Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Need Some Financial Advice

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello everyone, this is my frist post and i'll try to get to the point.

My wife just found out that she's pregnant. I'm excited, as is she. We weren't "planning" it, but did want it in the future. My issue is she is a housewife and my work doesn't offer insurance for spouse. So, she is completely uncovered right now (i know, not the brightest idea). However, we just called medicaid and they said you could make no more than 1685.00 and I make just a hair above 1700.00 monthly. So, it looks like medicaid is not an option.

My question is this, are there any other options of assistance. We honestly can't afford the pregnancy right now, much less when she has to go into the hospital.

I know it's mostly my own fault for not taking care of this before, but now I have no other choice and honestly i'm starting to panic a little. Any hel would be great. Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Have u tried wic or hawk-i or title-19, u can go to ur local dept. Of human services and they should be able to help u find someone.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Urgh.....Health care in america....Boo. Could you try an independent health insurance provider instead of the one you get with your job? Try looking around at those. Sorry i'm not of much help.
|

Experienced User
brianbaby wrote:
urgh.....Health care in america....Boo. Could you try an independent health insurance provider instead of the one you get with your job? Try looking around at those. Sorry i'm not of much help.

the only problem with that is most will consider it a pre existing condition and won't cover her.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
True true.....Well, in your case I would try my damn hardest to get on medicaid....Whatever it takes.
|

Experienced User
Yea maybeyou should just take her in to do all tha paperwork for the medicaid and when you get assigned a caseworker hopefully they'll be able to wrk something out. Its worth the shot. I mean sorry to say but not all the people that work in the medicaid office know the answers to the questions they are asked...Which could lead to just answering a round about answer instead of saying nothing at all or whatever.

Anyway like I said its worth the shot...

Good luck and trust me your not alone in the troubled financial dept. Especially with this suprise arrival....

Take care...
Sheena
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there and congratulations, if all else fails, go for a loan or ask the dr, hospital, etc, to set up payment plans.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Move to canada we don't pay for medical care!
|

User Profile
Supporter
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
move to canada we don't pay for medical care!

lmao..
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Or if you had the kid in canada it sure as heck be cheaper
|