Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

How Do You Know If You Need a New Brand?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on ortho tricyclen lo for about 6 months and i've never had any side effects from it. I was just wondering, when people switch pills is it usually because they have bad side effects? I know some people say that their pill wasn't strong enough, well how do you know if it is or not? Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2005
The first time I started taking birth conrtol I went to the health department because I didnt want my mom to know about it. The birth conrtol I was on gave me really weird side effects, I started to get these cysts under my arm pit, it got really big and eventually I had to get it cut out. I went to the doctor to get put on a new one, he told me it did that because it had too much hormones in the pill for my body. Removing the cyst was the most painful thing ever! I promise you it is nothing you ever want to go through, just make sure you are on the right birth control and go to the doctor to get it, because the health deparment does not really care. I hope this helped.
|

replied November 14th, 2005
Experienced User
If theres nothing wrong you shouldnt switch its hard for some people to find the right one!
|

Thanks guys
|

Experienced User
I switched pills because yasmin gave me migraines and decreased my sex drive. It took my a while to realize "oh maybe I should switch bc pills." just keep a look out. If it just feels like you're not the same person anymore, you may look into switching brands.
|