Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Can You Get Pregnant 1 Week After Period? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi lady's quick question, I had sex this weekend & my period ended some time last week....I think, well the condom broke can you get pregnant 1-2 weeks after your period?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ashley_18
|

replied November 15th, 2005
1-2 weeks after your period is the easiest time to get pregnant.
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes!!!!! You can even get pregnant on the last day of your period..I would advise that you buy a home pregnancy test and wait 2 more weeks and take it as soon as you wake up that morning...This will give you the best reading and your hcg hormone level should be high enough if you are pregnant by then to give you an acurate result...Good luck!
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Re: Can You Get Pregnant 1 Week After Period?
shorty5 wrote:
hi lady's quick question, I had sex this weekend & my period ended some time last week....I think, well the condom broke can you get pregnant 1-2 weeks after your period?

wow. That's all I can say is...Wow.
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
Yes, you can get pregnant at any time, even while menstrating.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
Prego
What if you used no protection and he did cum inside you??
|

replied September 25th, 2009
Hello..I need help???
|

replied October 4th, 2010
I had unprotected sex with my bf and he didnt pull out in time!!! could i be pregnant???.. And i took a pregnancy test and there was a light positive line am i pregnant???
|

replied October 5th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Bubbles, You have now stumbled into the reason why pull-out is not a reliable technique for birth control.

Unfortunately you do not give enough information like when it happened and when you expected your period. If this happened more than 10 days ago, you may be pregnant. You have to take the test again in a few day's time to confirm the results. Remember to read the instructions and follow it.

Best of luck!
|

replied October 5th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Please be careful
Ladies,

If you want to act like adults and have sex, act like adults and protect yourself.

There are three main ways to protect yourself:
1) Don't have sex
2) Use condoms
3) Take a birth control pill (does not protect you from STDs and infections)

And

4) if you really want to be safe, use a condom and take the pill. (RECOMMENDED AY)

You can only get pregnant from sex for a few days around your ovulation. The problem is however to know when you ovulate. Only if you have cycles less than 21 days does having period sex become risky. However, be warned: For a few cycles in your life, you will ovulate twice in one cycle. When that happens, all bets are off as to when you can get pregnant. So if you absolutely cannot get pregnant, protect yourself (see 1, 2, 3 and 4 above). And if you look at it realistically, only option 4 should be used if you are a teenager.

If you use only condoms, make sure you have a dose of emergency contraceptives available or you are able to get it on short notice. Accidents happens and if the condom breaks 11pm on Saturday night, you do not want to wait for Monday morning before taking it.

Do not rely on your partner to pull out in time. The whole purpose of having sex with you is to orgasm while he is inside of you. If not, he could just have masturbated by himself. It is the way that mother nature makes sure that humans survive and he was born with it is drilled into his subconscious and instincts. He cannot help it. Added to that he gets the most pleasure from doing it that way. So why would you put yourself at risk for something you cannot control. NO pull-out is not a birth control method. It is a technique for reducing the risk of pregnancy IF done correctly. He does not end up being pregnant, you do. So protect yourself.

And PLEASE protect yourself from STDs by using condoms EVERY time, until your partner is tested. No penis should come close to your vagina without a condom or a medical STD screening result, not even for 1 second. In short-term relationships, non-exclusives, experienced partners and ONS, condoms should always be used. Catching an STD will affect you for the rest of your life, putting your partner and future babies at risk. And all for what?

Make sure that if you party and drink or use drugs, your friends will look after you and protect you from predators. Make sure the men in your circle of friends knows that you do not want sex with them when you cannot fend for yourself. If not, you might wake up one day with an STD and pregnant and not even know how you got there. Make sure you can always stay in control of the situation.

Educate yourself about sex and fertility. Speak to your parents, teachers, adult women, read or whatever, but make sure you understand how your fertility cycle works.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful!!
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Informational!
Usually I'm the one that leaves long informational posts on sites like this but you beat me to it. Smile

Very informational, and girls out there please read this post because the more you know about sex and pregnancy the better you are to prevent it. UnknownABC knows what he/she is talking about please listen to him/her or you will end up with unwanted pregnancies.

I used both condoms and birth control as a teenager and did not end up with any unwanted babies, so trust me that's the way to go.

"If you're gonna tap it, cap it!"
|

replied January 16th, 2012
hi tmiracle.. Smile

me and my boy friend had sex 2 days ago. and I took 4 tablets of nordette ECP a while ago and another 4 later after 12 hrs. the time gap between our sex and the medicine intake was approximately 45-47 hrs. Do I still need to worry??? and if I already finished the first 4 plus the next 12, do I still need to continue the 4 tablets every 12 hrs medicine intake?? THANK YOU. hoping for a reply.
|

hi tmiracle.. Smile

me and my boy friend had sex 2 days ago. and I took 4 tablets of nordette ECP a while ago and another 4 later after 12 hrs. the time gap between our sex and the medicine intake was approximately 45-47 hrs. Do I still need to worry??? and if I already finished the first 4 plus the next 12, do I still need to continue the 4 tablets every 12 hrs medicine intake?? THANK YOU. hoping for a reply.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
how many ppl do u think really read this post and/or cared.. its sad but ppl r gonna do wat they want.. everyone doesnt have family and friends they can reach out to, for some ppl u may have been the closest thing they had to a real friend and ur here badgering ppl about wat couldve been a mistake, or worse rape. im a firm believer that u shouldnt have sex til ur married but if someone was n a crisis the last thing they wanna here is i told u so, or even worse reading ur comment.. smh
|

replied February 27th, 2011
can i get pregnant?
ok, so i have basically tha same question, my last period was feb 16 and i had sex the 26th and 27th and of course he busted inside, can i still get pregnant if i had sex those days????
|

replied February 27th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
kayla, Yes, if your cycles are anywhere around 28 days long you can get pregnant. Take emergency contraceptives immediately to reduce your risk if you are not trying to make a baby.
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Help m please
my last period was jan 14 but for the last three months my periods have only been 3 days long does this make a difference in calculating conception date? My period was the 14 and the conception calculators online say i concieved on the 28th how accurate is that? considering i didnt have sex on the 28th.
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
foreverthe1,

The length of your flow phase does not matter.

The calculator you are using is for a perfect 28 day cycle. Does this describe your cycle?

The conception date is your ovulation date. Sex from about 24 Jan to about 29 Jan could have made you pregnant. Did you have sex during that time?

Take care
|

hello Unknown ABC, just a question.

|

replied October 21st, 2012
help
my period got over on 16th and i had sex on 20th..and i have 28 days cycle...used condom as well ..but after sm time my boyfrnd removed it...but ejaculated way to far from me ...do i need to woorry ..plz reply
|

replied March 8th, 2011
Ok, so me and my boyfriend were having sex and he came and the condom broke, my period ended exactly 1 week before this. Do I have a high risk of concieving? Or am I being too paranoid?
|

replied March 8th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Pinkteddybear, Yes, there is a reasonable expectation that you can be pregnant. If it happened recently, get emergency contraceptives (like Plan B) immediately.

Best of luck!
|

replied March 8th, 2011
hey u have a high chance of pregnancy go to the doctor immediately and for resources check google for early pregnancy signs. be sure of it b4 u have a seat again.
|

replied March 8th, 2011
Ok I don't know where to get those and even if I did I have no ways to get there I am only 14 :/
|

replied June 15th, 2011
Can I be pregnant?
hi i was on the last day of my period on 2nd june 2011, and he was only partially inside me but never cum inside me.....then on the 8th of June we had unprotected sex and it was very wet like loads of pre cum and he pulled out before he cum....is there a chance of me being pregnant?
|

replied June 16th, 2011
Community Volunteer
' it was very wet like loads of pre cum and he pulled out before he cum' this does not sound like pre-cum but an ejaculation.

Also, although pre-cum does not contain any sperms, it will move left over sperm inside his penis out with it.

Every time you allow him to have intercourse with you without taking precautions (pill and/or condom), you have a risk of an infection and pregnancy. Some days the risk is very low, some days it is low and other days it is high. This was likely day 10, 11 or 12 of your cycle when there is a risk of becoming pregnant.

Please stop this nonsense now and protect yourself. If not, you will get unlucky sooner or later, if not now, then next time. If you want to do adult things, you have to behave like an adult.
|
Quick Reply