Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Taking Meds Still Feel Depressed

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hi ive just recently been diagnosed with bipolar disease i'm taking my medications as directed and some days im still feeling depressed should I be concerned? Maby my medications should be changed....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Not a expert with this.. But as far as I am aware any meds which treat depression or anything like it you need to take for a few weeks for you to feel the full affect.

Hope you feel better soon
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Antidepressants
For most anti-depressants it take on avg. 4-6 weeks.
Just give it some time, how long has you been on your anti-depressant(s).
What did the doctor give you?
|

replied December 5th, 2005
I strongly dont believe in medicines but my mom was on medications and all it did was make her feel more depressed and very suicidle, now she is off them and doing much better, just be sure of what you are doing! Dont take my words for granted!
|

replied January 31st, 2009
i know how you feel!
i have been on anti depressants for just over a week now.and they dont work straight away,so just hang in there.you will be alright just give it time,see i am still suicidal.have tried before.but no success and am thinking of it while i am writing this,just hang in there and wait it out i know that is what i am doing..you will be fine

all the best
|
Quick Reply