Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Clicking In the Neck?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi, for some time now I have been having a strange 'clicking' sensation in my neck brought on by walking, talking, and movement of my arms. I do suffer from anxiety but am beginning to wonder wether this is part of it.
Anyone know what it could be?

Thanks in advance,
james
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2005
Crackiling Noise..
Hi there. Iam having this crackling noise from almost all joints of my body neck fingures shoulders. Well iam undergoing a treatment known as panchkaram. Which is the only treatment which cures almost all diseases/disorders. Try serching on net about "panchkaram". I can crack all my joints and the sound is pretty loud. Dont know much about it but yes my doc said in future ur joints would have crippled and you would have been in bad condition. So its like that..
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
But its just in the same place all of the time in my neck?
Could it be something slipped or bulging in my neck? Because if I put pressure on the left side of my neck I can feel my headache getting worse?

Thanks,
james
|

replied October 24th, 2012
Hi james how did u go with the neck clicking? Did it subside im curious as im also having this same sensation.
|

Clicking...
Hiya james...

I used to get this clikcing sensation almost all the time..However it seemed to have settled down..Although I do get the odd click now an again, but I try to stay calm n not worry bout it.

I get the clikcin feel in my throat and front of neck wen I move my neck and wen I swallow, ive also got this thight throat problem.. (globus hystericus).

Dont worry bout it...Ive been told that the cliking we feel is jus muscles goin into spasms...And this is due to stress and anxiety..,so the more u worry bout it the longer it will last...So jus try not to give it credibility n hopefully one day it will dissapear without you knowing.

I know its easier said then done I know....Nut u gotta try hard.

Hope this helps....

From sam
|

I use to actually still do get clicking in my neck but I also get it in my jaw and inside my head ( I know that sounds weird but really) it feels like a tiny ball bearing is rattling around inside my head ( my dad said it was my brain --cheeeeek!!! :shock: )
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you do not feel that it is anxiety and stress, talk to the Dr. About getting an mri done of the neck.
Good luck to you!
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks guys, im seeing a pediatrician again within a few weeks to talk through my symptoms as part of cognitive behavioural therapy. The other pediatrician said that he is 100% sure that there is absoloutley nothing physicall wrong with me and there is no need for any further scans or tests so I guess I have to put it down to anxiety. I will speak to her about and see what she says,

thanks again,
james
|

replied December 15th, 2005
Silent Clicking Sensation In Neck
Does anyone have silent clicking sensation in neck? I am talking about clicking without sound as I am profoundly deaf and had terrible time with silent clicking sensation that goes on and off for the last 1 and half year but getting less now much to my relief. At first it was flowing clicking when I felt slight illness with many different kind of symtoms like high blood pressure, bad headache, breath heavily in the middle nights, bad sleep etc. But now slight clicking, sometime same time at heart beating. Terrible time with my neck after been working as a welder for many years. First problem with repition strain injury then pain in the neck for almost 20 years since I left work. Now no more pain but slight clicking is still on and off.
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Hi All Do Not Worry People I May Have the Answer
Hi the answer to you pray is below i know is works as i have had no pain and noise from neck since i used this treatment.

Therapy Benefits

Each treatment session results in more and more tissue being laid down in the needed areas. As a result, the joints continue to become stronger. The patient notes more endurance, they can do more activities, as well as activities they couldn't do before. The main side effect of the treatment is less pain as a result of the joint being stabilized. Also, snapping, clicking, and popping sounds go away. The patients can usually feel the joint becoming stronger with each treatment they receive.

In Dr. George S. Hackett's monograph Ligament and Tendon Relation Treated by Prolotherapy, illustrations #5 and #6 show normal rabbit tendons which have been injected three times each. The tendon on the right has been given a proliferative solution. The left tendons have been given placebo injections. Hackett found that the tendons injected with the proliferative solutions were 35% to 40% larger in diameter and weight compared to the control injected left tendon. In his monograph and article in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Hackett states that 1600 patients with severe sacroiliac sprain were treated with reconstructive injections. They were examined by independent physicians 2 to 12 years after treatment was completed and 82% remained free of pain or recurrences.

hope this will help you out just to say i had this done 15 years and my neck has being brilliant since and silent Very Happy .
|

replied June 6th, 2008
Here is some info on the back of your neck clicking, or body!!!!
The back of your neck is making funny noises because you probably have what is called cervical subluxation (misalignment of the cervical vertebrae). A good chiropractor can usually clear that all out in one visit, and I would strongly advocate for you to have it done. There is no pain in visiting a chiropractor, fortunately. Not only will you be able to look to left and right again without problems, but your funny neck noises will be gone, and your whole body will thank you.
|

replied March 15th, 2009
clicking in the neck
i get the clicking in my neck/upper back just from breathing sometimes. does anyone else get this? i also get wierd pins and neddle tingly feelings in the left side of my face head and arm. is this anxiety too? i do suffer from an anxiety disorder and now im worried something is really wrond=g with my neck.
|

replied October 18th, 2009
hi james
i have a pain in my right neck and it killing me and i can't turn right
what shall i do?
|

replied October 18th, 2009
please someone answer this
it's killing me
|

replied October 29th, 2009
*This is not caused by stress, but it can cause it!* Constant clicking in the top of spine/base of skull is a real and physical issue with the atlas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_(anatom y)

The only think I've found that works is NUCCA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NUCCA

You should try finding a NUCCA practitioner in your area--google is the best way. I practiced the martial art of Taekwondo for five years and while sparring I was often kicked in the head. When a kick would land on my head/neck/shoulder just the wrong way, my atlas would shift and I would experience constant clicking with jumping/running/walking/everything and a miriad of other health, emotional and physiological issues.

I was *not able* to turn my head to the left while my atlas was in the wrong place.

Please go see a NUCCA, you will feel so much better. you will feel 100% better after the first adjustment, but may need to go multiple times as the atlas will sometimes shift back to the "wrong" place.

I hope this information helps, and I hope that you find relief soon. Smile
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Found a temporary solution to my pain
I'm still dealing with my pain and clicking.

I tried everything and NOTHING (Even Chiro) worked for me until I found a very good acupuncture dr.

I'M FREE OF PAIN, ONLY IF I SEE HIM 1-2 TIMES A MONTH. Otherwise, it comes and goes.

My case was severe and he makes the pain go away by:

1- Using a T.E.N.S or E.M.S to relax my muscles (15 min)
2- He puts needles in my neck(10 min)
3- A very firm massage(10 min)
4- Neck traction(5 min)
5- Putting some medicine on my muscles

Then I'm good for a week.

Aerobics (at least 4 times a week between 20 to 40 min) plus mild stretching of ALL MY BACK, works wonders.

Coffee helps too.
|

replied February 1st, 2010
free esy way to fix it at home
look at the size of ur pillow that u sleep on , often the pilow is to small and the angel of the neck will corse a problem, ur spine must be strait while sleeping , if u have a problem from an incorect pilow size it can take a while to fix , but haveing sorted the size of the pillow out there would be less chance of reacuring injory after treatment

free and esy treatment

i found what worked to treat the clilking in my neck and the constant moveing of my neck,
was evry time i clik or riggel my neck was to with one finger - press on the part that hert the most for 15 seconds then reles finger , after a week my neck was completly relax and not bunching up , and not clicking
|

replied April 21st, 2010
I have clicking, sounds like pop rocks going off when I sit up from the couch. I was diagonsed with C5/6 - C6/7 disc herniation 4 years ago. "Full thickness tears to discs, even into the convertible joints" the MRI or Discography said. The clicking just started a couple months ago. Is it the tiny bones in my neck? My neck and shoulder hurt.
|

replied March 26th, 2011
I have suffered anxiety and depersonalization for a long time, and i have these clicking sounds aswell, just without pain, i just feel that it´s somehow connected to eachother, i somehow feel that there´s something scheuermann like thing going on with my build, and that could be the case, i would place the sound to be involved actually the whole area from ubber body to head/jaw allso including the neck ofcause! But could allso be my hypocondric tendecies!
|

replied April 11th, 2013
I also have anxiety and stress alot it recently got worse bc of the stress but when I don't think about it. It goes away what else could it be other then the stress causing it? I have no pain and im also double jointed.. and have a bad case of anxiety? !
|

replied December 10th, 2013
Neck Clicking
Hi,

Within the past three weeks I have developed a clicking noise after picking up a heavy bag with my right shoulder. There's no pain but both my hands get numb and my neck makes a clicking noise when I turn it. I had an MRI done, but my Dr says everything looks good. What do people suggest doing? My Dr is very cold and just said 'you'll have to deal with the clicking forever' Is that true?
|