Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Could I Possibly Be Pregnant But Still Feel Like Af Is Comin (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is it also possiable while waiting to find out if ur preggers, that on the week af is due, you still feel like u are gonna get af?? Has this happened to anyone, and if so, what was the outcome? Thanks, kelly j.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Anyone??
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Alot of the symptoms you get when getting ready to start your period are the same as pregnancy. I have felt like I am going to start mine for the past 2 weeks.My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I am late. So I think this is very confusing also however alot of the symptoms are the same.Good luck
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Thank you for answering, I feel a little better knowing other people are running to the bathroom saying "please don't be my period". But it just seems to much alike, men say womens minds are confusing, they should try having a womans body!! Lol. Good luck to you too, and hopefully we will both see a bfp verry soon!! Kelly j.
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
You're Not Alone!
Hi! I too am trying to get pregnant...And my period is due sometime this weekend...I was kind of bummed because I was having all of the symptoms I normally experience with pms...Cramping, tender breasts, breakout...But then I found some stuff on the web today and realized that soooo many women swear they are going to get their period due to symptoms...And then they never do get it and they are actually pregnant. It's so hard to wait, isn't it? I'm dying to get a pregnancy test, but I just feel like it's too early and i'd be wasting $.
So, anyway, I now have renewed hope that I could very well be pregnant still, despite signs that are mirroring pms. Hope this is an encouragement!
|

Experienced User
Hey Chick-a-dee
I was doing the same thing with all the research, and I found the same infor.. Also today I am one day late for my period, so I took a test this morning but I still got a neg. :? And then later this morning and still going on now is this light watery brown discharge, so I dont know if this is supposed to be my period or what, but it is different, and I still feel pregnant and my stomach is still pretty bloated. So I did some more research and read that people can experience this discharge through out the first trimester and some times longer. But because I got the neg hpt I am trying to be optimistic, but it is hard. I am going to try to wait till next week to test again but it will be hard. Is anyone else experiencing this or has had this at some point?? Kelly j.
|

Don't Lose Hope...
It could be that you are just not emitting enough hgc for the pregnancy test to detect yet...I'd wait a little while like you said and then try again. And it could very well be that the discharge is from implantation, right? All I know is that i'm preparing myself to see some kind of blood, so that I don't automatically assume that i'm not pregnant. It's such a roller coaster of emotions though, I wish it could be more clean cut than this! This is only my first time trying, so i'm not that experienced with all of this :).
|

Experienced User
I think I am past the time for implantation bleeding, I had it last month instead of my period if that is what that was. I believe I am about 8 weeks, going by my last normal period. So I was wondering if light brown discharge was normal at 8 weeks ( this should be my period week if I am not preggers)? And if it is possiable not to have a positive hpt yet, even though this is what I think would be my second missed period if my last one was implantation bleeding... I am soo confused,lol.
|

My husband & I have been trying for 9 mos. A few times I felt like I was pg but then my period would come. This past month I was sure I wasn't. Thursday night I watched "titanic" and cried uncontrollably the last 2 hours (this was a sure sign my period was coming). Friday morning I had spotting after going to the bathroom. Aha! My period. Or was it? Later that day I checked myself and there wasn't any more blood than that morning. Saturday morning (my due date) I took a test and it was positive!!! Yay! All day saturday immediately following my positive result I began to feel pulling in my groin area (not full-blown cramps). I already began to eat for two and quickly adopted "the walk" (the pregnant waddle) just in case everyone didn't know. Anyway I had slight spotting sunday and tuesday. Every day I feel a bit moist down there as though I got my period. My symptoms come & go. It's still early, only 5 weeks. I went for a blood test today and then I go again in 48 hours to make sure my numbers are increasing at a healthy rate.
So to answer the question, yes, you can feel like your period is imminent and still be pregnant.
Wish me luck on my blood test!
|

Experienced User
Before I found out I was pregnant I thought I was going to get my period, mostly because I had the cramping I usually get. When I tested I didn't expect to get a positive and was shocked when I did. So yes, you can feel like you're going to start your period but still be pregnant.
|

Experienced User
I Am On the Same Boat
I feel the same way. My period is suppose to come this weekend. I felt very weird before, I even thought I was actually pregnant. But now that it is getting closer to my period I just have the symptoms I usually get when it is coming. I took a pregnancy test on monday and it was negative, I knew it was too early though, I just couldnt wait. Good luck to you and to me too.
|

replied February 28th, 2009
this is soo frustrating
I know exactly how you feel. I am on the pill but i missed one 2 weeks before my period and one at the begining of the month. well a week before my period i started cramping a lot more than i usually do before my period and my boobs got really sore, which they rarely do. my period came a day late and its very light and somedays i would barely bleed. and its not always blood. its usually brown and spotty. im always hungry and sleepy. i took a preg test today and it was neg, but i know it was too early. my period is supposed to last until tomorrow but im barely bleeding already. i dont know what all this means but i hope im pregnant! good luck to all you trying!
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Me and my husband have been trying to concieve for 7 months. We had sex every other day the week I was suppose to ovulate. My period was due yesterday and today I had cramps off and on all day with a small amount of watery light brown discharge and bad back ache. Im getting really upset with the neg tests 7 months in a row and im scared to test yet=( What do you all think?
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
still to early to test klb920.. id wait 2weeks Smile
|

replied September 14th, 2010
hi there.
im new too all this and just wondered if anyone could shed some light on the situation. last monday at work all of a sudden i just blacked out and when i came round the room was spinning and i felt very ill i had blood sugars,heart rate and temp done but was all normal so followed this up at the doctors seen as this has never happend before but they didnt no why seen as negative pregnancy test,two days later when i went for a routine blood test i was still having nausea and bloating with the feeling of bruised breasts when i touched them, they repeated the pregnancy test but negative she said my symptoms are very weird and she thinks that i am possiably pregnant but it is too early too show and too test the end of this week in which my period is due....but i keep having the feeling my period is coming sometimes and when i stop for 5 minutes the nauesa sometimes returns but not as strong as it has been has anyone ever had this before ???? thanks. bridie .x
|

replied November 22nd, 2010
feels like period is going to start for a week
Hi. Me and my husband had unprotected sex around the time of ovulation this month (about 2 weeks ago) I am expecting my period tomorrow or the day after...So far nothing. Usually I get cramps the day before and they are usually pretty bad at times. Instead I have been feeling crampy on and off for abour a week now, I did have some pink watery spotting for a few hours 5 days before i am supposed to get it. i also had more spotting 3 days before my per is supposed to start. and all week ive had a feeling like its going to start but it hast yet. The feeling comes and goes. I was sure i got it yesterday so i put a pad but only a little streak of brown, no real red blood. I havent taken a preg. test because I want to wait til I actually miss a per. Has anyone felt this and NOT been pregnant???
|

replied February 13th, 2012
Could I be pregnant?
Hi! I have always been really regular - never had an irregular month. This past month my period was three days late and only lasted two days, lighter than normal - the 2nd day was a little closer to "normal", just not nearly as heavy as usual. Two days later, I spotted light pink/brownish for a couple days - very sporadically. The discharge was a little "mucousy". I took a pregnancy test when my period was initially late and it was negative. I just took another one this week and it was still negative.

Does anyone have any insight? Could this be pregnancy? I'd be super excited, especially being that we have an 18 mo. old at home and feel ready for #2; however, I'm just not sure. I didn't spot at all my first pregnancy, so this is just unusual and with negative hpt's, it just seems strange.
|

replied September 15th, 2012
Help me out
Me & my guy had sex during the time I was fertile & I'm hoping I'm pregnant it feel like I'm comin on my period but I sleep/eat more than I used to... How long should I wait to take a pregnancy test?
|

replied October 7th, 2012
I very confused on the symptoms between starting your period and knowing if your pregnant. My husband and I started trying 2 days after my ovulation stoped and it was are first time trying and this was September 27th and right now I'm feeling like I'm going to start my period. I'm confused though cause I get really nauseous but don't throw up and I'm tired more often and more moody than when I'm pmsing and I just starting to pee more. I'm just not sure if I can be pregnant cause we only tryed about a little over a week ago and it was our first time trying and 2 days after ovulation. Help?
|

replied October 14th, 2012
hope this helps! GOOD LUCK LADIES!
when i got pregnant with my son, we weren't trying for a baby.. so around the time i was expecting my period i had all the symptoms. the bloating, fatigue, cramping, mood swings.. the whole nine yards.. but the bleeding never came. and finally after a week i decided to take a hpt and it came back positive! so YES you can feel as if your getting your period but it is really early symptoms of pregnancy! good luck to all you ladies who are trying to conceive! my husband and i are also trying for our second so fingers crossed! i was due for my period today and so far nothing:)
|
12 >>