Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

Is It Ok to Drink Little Caffine During Preg?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I kind of got into habit drinking some caffeine each day but is it ok to drink a little during pregnancy or is it not good for the baby thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes it is ok to drink one to two cups of coffee daily. No more than that because coffee itself is a diuretic (water retainer) and your ankles will swell and blow up on you.... :)

not really but you will swell more and be much more uncomfortable the more things you consume that make you retain water.

You need to make sure that daddy is massaging your ankles and feet regularly. This will help to reduce swelling and make sure that you do not run into circulation troubles as the prgnancy progresses.

Definatly enjoy life, food and drink but do so in moderation. (no alcohol but virgin daquiris and margaritia's with lots of whipped cream and sugar) have fun, you only get to be pregnant a couple times in a life time. Make the most of it!
|

replied February 16th, 2006
I really didnt know if I could ever get pregnant, so when I did , I stopped any unhealthy thing I was eating or doing, including caffine. I can tell you I had more entergy than I can ever remember since childhood, during my pregency. I would cut it out the diet completely if you can, and you can, I did and I lived off of caffine. You'll feel so much better!
|

replied March 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi I am addicted to pepsi so I drank a lot of it at first..But then I switched to caffeine free pepsi..Only because I like it as much as pepsi and I had my son on the 26th of february and I am still buying it..But like I said I drank regular pepsi at the beginning of my pregnancy a lot and my son was born 100% healthy. Just try something caffeine free if you can and if your a tea drinker you may want to give that up. The de-caffeinated is nasty..Good luck to you=) tiffany
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Too Much Caffine
Drinking too much caffine during pregnancy can limit the amount of vitamin c your body receives, so the less caffine the better.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
During an appointment a few months ago, I asked my doctor if I should switch from regular soda to caffiene-free. She told me i'd do much better cutting back to one regular soda a day and drinking water the rest of the day.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2007
Experienced User
I drank so much caffiene (not enough to hurt the baby) when I was pregnant and everything went fine.
|