startled.─irritable.─memory lost.
2. Head.─dizzy, as if he would fall; objects turn round on rising or moving.─dulness in head and at root of nose.─fulness in head; flushes of heat, afterwards sweat.─fulness in forehead, over eyes; in morning; while studying; with cutting in r. Temple.─sharp cutting r. Side of head with, at times, dull aching over eyes.
3. Eyes.─eyes weak; < from gas-light 8 p.M.─slight burning, lachrymation, must rub eyes.─cutting in r. Eye.─eyes feel as if sand in them.─pain over eyes.─pressure on r. Eye during menses.─pressure over r. Eye with sighing.─pain in l. Orbit, with pain in bowels, extending up into chest; flatulence.─r. Supraorbital neuralgia.─lids heavy, itch along margins.─dryness of l. Eyeball with bruised pain.─vision: dim; flickering; halo round gas-light.─(squinting, with worms.).─disturbed vision, one pupil dilated.
4. Ears.─lobe of r. Ear burning and itching so intolerably has to scratch it till it bleeds.─sensation in ears as of water dropping from a height into a long round vessel.─fulness in ears, aching in r. Meatus.─itching and tickling in (r.) eustachian tube from middle ear.─imagines he hears footsteps in next room.
5. Nose.─fulness at root of nose; skin feels drawn tight over it.─nose as if full of mucus, but discharge slight.─l. Nostril sore, painful; picks it constantly; scales form.─pricking in l. (and r.) nostril, brings tears to eyes.─offensive odour before nose.
6. Face.─shooting pain in r. Cheek.─peculiar stitching pain along cheek into ears.─great soreness r. Lower jaw at angle; occasional slight darting through jaw.─intense itching of face esp. Nose.
8. Mouth.─teeth in morning and mouth all day covered with a brownish mucus.─gumboils on molars.─tongue coated dirty white, brown centre.─moist, golden-yellow, or creamy coating back part of roof of mouth (s).─sensation of hairs on tip of tongue, followed by prickling numbness of whole mouth.─stinging on tip of tongue.─bad taste (coppery) on waking.─tries to say a word, but it will not come out; feels as if something closed in throat preventing speech.
9. throat.─mucus in throat.─tough clear white phlegm in posterior nares.─thick yellow mucus drops from posterior nares; < night; wakens him; must sit up to clear throat.─sensation of lump in throat.─r. Side of throat sore; sensation as of a pin pricking it; < swallowing liquids, > swallowing solids; throbbing in region of l. Tonsils.
11. Stomach.─acidity in children fed with excess of milk and sugar (s).─dyspepsia from f at food, or < by fat food (s).─canine hunger with gone feeling in stomach.─desires: strong-tasting things; eggs; fried fish; beer, which >.─aversion to: bread-and-butter.─sour eructations (s).─eructations after eating.─goneness; in stomach and abdomen, even in chest; < after eating.─heaviness and pressure in epigastrium.─vomiting of sour cheesy masses (s).
12. Abdomen.─sharp cutting in hypochondria and l. Iliac region.─flatulence, < after eating; rumbling.─whilst at stool, sensation as if a marble dropped down descending colon.─colic, and pressure, with acidity (s).─colic, as from wind pressing on bladder, causing frequent inclination and urging to stool.─colicky pains while walking.─colic in hypogastrium; soreness.
13. Stool and anus.─burning contracting pain in anus and lower rectum (on waking from troubled dream).─sticking as from splinter in anus on walking.─sore, raw feeling.─itching soreness; must scratch.─must bring will to bear to prevent escape of fæces.─diarrha with colic; fears to pass flatus for fear fæces should escape.─after coitus (man) urging to stool and urination: stools small, loose.─yellowish green, so-called "hacked diarrha" (s).─stool: yellowish brown.; profuse, thin, yellowish brown.─before stool: weak feeling in rectum and sphincter.─small stool before breakfast, soft yet with effort; sudden urging while eating; afterwards, watery yellowish brown, painless stool.─large, soft stool, easily expelled, with feeling afterwards as if much remained behind.─costive.─one day costive, next diarrha.─intestinal, long or round worms, with acidity, picking nose, occasional squinting, pain in bowels, restless sleep (s).
14. Urinary organs.─burning during micturation.─after coitus burning and itching at meatus.─frequent micturition.─obliged to vomit from pressure of wind on bladder, pressure not > thereby.─passed a large quantity of urine on arising in morning.─bladder semi-paralysed: flow soon stops, and requires straining.─urine: increased, pale; scanty, dark.─(diabetes, hepatic form).
15. Male sexual organs.─erections almost nightly, preceded by slight pains in testicles (< l.).─drawing in testes and cords.─emissions: at night with vivid dreams; after coitus; without dreams.─semen, thin, watery, smells like stale urine.─emissions followed by weak back and trembling of knees.─great itching of scrotum; prepuce; anus.
16. Female sexual organs.─menses five days early.─during menses: feet icy cold by day, burn at night in bed; pressure in r. Eye; flow at first paler than usual.─after menses: symptoms <; trembling at heart, headache; paralytic aching in r. Wrist; knees feel as if tendons shortened.─leucorrha: creamy or honey-coloured; sour-smelling, acrid, and watery (s).─prolapsus uteri with weak sinking sensation after defecation.
17. Respiratory organs.─hoarseness.─cough from drinking water.─cough from tickling in throat.─constant cough and hawking; pain in chest in mammary region.
18. Chest.─empty feeling in chest,< after a meal.─pain through chest (< q after dinner.─pain from r. Clavicle diagonally to stomach, intense, caused starting, followed by hoarseness.─burning deep in chest, < r. Side.─sudden feeling of fulness.─contracted feeling; muscles as if drawn; aching pains.─weight above ensiform cartilage, with empty feeling.─lower third of sternum, pain as if torn in two.─(phthisis florida in young subjects).
19. Heart.─trembling about heart < going up stairs.─feeling as if a lump or bubble started from heart and were forced through arteries.─heart feels uneasy, esp. About base, when pains in limbs and great toe are better.─pulses felt all over body.─pulse, quick, jerking.
20. Neck and back.─crick in both sides of neck.─scrofulous swelling of lymphatic glands (s).─goître.─weakness in back towards evening.─slight pain in l. Scapula.─sharp pain in r. Sacro-iliac joint.
21. Limbs.─r. Wrist and l. Ankle weak, ache as if paralysed (after menses).─drawing in hands, feet, wrist-joints, and l. Shoulder.
22. Upper limbs.─synovial crepitation.─arm (l.) feels gone, tired.─arms weak, must let them drop.─heaviness of r. Arm.─contraction of extensors in back of arm, often, when writing.─rheumatic pain in r. Shoulder; feels nervous.─shooting pains from neck over r. Shoulder.─deep-seated pain in r. Wrist going into palm.─drawing cramping; paralytic aching (during menses) in r. Wrist.─numbness in r. Hand and arm.─crampy pain in l. Hand, esp. Index finger.─numbness in r. Fingers, occasional darting, < ring fingers.─severe shooting pains in l. Middle and index fingers.
23. Lower limbs.─synovial crepitation.─sudden giving way of legs while walking, as though they would be paralysed.─hamstrings stiff.─sharp, shooting front of l. Thigh.─knees feel as if tendons shortened; (also at menses).─stitching in l. Knee.─when walking: calves feel pulled tight, as if needles piercing calf.─pain in ball of foot; in (r.) big toe.─gout (s).─rheumatism (s).─much itching at ankle-joints; even eczematous eruption.
24. Generalities.─lassitude: in morning; in hot weather.─nervous.─sore.─ wakes at midnight; soon a sensation like electric shock through body; trembling and palpitation as from fright.─deposits in joints (s).
25. Skin.─itching; < after going to bed; hives (apis >).─itching papules on r. Ear; about joints.─itching of scrotum, prepuce, and anus.─chafing of skin.─eczema, with acidity, honey-coloured secretion.─crusta lactea.─golden-yellow scabs.
26. Sleep.─drowsy all day, most forenoon; falls asleep sitting.─unusual excitement, could not sleep till 1, awoke again at 5, unrested.─sleepless 12 to 3 a.M.─dreams: sexual; vexing; of the dead.
27. Fever.─chilly: during menses; most on chest; followed by hot flushes round body.─feet icy cold by day, burn at night (during menses).─cannot get to sleep feels so hot; thoughts crowd on his mind.─flashes of heat and sweat.─face burns.─exceedingly sour-smelling sweats (s).─intermittent fever with vomiting of sour masses [/color]