Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Itchy Painful Vagina

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the past day or 2, I have felt pain down below and a bit of itching and burning, I havn't noticed a change in discharge and it doesn't particularly hurt any more when I go to the toilet, could it be an infection, the thing is, I am terrifed of the doctors, smears especially, so that really would be the last resort!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2005
You have been touched by the yeast infection ferry. You need to go to the gyno, besides, if you do not go, you could have something serious wrong with you and never know. Just go, they will give you some meds. But if you really do not want to go, you can just go to a pharmacy and get medicine for it, just follow the directions. Most of the treaments are for 1-7 days. They usually are $10-$20 depending on the treatment. Good luck and I hope this helped!
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi there, thanks for replying, it has got a lot better since then, almost gone on its own, so I am assuming it was something irritating in the bath I had that morning! Fingers crossed it doesn't come back!!
|

replied May 31st, 2010
i have an itchy burning in my vagina too and i dont know how to get rid of it
|

replied September 9th, 2010
my vaginal area has really been itching and everytime i go to itch it, it really burns. but when i do, i find this clumpy discharge.. whats wrong?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2011
How do I get rid of this itching and burning in my vagina?
Hi! whenever i go pee my vagina starts to itch and burn really really badly. and im only 14! whenever i scratch it, it burns even worse! wat do i do?
|

replied February 15th, 2011
Itchy Vagina with discharge
That sounds like a YEAST infection, I have the same symptoms at this moment and It is a yeast infection. You can go buy over the counter treatment for yeast infections by the sanitary napkins and tampon section in your local store or walmart. If the discharge continues or gets worse after a weeks treatment of the medicine call a doctor because it could be a major sign for chlamidia which is a sexually transmitted disease which can be cured if caught early enough.
|

replied February 16th, 2011
ive actually had this before once, and i found that if u wash with vinegar, like a douche, it really helps for infections.
|

replied March 12th, 2011
well i found the problems to be for me was an imbalance of yeast that was causing the yeast infection flareups with itching and odor but ive bn yefense probiotic for 3 years and theyv bn a blessing for my veejayjay. no smell and no wetness for over 2 years. i hope this helps
|
Quick Reply