Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Dad's Not Too Excited

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My husband has kids in a previous marriage. So, he's not excited with this one. He feels like "been there done that" kinda thing. It's my first and I want him to be as excited as I am. Anyone else going through this where their husband isn't all too thrilled about the pregnancy???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2005
Community Volunteer
That sucks. This was the first for both my hubby and I so I don't really understand but can say it stinks! Maybe try and talk to him about how you feel. And remember the woman is always more excited anyway. :)
|

Experienced User
Being Excited
I feel the exact same way! My boyfriend (of four years) has a daughter from a previous relationship and he thinks the world of her. She is a great girl and we enjoy our time with her. She's daddy's little girl and can't do wrong in his eyes. I am seven months pregnant now with our child and hope to include this baby in our family. As this is my first, every little kick, twitch, mood swing, craving and emotion is new and interesting to me. For him, however, he doesn't seem to show a lot of enthusiasm. I keep telling myself it's because he's a man, but i'm feeling very lonely in our relationship. Maybe things will change when he/she is born? I don't know. I'm glad I have family nearby who are supportive, especially since this is my parent's first grandchild. I don't have any advice for you as I am feeling the same way. Just wanted to share that you are not alone.
|

Experienced User
Stephanie,
thanks for replying. I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling that way. Have you told him how you feel? I'm not showing yet. Hopefully when I do it'll sink in that it's gonna happen. Does his daughter know that your having a baby? Does she understand? Hope everything works out for you. "men, can't live with them can't live with out them"
|

Experienced User
Yes, his daughter is fifteen. Boyfriend is ten years older than myself. Had daughter at a very young age. She's awesome though. It's kind of a relief that she's older; I can be more of a friend than mother to her. She's happy about it. I think it's just the man being the man. Thanks for the reply.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
That sucks...I hope he comes around.....And I hope you share your feelings with him....
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Experienced User
I wouldn't be to upset about it... He'll get excited when he holds the baby that you two created in his arms for the first time! By the way good luck!
|