Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Tubes Tied And Pregnant? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Could it be......

Here's my story. I had a tubal 4yrs ago my period was always normal after that meaning cycle was every 28 days for 3 days. Even when it changed before it was five days late but it still came the next month on the "new" cycle. Last month it was 6days lat and only one day. I began to soreness little nausea areola enlarged and more noticable veins. I also have cramping and some lower back pain. I didn't want to seem or make myself pyscho so I waited for a month to past to see if it came again but it didn't come as of yet 3 dys late. Took a home test and it is neg.

Anyone ever hear of getting pregnant with tied tubes?
Also are home test reliable?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper onthegomomof2
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It happens all the time, usually after 10-14 years but can happen any time.
|

replied November 17th, 2005
Experienced User
It does happen all the time. You should go to the Dr. It can be very dangerous..............Best wishes......

Love, tammy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! I totally agree with sadmommy, go see your dr!
Keep in touch let us know what you find out!
|

Experienced User
I have to agree good luck
|

I have an appt on mon. I have read about being pregnant in the tubes,scary. I also searched on the net and read where people actually had the baby
|

Wow, I didnt know you could actually have a baby in your tubes...Anything is possible though..................

I wish you the best!!!!

Love, tammy
|

replied November 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hey,

my mom told me a story when she was young. Now considering my mom would be like 63 years old, (if she hadnt passed away at 48). So something like 40 years ago. This lady she knew, they thought the woman had a tumor. When they went in to take out the tumor, they found a 9 lb baby boy in her tube. He was fine.

I just read about one on the internet that survived a tubal pregnancy also. Just a couple days ago, I read it. I dont know when the story happened though.
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
tmaddison93 wrote:
i have an appt on mon. I have read about being pregnant in the tubes,scary. I also searched on the net and read where people actually had the baby

what happened--let us know please
|

replied September 8th, 2006
Tubes Tied And Pregnant
I saw that everyone that responded said it can happen but do you personally know of anyone that has had it happen. I understand that is it rare, not that it happens all the time. Once the tubes are severed even if just tied off and not cauterized scar tissue would build up restricting the egg from passing through the tube. Can anyone direct me to a site that confirms or gives statistics on this?

Thanks.
Missy
|

replied July 24th, 2011
met a lady worked for walmart had her tubes tied he wraned me it could happen. now I am late and 10 years after tubes tied. neg pregancy test nausea subsided but very hungry. and felt something drop in my uterous wierd movements and mild contraction like tightening.no sore breasts just hungry.
|

replied July 24th, 2011
met a lady worked for walmart had her tubes tied he wraned me it could happen. now I am late and 10 years after tubes tied. neg pregancy test nausea subsided but very hungry. and felt something drop in my uterous wierd movements and mild contraction like tightening.no sore breasts just hungry.
|

replied November 1st, 2012
yes it can happen
I also will say that yes you can get pregnant after having your tubes tied. I had mine cut tied and burnt four years ago and last year on thanksgiving day after bleeding for 10 days i found out that i was pregnant and my tube had burst it is very terrifying so yes it can happen and should be looked into right away.
|

replied May 14th, 2013
it happen to me! Im pregnant trying to find out answers why? and well I also heard of cases but I got my tubes tied with my last bby. I found myself with harder cramps, bleeding too much, sometimes for wks. But 5mths later it stoped completely I never thought pregnant till I got emotional over some dumb conversation, thought to my self mmm I felt like that at one point in my life, pregnancy. so bought the test and it came out pregnant, second time positive, third time this time I waited 2 wks, positive! so yes it does happen now im worried it may be a tube pregnancy.
|

replied May 14th, 2013
it happen to me! Im pregnant trying to find out answers why? and well I also heard of cases but I got my tubes tied with my last bby. I found myself with harder cramps, bleeding too much, sometimes for wks. But 5mths later it stoped completely I never thought pregnant till I got emotional over some dumb conversation, thought to my self mmm I felt like that at one point in my life, pregnancy. so bought the test and it came out pregnant, second time positive, third time this time I waited 2 wks, positive! so yes it does happen now im worried it may be a tube pregnancy.
|

replied January 7th, 2007
Re: Tubes Tied And Pregnant?
tmaddison93 wrote:
could it be......

Here's my story. I had a tubal 4yrs ago my period was always normal after that meaning cycle was every 28 days for 3 days. Even when it changed before it was five days late but it still came the next month on the "new" cycle. Last month it was 6days lat and only one day. I began to soreness little nausea areola enlarged and more noticable veins. I also have cramping and some lower back pain. I didn't want to seem or make myself pyscho so I waited for a month to past to see if it came again but it didn't come as of yet 3 dys late. Took a home test and it is neg.

Anyone ever hear of getting pregnant with tied tubes?Yes i've just recently found out that I was pregnant in my tubes and its been since 14 years since the procedures and they were burn also now isn't that something

also are home test reliable?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
I had my tubes tied about 5yrs ago and now i am having abdomen pains and back pains and urinary tract infections all the time my vaginal area hurts wen i have sex it swells painful intercourse i sleep late could anyone tell me whats wrong or give me any advice,
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
You should go see your doctor. It sounds like it could be urinary/kidney related. Good luck.
|

replied April 3rd, 2010
dear missy0876,
If your asking if we''ve know anyone that has had a tubal baby no i dont but if you have had a tubal liagation your risk for ectopic pregnancy are very high just look up ectopic and you will be able to find soemthing.. but if your asking if we''ve known something that has gotten pregnant after they''ve had there tubal yes my mother had her tubal and a year later she found out that she was pregnant with my now 3 year old brother. the smallest piece of tissue had grown over the clamp and had the smallest opening and because of this she was able to get pregnant. But keep in mind that it is rare, only 1 out of every 250 women with their tubes tied get pregnant.
|

replied February 27th, 2012
my aunt got pregnant 2 times after she had her tubes tied and they are only a year apart the first pregnancy twin's the second pregnancy boy

im trying to find out about the getting pregnant with your tubes tied to ive missed a period/sick/tired/always hungry/moody/
|

replied March 5th, 2011
I had my tubes tyed 13 years ago. I am now 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant. The only bad thing is doctors can't figure out if it's in my tubes or not. It is sooooo scary and the waiting is tough. So yes it can happen.
|

replied April 29th, 2011
What was your signs. Could you give more details? Did you take a home test or blood test.
|

replied April 17th, 2011
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's my story. I have had my tubes tied for 9 years and my cycle has been off for 3 days. Now before and while my cycle was on i was having back pains,gaining weight,nausea and feeling tied. My nipples are soar and darkern. Do u think i could be pregnant?
|

replied September 25th, 2011
Im am having way to many signs of being pregnant. I am having morning sickness, headaches, leaking milk from both breast, belly is enlarged, eating habits have changed and my wieght has changed. But I had my tubes tied over 8 years ago. I also have had a period every month as always. The home test was negative. And now not sure what to do. I have even been getting asked if I am pregnant. How can this be?
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Yes you can get pregnant after your tubes are tied.
I've seen this question and I did become pregnant after my tubal, 15 years later.
i had my tubes tied 15 years ago. My period is regular, every 28 days, no pain and lasts about 3 days. My fist time ever being late, i knew something wasn't right. I took a pregnancy test after 2 weeks late and it was positive. During this time, i was tired, thirsty, sore boobs, pee a lot. I couldn't believe it because we didn't want anymore kids, i have a 15 and 16 year old. so off to the store we went. I took 4 more home tests, all different and all positive. didn't matter what time of day it was when i took the test and it was positive right away. Went to the clinic and they confirmed pregnant, went for blood work and they confirmed pregnant. We were in shock for about a week...then i started bleeding, not heavy, just light. I don't know if i misscarried or not, from what i'm reading, many still have a full period. So the answer is yes, it can happen, how, i'd sure like to know Smile

went for an ultrasound but here in Canada, they don't tell you anything...gotta get it from the Dr. The tender breast..not as tender and i'm still tired and thirsty. I feel that i have misscarried, but i took a home pregnancy test again this morning, 1 week after i think i misscarried and it's still positive...so until i get the ultrasound results, i'm pretty much stuck on the fence. I also have a small annoying mild pain on the left...
|

replied October 7th, 2011
Anyone still pregnant **Update* pleas
Ok any updates on if anyone was /is still pregnant
|

replied October 13th, 2011
i had an ultrasound and it was confirmed that i misscarried. the pain on the left is due to an enlarged ovary which is normal due to the pregnancy. my left tube failed, it reattached. My husband now has an apt. with the dr. once i started with the bleed, all pregnancy symptoms went away instantly. still have to have a blood test once a week till my hcg count is back to 0.
|

replied October 12th, 2011
Tubes tied and pregnant?
Im 40 yrs old and have 2 children. I had my tubes tied 14 yrs ago and now, I think I am pregnant. I have all the usual signs and the home tests say neg. Ughh, Since I dont have any health insurance this is very scary.
|

replied October 25th, 2011
I know what you mean....I am 39 and had a tubal may 2006 after my 3rd child.Since may of this year I have had cravings and nausea. Didnt make much of it but friends did. Well a few anyway. They would tell me that maybe I was pregnant but of course i would be like ..."naw lol....My tubes are tied." and they would say..It happens.Well as months went by even with my menstrual cycle but lighter and shorter....I started working at a new job and 2 days later I was laying down and felt major fluttering in my lower abdomen.Then I put the puzzle together. I was really ...In a clean way....into sex way way more and it was the baby fluttering and bumping into my stuff if you know what i mean. Carrying real low I guess. So with the movements getting bigger and belly swelling and all my major cravings and nausea. I know for a fact that i am pregnant. Only trouble is cant get a positive urine test i guess because of my bleeding and I called 2 pregnancy centers about it cried uncontrollably about it.They said the only thing i could do was get a blood test.NO money for that and no insurance . I am a lowincome single mom and penny pinching as it is. I never wanted to get pregnant again and I was almost devastated when i first realized that I indeed was pregnant again ( I know I am.....not crazy) but i also love this child and want the best for it but right now its in my hands until i can afford blood test and medical treatment.I bought my own prenatal pills and just waiting for the baby bump to get a little bigger then walk in a clinic take a urine test and if it comes up neg then just show them my belly!! Im scared being that i am obviously in a dangerous situation but i have no idea what to do other then that :O) and good luck to you
|