Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

I Have the Worst Luck

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, im michelle,19 currently 10wks and am struggling through this pregnancy! I feel like im so alone.. Ive been goin thru morning sickness (aka 24/7 sickness) since I was 6 wks it peaked at 8wks, ive lost about 35 lbs and still have about a month left to go with this so the Dr. Says. Is ne1 else goin thru this as bad as me? Id guess its true that this is hereditary cuz my mom was just as bad off for me as I am she only was able to gain 11 lbs throughout her pregnancy and threatened to miscarry and I was born a premmie.. Ive been in the hospital 4 times for vomiting and dehydration for days at a time(got so bad I was throwing up blood :(..) ive had 3 emergency ultrasounds been on bedrest, while in the hospital I had a seizure from an allergic reaction to sum medication they gave me thru my iv(that was a scary experience..).. I now sleep in the recliner cuz I cant lay down without vomiting, I can stomach about a handfull of cheez-its a day, and sleep! Hah I get like an hour a nite!... Im just looking for a little support and sum1 to tell my troubles to I guess... I live with my mom, dad, and other siblings and the up all nite throwing up and weekends spent in the hospitals is getting old to them and the father well is not in my life... Long story but for good reasons he doesnt even know im pregnant for him.. I just need to hear from ppl who r goin through sum of the same things I am.. I just keep telling myself "one day at a time"... Any encouraging comments would be appreciated :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Michelle
I had some bad morning sickness actually "all-the-time sickness" I am 14 weeks pregnant and i'd say the last 3 days I haven't had any nausea at all. So, it will get better. I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Thats awful, your mom went through it too so she feels for you right? When I drank water I threw it up but i'd take some vernors and that didn't come back up i'm not saying that it made me feel better but at least I had some fluids in me. My mom said that my cousin wore a motion sickness braclet and that made her feel better, I didn't try that because my mom just told me on thursday she said they have them at kroger, I don't know where you live but they would probably have them at walmart or meijer too. I found a web site: I hope that will help. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

|

replied November 28th, 2005
I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time of it!! I know the doctors can prescribe medication for severe nausea and would have thought they'd have done so with you by now (a 35 lb. Weight loss is extremely alarming!).

I was 19 when I was pregnant with my first son and I experienced the same type of all-day-long sickness for weeks and weeks. I lost 11 lbs. By my 2nd trimester and just thought I was going to die from all the throwing up. It's miserable and I hate hearing when others are going through it!

On the bright side, I felt queasy and slightly nauseous at times w/ my 2nd son but didn't throw up once. Now i'm pregnant with my 3rd child (9 weeks along) and I can smell everything in the word and feel queasy at times b/c of it, but I haven't thrown up at all.

Anyway, my experience indicates that it gets better - once your first trimester is over, it should start to ease up a bit. Make sure to ask about the meds and hang in there. Definitely look into the motion sickness bracelets - they should sell them at your nearest pharmacy. It supposedly has some sort of accu-pressure theory behind it. Also, I saw something called "preggo pops" that were lollypops to help w/ nausea in pregnancy. They're sold online but I saw them at a maternity clothing store called motherhood.

Keep us posted, get some rest and focus on the gorgeous, healthy little baby you'll have at this time next year!
|

replied December 4th, 2005
Thanks Yall!
I really appreciate the replys especially cuz I was having a bad day today and it did make me feel better to read them... I was prescribed every kind of nausea meds that pregnant woman can take.. None worked except reglan which I had a seizure as a reaction to it... Good news! I havent been back to the hospital for vomiting and dehydration in 10 days! Im still throwing up tho about 3-5 times in the early morning and still horribly nauseated the whole day... But I am making a huge effort to keep drinking and keep a little something in my stomach at all times.. I found that the only thing I can drink without puking it rite up is tang (a citrus orange flavored mix that you add to water) and added a few more foods into my diet. My life is so routine its ridiculous and its getting old.. Im still having severe insomnia :( and I was anemic before I was pregnant so now its like ten times worse.. I am so weak and pale and I cant take my prenatals they dont go down I choke and gag and throw up... Oh more good news.. Im goin to start seeing a therapist, to talk to and stuff cuz this pregnancy and all ive been through has got me all crazy and very emotional and cry over everything... Luckily the evil thoughts I used to have are gone now, I dont know if it was normal but like in the begining when I was put on bed rest for bleeding I would think how much happier id be if I was in fact having a misscarriage and almost secretly hoped I did and those thoughts got worse when I started with the throwing up my guts and not to mention being outcasted by my family, the ppl I care for more than myself... But now I would never wish that upon myself or anyone else, this baby is coming into my life for sum good reason and all the pain and suffering will be over soon enuff and what I get outta it is the most precious and rewarding thing I will ever have done/had in my life.. Sorry to cut it short but ive got a headache coming on and lookin at the computer screen isnt helping..

Thanks again
|

replied December 4th, 2005
Re: Thanks Yall!
arpeggio wrote:
this baby is coming into my life for sum good reason and all the pain and suffering will be over soon enuff and what I get outta it is the most precious and rewarding thing I will ever have done/had in my life..

i couldn't have said it better myself. Your family may eventually come around, but whether they do or not, just know that your baby will always be your child and will love you for giving him/her a chance at life.

Hope you feel better soon, hon. Oh, and i'm very proud of you for getting into therapy to work on the issues you've been having. I hope it helps!!
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hello I have never had a child and I want to and I just have to say that reading this about that 24/7 nausea freaks me out. Nausea for me is the worst feeling, I mean a couple of years ago I was sick of the stomach and had a pretty much a 24/7 nausea feeling and I can say the idea of dying didn't sounded bad at all of how bad I felt. I don't think I could possibly would dare to be prego again after such experience. I admire you girl!!
|