Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

My Period Is One Day Late , But Got Neg. Hpt??? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok, so my period has not shown, yet, I keep getting the sensation that it started but I got nothin'.. Anyway, so me and my fiance went to the store and bought the first responce early results 2 pack (recomended by my Dr.) and I woke up this morning and when I saw I still didnt get af, I took the test and I got a bfn!!! I was soo dissapointed. Could I maybe have tested too soon and not had enough hormon in me?? So if I don't get my period for this week, and this is the only week I should get it since I am on the pill (since oct), how long should I wait to retest to ensure a more accurate result?? Has this happened to anyone else? I am soo sure I am pregnant, other wise there is something seriously wrong with me if I feel and look the way I do and I am not preggers lol. So any suggestions would be great. So for now I will keep treating my body as if I was preg. To be safe, and no alcohol tomorrow (it gave me wicked heart burn last time I tried drinking anyway but at the time I still wasnt sure if I was pregnant it was barely a thought in my mind) any way I could use a little guidence on the hpt's and any ones stories that are similar to mine would be helpful too. Thanks, kelly j.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper wolfeh
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Your body may be playing tricks on you....I have made my last 3 periods late b/c I convinced myself that I was pregnant. I hope you are though!! Good luck!
|

Experienced User
Wow, I knew the power of suggestion could be stong and I have heard of people psyching them selves into being pregnant or any other aliment, I hope that is not what is happening to me. I wasn't activly trying to become pregnant and I was on the pill, so it is usually the last thing in my mind when I dont feel good, but the symptoms have just gone on soo long and the nausea got progressivly worse and with particular smells, and alway got bad at 4:30 or so in the pm. Actually now the nausea and boob pain isn't too bad (i probably just jinxed my self lol) but I still havent gotten my period that was scheduled this week through the pill, this would be #2 missed, and when I missed the first one I wasn't really having any symptoms except what I thought were my normal pms and I spotted a little the week befor it was due and then again on that week. So I would really hope I am not doing this to my self, that wasn't and isn't my intention... So heres to whishing for a bfp when I retest tomroow morning!! Do you think that is a long enough wait, I tested on wed and got a neg??? Take care, kelly j.
|

Re: Late Period And Neg Result
I knew it immediately when I got preg in late may. My heartbeat was racing, I was tired, bloated, etc. I miscarried at 13 weeks in mid-aug, and I have been torturing myself every month since then as well, getting that same damn single line after being 100% convinced I would get those 2 beautiful lines. My body is tricking me every few weeks. I tested neg yesterday morning, and my period is due tomorrow. Why don't we hear more about the power of suggestion in getting pregnant?
|

replied April 29th, 2009
pregnant or not pregnant?
Am I pregnant? I have the dizziness, mood swings, very light pink spotting, really horny for some reason, hungry all the time and today I am definitely late for my period. It is torture to know if I am pregnant or not, and I guess I'll have to wait a week to know or certain then test as I don't want to test prematurely.
|

replied April 29th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
If you are late for your period, testing is not premature.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
Experienced User
You can Test now!
i tested 1 day after missed period and got positive although it turns out i have been pregnant since the day before my last period began lol have no clue how that could happen good luck and let us know the result
|

replied January 17th, 2010
am i pregnant
i had my last period dec. 20 200 it was 6 days lng i ususally have a 3 week period i didn't gt one this month and i hav been nauseas and i threw up once since my last period ended but i took a pregnancy test weeks ago what is this i have brown discharge
|

replied March 10th, 2010
am I Pregnant?
OK so I had a miscarriage last year around this time, and my periods have been extremely regular since until this month. I am now a day late. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I have a lot of the the symptoms of being pregnant. Can anyone give me advise?
|

replied March 12th, 2010
am i preg? iam from India , a day late to my regular periods, and have back pains, head ache, tired, always sleepy, heartburn, lot of cm etc. can any one help?
|

replied March 12th, 2010
am i preg? iam from India , a day late to my regular periods, and have back pains, head ache, tired, always sleepy, heartburn, lot of cm etc. can any one help?
|

replied April 7th, 2010
Could i be pregnant
Okay my last period was March 5. Usually they last for 4 to 5 days, but this time it was a one day thing. Not heavy at all. Since then i have been eating much more, sleeping alot, drinking alot, and my back has been killing me. I have took a pregnancy test and it can back negative. Still no period and i would say i am bout 6 days late. Could this just be me or what? Last night i had sex and now this morning i got like light spotting. Whats the meaning of all this? Does anyone have an answer?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2010
i am late for my period ?
ok i had a premature labour in august of last year nd for the last few mths my priods have been early bt i ma now two days late not sure weither to do a pregnacy test or just wait til the end of the week ?? please someone advice ?
|
Users who thank jones187 for this post: Melyboo 

replied May 7th, 2010
one day bleed early period or pregnant ??
hi all , so glad that there aare others out there that are having the same problems as me, me and my partner have been ttc for the last 4 months and have been bd most day in the last month . i have been feeling very dizzy and feeling sick , cramps back ache and mega hot fluses and headaches . but here is the stange thing i had a one day medium flow bleed 10 days early from when af was due which was followed by 2days of brown discharge (tmi i know) then nothing??? i have never been 10 days early or one day early with my period ever and never lasted just a day normally a full 7 days, i am now 2 days late from when i was expecting my period and have done a test with negitive results:-( so frustrating , has anyone else had simular experiance and what was there outcome .... ?
|

replied June 8th, 2010
Im wondering if im pregnant im 30 day late on my period i have the mood swings, im always hungry and tired alot always taking naps throughout the day. I took 2 pregnancy test in the beginning of may but it said negative. I have cramping but no blood what so ever. I started to feel nausea for about a week but then it stopped. I am constipated most of the time and my breast hurt. Could the home pregnancy test could be wrong and if it is not wrong whats wrong with me?
|

replied August 15th, 2010
one day late, cramping, scared shitless.
I keep feeling like Iv started, so I run to the bathroom, but nothing. I'm bloated, and peeing a lot, but that also comes before a period. Mood swings are normal for me no matter what. Uhm... help?
|

replied April 8th, 2011
I am in the same boat i was due my period yesterday, i dont a test this morning nothing. Me and my husband have been trying for 4 months now with no success!!! its just really frustraiting i could scream!!!!

Im getting mild cramps now and then throughout the day, i feel nauseious but haven't been sick, im bloated to the max not like a regular period bloat, my boobs are sore and really swollen right now. but the test still said negative, WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!

Have i tricked my body into thinkig im pregnant, im taking frolic acid but not knowing is so frustrating!!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2012
have same systems as you
i feel the same way as you i took a test the morning but not pregnant i was due yesterday for period none i for swallon breast had back pain and sleepy but i think we r both to early for testing i am going to wait another week then test if still not pregnant going to the doctor might be good idea for me and you i am hoping i am pregnant been trying for 5 months
|

replied August 18th, 2010
Late!
This is very funny, we all seen to have googled lateperiod and are all pouring problems on to this post and nobody's answering anything! I had sex on the 11th, and was due on the 17th. It's now the 18th and i'm freaking out! We used protection but still worried... I must say though that I've noticed when I go a few months without having sex my period stays extremely regular, but then when I break the dry spell it's ALWAYS late I think it's a psychological thing? Anyone else get that?
|

replied October 6th, 2010
am I pregnant.?
I'm kinda wondering if I'm pregnant I'm 16 gunna b 17 in December. me n my boyfriend have had unprotected sex plenty of times and I have alot of the symptoms of being pregnant and I still haven't gotten my period...i was suppose to get it two days ago and still nothing. I have a pregnancy test but I'm not sure when to use it...someone help please...?
|

am I pregnant.?
I'm kinda wondering if I'm pregnant I'm 16 gunna b 17 in December. me n my boyfriend have had unprotected sex plenty of times and I have alot of the symptoms of being pregnant and I still haven't gotten my period...i was suppose to get it two days ago and still nothing. I have a pregnancy test but I'm not sure when to use it...someone help please...?
|

Especially eHealthy
Chaser120, Why do you not help her right here? Why do you ask underage girls to PM you?
|
Quick Reply