Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy And Pains In Sides And Bottom of Belly

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Okay, I need to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'm almost 3 months pregnant and lately i've been having these weird pulling pains in the sides of my belly near the tops of my legs. It's not "whoa, i'm gonna scream!" pain but it's definitely uncomfortable like someone grabbed the muscles and tried to stretch it really hard and fast. Then right after that i'll get a pain in the bottom of my tummy that I can't really describe. It's not so bad that I feel i'm going to fall over or something, but it's pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like ligament pains. My daughter had them a lot. As far as I know I never did. The ligaments that hold your uterus in it's current upright position have to stretch to allow the uterus to get larger. I guess some pple feel it and some dont.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Do you know what your having?? When is your due date. I am due 4-1-06
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My due date is june 4, 2006. It's too early to know what i'm having. But my husband and I are hoping for a boy. At least, he is and I was. My sister has a baby boy who's 1 year old. He's a complete terror. He's found out how to strip now. So he takes his clothes and diaper off at every possible opportunity. It makes for a lot of accidents. Hearing all that, i'd rather have a girl.
|

Extremely eHealthy
tigresacanela24 wrote:
my due date is june 4, 2006. It's too early to know what i'm having. But my husband and I are hoping for a boy. At least, he is and I was. My sister has a baby boy who's 1 year old. He's a complete terror. He's found out how to strip now. So he takes his clothes and diaper off at every possible opportunity. It makes for a lot of accidents. Hearing all that, i'd rather have a girl.

ha ha my grandson is 2 --he is the same way--but taught my 1 year old granddaughter to do the same thing. My daughter has to watch her nephew so it is on every minute of every day for her. The boy bites and teaches her, he hits and everything boys do. But now my precious angel is gonna be the biggest tom boy ever. She is just like him already. Hey, they are both my precious angels, but I do know what you are saying. First grandson--im kinda of partial, first granddaughter--im kinda partial. They are wonderful baby's, but def. Not perfect!!

Good luck hon.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I had those same feelings when I was about as far along as you. They really caught me off guard sometimes. To me it felt like a pulled muscle but then it would go away. Especially if I stretched, like in the morning. Or if I laughed.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
That's exactly it. It happens if I yawn or twist. It happens especially when i've been sitting for a while and then stand up (or the opposite) and for crying out loud it's like synonymous with sneezing. I feel better knowing someone else knows what i'm talking about. Thanks! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then the rest of my worries will more than likely be gone.
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Take care sweetie. You will probably discover many strange new feelings now that you are pregnant. I highly reccomend the book, "what to expect when you're expecting" there are many other good books out there too. So happy for you!
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
I'll definitely keep you guys posted on the situation. Thanks lilypad!
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Okay, I went to the doctor and everything is fine. It was just like you guys thought, round ligament pains. I'm definitely relieved.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Good. See? We are wise women here at ehealth forum. :)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Lol :d
|

replied November 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Lol
|