Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

...scared...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
:shock:
my gf is having my baby..
And im am scared as. I love her so much, and I dont wanna come arcoss as unmanly, but this is scarey ^&*% for me 2. She's doing well but shes had a hard pregnancy. We'r both 17, im a little older tho. Im more worried about the labour and birth, im not immature but that is alot to deal with as a bf and dad, im worried about her, her body, our baby. Im definetly going to be holding her and by her side all the way, but what should I do????, im worried ill freak out....

Plz reply
thankx trav...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Re: ...scared...
young_n_stupid wrote:

And im am scared as. I love her so much, and I dont wanna come arcoss as unmanly, but this is scarey ^&*% for me 2. She's doing well but shes had a hard pregnancy. We'r both 17, im a little older tho. Im more worried about the labour and birth, im not immature but that is alot to deal with as a bf and dad, im worried about her, her body, our baby. Im definetly going to be holding her and by her side all the way, but what should I do????, im worried ill freak out....

Plz reply
thankx trav...

as a mom of 2, the best advice I can give you is educate yourself!! The more you both know about what to expect, the easier the birth will be. Knowledge is power! Whether on the internet, or at the library, find as much material as you can about the actual birth and caring for a newborn. Will you two be living together and do you have other help? Will anyone else be there during the birth? It's hard to know, however, how exactly she's going to endure this until it actually happens. Just be supportive and strong. If you act scared, she'll just be more scared. Good luck to you both!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Re: ...scared...
young_n_stupid wrote:

Plz reply
thankx trav...

it's ok to be scared... My hubby was 17 when we had our first son... He was extremely nervous and overwhelmed by the whole labor and delivery thing.
He was very emotional... He even cried privately while I was in pain. For the 29.5 hours I was laboring, he was with me....Every second. Just be there for her and understand that she is going to be going through something very intense.

Good luck :)
|

Scared
Well let me say this by me being a female things for me was a big shock see my story is something similar to yours, okay I was 15 going on 16 and the dude I got pregnant by was 14 going on 15 and you know we wouldn't ever think we would have a baby together you know we meet in high school he was a freshman I was a sophomore and you know we were just messin around but any way he got me pregnant and at his age of course he is going to be scared so he didn't want to tell his mom of course but I had to and at the time she was like well we will have to deal with it but as time passed by he started to disapear so we were apart for a year and a half until I decided to call him and ask him did he want to see his child and he was like yes but me or him didn't know anything about having a baby or taken care of one but me myself I had to learn I did not attend any classes or any thing of that nature my mom was in jail and my sister did not know any thing she was pregnant herself. But I learned and my son he is now 3 and me and his farther are expecting our 2nd in january a little girl so you see it is good to get some advise but your girl friend will be fine try to be there for her because the bad times can eventually turn to be your good times and as you get older you can look back and say it think we have did a good job at because we did
|

replied November 17th, 2005
Experienced User
It's good that you're worried about your gf. It takes a real man to admit that he is scared. Just make sure you educate yourself. Remember to stay calm and soothe her when she is in labor. In today's medical field, the chances of anything going wrong is pretty slim. I wish you the best of luck.
|