Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Penis Pain & Other Symptoms - Hiv??

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
3 weeks ago I had protected sex with a one night stand.
I am very concerned that I have contracted hiv. I have been reviewing this forum and I know that hiv does not have symptoms but the effect of the disease apparently causes common symptoms. I went to a clinic and got tested the results for all other std's was negative but the hiv test will not be back for another 8 days. And may have been taken too soon to be conclusive.
I have had these symptoms for about 7 days, and I have had the flu before and the symptoms do not last this long.
Slight temp 99.5, dry mouth and cough, muscle pain in upper arms, back, butt, thighs and calves, shooting pains from my groin to my toes, pain around and inside the rectum, and throbing pain inside the penis.
I have not slept well for days and when I get up symptoms are minimal and as the day progresses they get worse and my temp increases.
I keep praying that the next day the symptoms will go away and they do not they just keep getting worse.
Anyone please help to give me some hope that this is not hiv, I am married with kids and I am very afraid.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ecogenie
|

replied November 26th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah, the hiv results most likely will be inconclusive, and for that matter, no matter what, you should have yourself tested again after 3 months. While hiv can cause some of the symptoms you mentioned (there are no set symptoms), it is somewhat unlikely that they would show up this early. Where are you located? Here in much of the us it's cold season, so that might be what you have.
|

Reply to Cd
I am in pa and cold season here als, but what scares me is the fact that I cannot recall having this combo of symptoms before. And the fact that I have the penis & testicle pain right after the contact seems to be too much of a coincidence.
I now have even noticed the pinkish rash and have several nickel sized brown spots under my skin.
Very very affraid
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You most likely wouldn't be seeing symptoms this soon (it is possible though).
|

replied November 27th, 2005
Cd Symptom-timing
Severalof the aids sites I have visted said that symptoms can appear anywhere feom 3 days to months after the exposure. And my symptoms are not going away with antibiotic treatment.
Hope that you are right
|

Experienced User
Symptoms
Though symptoms can occur as early as a week and can also never occur , it depends on individual to individual and the strain of the virus.

Firstly, one must understand that the symptoms occur as a result of the virus strain increasing in the blood in large quantities and starts to affect the immune system. This need not follow the same time line in every individual. If the virus replicates much faster, then, symptoms occur much faster. If the virus does not increase in larger quantities due to various reasons like good immune system, generation of antibodies which fight against the virus and so on, symptoms are either delayed or never occur at all.

So, it is very difficult to be promtly say about the occurance of symptoms. So the best solution is to get tested promptly after the window period, which works 95% for most individuals
|

Kiklisk- More Questions For You
If you show symptoms very soon and are positive would this mean that you have an aggressive form and will get aids much sooner?
Are you aware of the penis and leg pain as being a typical symptom?
As I type this is the 16th day of a constant throbbing pain in penis and legs.
I am grasping for any sign of hope.
|

Experienced User
Early Progression Towards Aids
Dear friend,

please understand that replies are never to scare you or make you worried. Its just to create a better understanding in you.

By the way, yes, medical research documents show that early and vigourous symptoms prompt an early progression towards aids, simply being the reason that, vigourous symptoms are a sign due to high viral load count in the blood and a fast decline of cd-4 cell count.

A person with very high symptoms and a +ve test, is considered on a antireteroviral therapy, after a cd-4 test.

Secondly, the symptoms you have mentioned are not consistant with ars. A pain in penis could be due to a local infection in that area. Consider going for a urine test for detecting any urinary infection. Also a test for common std's could be useful.

A leg pain for anyone is a common affair. Dont link it and produce a chain of worries. Try to relate it to your age, and go for some regular brisk walk and see it you get rid of it. Sometimes, even anxiety and stress can give you severe body aches, chronic fatigue and muscle pain.

So, if you are worried to wait until your window period, go and consult your doctor frankly. He may be able to help you.

Regards and god bless. I will pray for you. The good lord shall heal you from your worries and sickness.

Kiklis2k
|

replied October 6th, 2011
Leg and Testile Pain From STD!!!
I have the very same symptoms and it came right after having sex. No one really knows for sure what it is. All people can do as yourself is guess what it may or may not be. It has nothing to do with age. There is something there that came from having unprotected sex. What it is I don't know either but I have had this pain in the testicle and legs for over three years. I have found that eating raw organic fruits and veggies help somewhat. Homeopathic remedies also help. I have found that telling myself that this is with me for the rest of my life and just deal with it until I die from whatever it might be. Doctors just throw up thier hands and tell me it is all in my head. So they are of no help at all. Just keep searching the net until one day someone has an answer to this monster within us.
|

Kiklis Again Thanks
I am scared to death and I am not sleeping more than 2-3 hours per night I am counting the days to the window so that I can have a farily reliable test.

I greatly appreciated you answers and the time spent
|

replied October 6th, 2011
Pipeman where are you today with this condition? Hope you are still among us that are in need of help. Hope you haven't given up even though I would like to end it myself. Guess the pain is not as important as living is. Like Steve Jobs said we all have to go one day. How true that statement is. Drop me a line if you are out there. Thanks!!!
|

replied July 26th, 2007
Can Not Find Answers to Std Or Whatever This Might Be
Dear friend I feel for you because I am going through the exact same thing you are going through. I am scared just as you are not knowing what I have. The pain is real. I think it might be something new to the medical community that we have. They just don't know what they are looking for because it has never been researched and given a name. Keep in touch. Thanks, Tom
|

replied September 6th, 2009
Hey all
Same symptoms different day. 12 years now. Just went for testicular ultrasound and waiting results. Totally undiagnosed. I am almost numb to the pain I've had so long. Cortisteroid shots in back helped with some of the leg pain but testicular ache,nerve shots, fatigue, low grade fever (sweat alot when working) vein or lymph pain not sure, continues. Have every symptom of Lyme disease on the list but all tests are negative. HIV PCR negative at 12 years, swabs etc negative. One test came back positive ANA speckled. They disregard that test because Lupus is rare but with the symptoms it could be conclusive but nobody (doctors) will give me prednisone to see if it helps.
Very fustrated like you all. Hang in there.
Pain_in_nuts
|

replied March 6th, 2011
Dear pain in the nuts,
I've posted on a couple of different threads about this when I hear people are having penile pain and other symptoms including Lyme-type symptoms. You may have XMRV. It is a new virus and it may be what you have, especially if you have been tested for many other things. It causes penile pain, prostate problems, IBS, achy eyes, fatigue, and cognitive issues. It should be included in the roster when people think they have an STD but it is newly discovered and clinics are not yet routinely testing for it. You should ask you doctor about it though he/she may not yet be familiar with the disease. Treatments for XMRV are in the development stages right now. If you are XMRV+, you will have to do your own footwork (blogs, forums, news, etc) because this an epidemic of a largely unknown infectious agent (I don't think my use of the word "epidemic" is too strong - some studies suggest that around 5% of the public are infected). Don't give up and try to keep a positive outlook - we don't know yet how long the journey to relief, healing, and well being will be. It's near the beginning of the process but there is much optimism.

- John
|

replied March 7th, 2011
Experienced User
leave all the things. just go for a pcr test. it'll conclusive after 72 hours. ur doubt will clarify. i hope u'll be fine. don't worry urself. the test will only ease ur mind. may god bless you.
|

replied March 7th, 2011
XMRV test
Pawan,
what are you talking about? Where do they have a 72 hour test? The PCR test for XMRV that I know of takes 45 days. If there is a 72 hour test, i doubt that it is a reliable. If someone wants to be tested for XMRV, they should look up VIPdx or the Whittemore Peterson Institute for information. They have an antibody test also.

-John
|

replied July 9th, 2012
Pain in penis
I am worried.
I am 19. I have been sexually active since I was 16 and always used protection til 2 weeks ago. I had sex with someone that is dearly special n my heart. My signs are aching on the head of my penis and burning I guess u could say. I'm super concerned.. Is this even a sign of HIV or am I just being a worry bug?

Please help!!
-Will
|