Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Can a Shorter Period Than Usual Mean Pregnancy? (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I was wondering if my period last shorter than usually can it mean im preggy or not thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper adele1508
|

replied November 25th, 2005
Sure, if you are having sex you could be pregnant. How short was it?Was it lighter than usual? It could be what's called implantation bleeding. Good luck
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2005
Supporter
It could be but I doubt it, last month my period was shortend, it was lighter and only lasted 4 days. So yeah I doubt it
|

replied November 7th, 2009
I'd like to know the answer to this question too. usually my period lasts 8 days... this time it only lasted 4 days. I've NEVER had a period be so short. however my period wasn't light, it was normal. I am trying to get pregnant....is this a sign that I might be?
|

replied November 19th, 2009
I had a miscarriage during September and after my periods in October we tried for a baby. But November my periods is short. I bleeded normally as it used to bleed during my normal periods time. The second day it was very light. Does this mean that I might be or why is this irregular bleeding happening? Before I had a miscarriage I used to have normal periods for 3 or 4 days. Please advice.
|

replied December 4th, 2009
pregnancy
hey well im wondering about this question aswell, im on birth control pill but last month a missed a pill the same day i had unprotected sex, for the last 2 weeks ive been havin cramp,feeling sick, my breasts feel fuller and around the nipple is getting darker and the vains are becoming more prominant, i was due on my period on the 26th i came on but i noticed it was really light and onli lasted 2 days then i had a clear 2 days of loosing nothin then i lost a brownish colour but very light, i have been also havin a white/milky dishcharge ive taken a test on the day of my period but it was negative, is there any chance im pregnant ? thanks x
|

replied December 12th, 2009
I was also wondering about this. My period was due on the 5th December and had moderate bleeding on the 6th of December then on the 7th there was 2hrs bleeding then nothing until the late afternoon/evening on the 9th for 2hrs. And I have had no bleeding since. I usually have a 5 day period in a 21 day cycle. I have never been late or early, not even by one day. The amount has always been the same. I have gotten a few twice in a month. My partner and I are also trying to get pregnant and have been since January (2009). We are hoping this is implantation bleeding. Thanks for any help/advice.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
having lighter periods- pregnancy or other possible explanation?
I''ve got the same concerns. There was a very good possiblilty that I could be pregant however I took a pregnancy test on 4/9 and it was negative. On 4/11 i started menstruation however, not only have i been bleeding a lot less (my pd. is only 4 days normally all of which are heavy) but i have been bleeding hardly at all, and it is a lot lighter in color (like a rose pink color) and more milky. Would you recommend me getting a blood test? Or could it just be that i''m just dealing with menstrual changes?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2010
here is a weird one for everyone to see if they know the answer or see if it has happened to them before... i had a period like normal during the month of september, the day i start is the 23rd just like every months. then it ended on the 27th of september i thougth nothing of it normal like always. on the first of october i ended up bleeding again, the first day was like spotting and the second day was like a normal period. then back to spotting for three days after. this is not normal so i went to the hospital to be checked and they did no tests and just sent me home saying vaginal bleeding and told me i should get my period like normal on the 23rd again. it is now the 25th and no period, can i be preganat? heres the catchy part, my tubes are tied!i would love to have another baby but didnt think it was possible. so what does all this mean? why would i have two period back to back and then miss one?
|

replied November 9th, 2010
I have a 28 day cycle, always bang on time , and a flow of 6 days..however this month i started 8 days earlier,i dont seem to be bleeding as much either, today is the third day and theres barely anything..people say "spotting" could happen when your very early pregnant, this is more then "spotting" but much less then usual by far and lighter in colour, i had my last child almost 16 years ago..does this seem like a early pregnancy sign , or is my mind playing tricks on me? Smile
|
Users who thank nickola1 for this post: samit 

replied December 12th, 2010
My period was shorter than normal.. Could I be pregnant?
I got my period on the 7th like every month, but it only lasted 3 days whenit usually last 7days, the first day was heavy like normal, and the other two days were light, which is not that normal. I had unprotected sex once, but he pulled out. Is it possible thy I may be pregnant?
|

replied December 23rd, 2010
HELPP!
I got a concern about this too. I had unprotected sex about, 3-4 weeks ago. A little over 16 days after my last period. Nothing seemed unusual, until it was almost time to start my next period, then I got a little nausea once or twice, and my boobs were a little sore. My period came, and I did bleed, but I usually have a very heavy flow, and it was light, but not like spotting, it filled almost a whole tampon every hour or so. & I got out of the shower, and I used really hot water, then I looked at my nipples, and they were a little darker than usual. Also, my cramps weren't as bad as usual. I had some diahrraia and it was green. Could I be pregnant? Or, am I just too stressed, or could I be sick? Please reply.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2011
could be
Everyone answered the question with a question. There is a chance that you could be preg, but there is no real wayof knowing without taking a test. Last month I took 3 tests, thinking I was preg, but I started my perdiod. Normally I go for 7 days, and extremely heavy. Like I wear a pad and a tampon and still have to change almost every hour, and sleep on a towel. It's bad. But I am also nt regular. The lst 2 months have been on time, so there was a chance that ovulation occured, and hoping that mirical #2 was on the way. Well this month when I started, it look a day or so for it to really get going. Then the 2nd day which is always reallybad, was more like a normal, slowing down day for me. Then yesterday was lighter, and today I woke up and just spotting. I don't really want to take another test, because it seems pointless, since I am bleeding. I'm not sure what to do really. I just dont want to end up on TLC talking about my baby that I didnt know aout until labor.

Nut to nickola... I hate to say this, and you coud be preg, I could be wrong, but if your last kid was born 16 years ago, it sounds more like "the change" to me.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2011
could be
Everyone answered the question with a question. There is a chance that you could be preg, but there is no real wayof knowing without taking a test. Last month I took 3 tests, thinking I was preg, but I started my perdiod. Normally I go for 7 days, and extremely heavy. Like I wear a pad and a tampon and still have to change almost every hour, and sleep on a towel. It's bad. But I am also nt regular. The lst 2 months have been on time, so there was a chance that ovulation occured, and hoping that mirical #2 was on the way. Well this month when I started, it look a day or so for it to really get going. Then the 2nd day which is always reallybad, was more like a normal, slowing down day for me. Then yesterday was lighter, and today I woke up and just spotting. I don't really want to take another test, because it seems pointless, since I am bleeding. I'm not sure what to do really. I just dont want to end up on TLC talking about my baby that I didnt know aout until labor.

Nut to nickola... I hate to say this, and you coud be preg, I could be wrong, but if your last kid was born 16 years ago, it sounds more like "the change" to me.
|

replied February 24th, 2011
DONT KNOW IF IM PREGNANT... I NEED HELP
UMM I WOULD HAVE A NORMAL PERIOD WERE IT WOULD FLOW AND I WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE MY PAD EVERY HOUR... SO TODAY I CAME ON IT WAS A DARK RED ALMOST BLACK COLOR FROM MY PERIOD... SO I JUST CHANGED MY PAD... SO I GO BACK IN THE BATHROOM AFTER 2 HOURS AND THERE WAS NOTHING THERE.. SEE ME AND MY HUSBAND HAD SEX ON THE 2/5 AND TODAY IS THE 2/23 I BEEN HAVING MOOD SWINGS STOMACH BEEN HURTING LIKE A NORMAL PERIOD SO WHAT COULD IT BE CAUSE I WAS FERTILE WHEN WE DID IT
|

replied February 7th, 2013
i could be a sign of eptopic pregnancy i had that happen before ask for ultra sound and blood test hope that helps and yes u may be pregnant
|

replied February 1st, 2012
I had my period twice in december on the 5 and on about the 27. In januanry i had it on the 21st and it was just spotting then a lighter flow than normal for about a day and a half. more clotting than bleeding on the last day I had a little bit of brown discharge. Could i be preggos.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Selfish
Answering a question with a question is stupid and NOT helpful, the original poster never got a response because everyone else tried to hijack and ask about themselves. Start your own.
|

replied December 24th, 2012
Periods and pregnancy
My period usually lasts 5-7 days but now it's only lasting 3 it's been shorter for two months now . I'm not using any contraceptive because we are trying to get pregnant. We have been trying for a year I am 20 and he is 26 could I be pregnant?
|

am i prego or just early and short period
my period comes around the 23rd but last month it came on the 16 which was wierd and it usually last 7 to 9 days to completly stop but last month by the 5 day it was starting to clear up could i be carrying and not no it p.s this month around the 4th and 6th ive been havin sore boobs my period is due next week but while playing ring around the rosey with my son i stop and started to feel sick to my stomach like i had to throw up what could this be
|

am i prego or just early and short period
my period comes around the 23rd but last month it came on the 16 which was wierd and it usually last 7 to 9 days to completly stop but last month by the 5 day it was starting to clear up could i be carrying and not no it p.s this month around the 4th and 6th ive been havin sore boobs my period is due next week but while playing ring around the rosey with my son i stop and started to feel sick to my stomach like i had to throw up what could this be
|
12 >>
Quick Reply