Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Lower Left Rib Cage Knot & Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I was very surprised when I found this site,i've been dealing with this issue for 2 yrs. Now. My doc. Sold me off believing I had a fatty tumor (no concern needed) but it is a big concern because it feels like the knot is getting larger, I notice it more when I lie down of the evening it feels as if their is a large ball under my lower left ribcage, when I press on it their is pain all around it, I was recently hit in that area and it seems to have aggrivated whatever it is even more. When i'm out working I dont notice it as bad unless I bump my side or when I try to relax in the evening i'm gonna try some of the things i've read on here ,i never realized that this many people have the same symptoms, I wish everyone the best
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2006
Knot In Lower Left Ribcage
What did you find out? I have the same problem and don't have a clue to what it could be. Could you tell me what you found it could be please.
|

replied June 17th, 2007
Re: Knot In Lower Left Ribcage
[quote="sachin"] i have a same problem ,I am afraid that weather it might be a cancer plz tellme what is this and is this cureable
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Knot in lower left ribcage
I just found this site today,and I need all the halp I can get. I live in a sm town,Have no Inc, I have been in bad health sents 2005, My DR. said I had Polycythemia thay have never done any test to see witch kind I had. 2mo
later thay say I have sleep apea. I forgot to take a DR's releas to work so
I called the DR ask him to fax one to my H R Dept, He did saying I was disable
So I lost my job and good INC. I have a lot of pain in my leg's and back thay
tell me it is arthritis at first thay did no test, afrer a yr, thay did a bone scan it
shows no arthritis, I have been in PAIN for two years. some days I don't even
want to get up it is so bad, But I make my self cause I am afraid not to. Two
mo's ago I found a Large mass on my lower left rib cage. that has gotten some bigger. I went to the DR he said Arthritis again only another bone scan and no arthritis. Can you help me Please.
|

replied April 26th, 2008
Re: Knot in lower left ribcage
bama3317 wrote:
I just found this site today,and I need all the halp I can get. I live in a sm town,Have no Inc, I have been in bad health sents 2005, My DR. said I had Polycythemia thay have never done any test to see witch kind I had. 2mo
later thay say I have sleep apea. I forgot to take a DR's releas to work so
I called the DR ask him to fax one to my H R Dept, He did saying I was disable
So I lost my job and good INC. I have a lot of pain in my leg's and back thay
tell me it is arthritis at first thay did no test, afrer a yr, thay did a bone scan it
shows no arthritis, I have been in PAIN for two years. some days I don't even
want to get up it is so bad, But I make my self cause I am afraid not to. Two
mo's ago I found a Large mass on my lower left rib cage. that has gotten some bigger. I went to the DR he said Arthritis again only another bone scan and no arthritis. Can you help me Please.
|

replied September 4th, 2009
Upper right (epigastric) stomach bulge
I wonder also what this can be but mine is on the right side of my body right under my rib cage in the upper stomach region or (epigastric region). I have had it for a couple of years and it feels like a ball or balloon in my stomach. It doesn't hurt unless I stress my stomach. If I do crunches or sit ups I feel like the balloon is goin to burst thru my stomach! And that's when it is hurts. I have to hold that area pressing inward and the bursting sensation slowly subsides. Is this a hernia? Doctors don't seem to agree.
|