Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

What Should I Do?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello this really has nothing to do with this forum but I can not get an answer anywhere else and you guys are the main people who reply so I have cf. . .

Cystic fibrosis is a relatively rare, inherited disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. The disease is chronic, progressive and ultimately fatal. It is estimated that there are about 30,000 people in the united states who are affected with cf and between 2,500 and 3,000 babies who are born with it each year. Cf can occur in all races, but it is most common in caucasians who have northern european heredity. Cf is hereditary. Children contract it as the result of both parents passing on an abnormal gene. The parents/carriers are not affected themselves by the abnormal gene
a defective gene causes the body to produce abnormally thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections. These thick secretions also obstruct the pancreas, preventing digestive enzymes from reaching the intestines to help break down and absorb food.
The mucus also can block the bile duct in the liver, eventually causing permanent liver damage in approximately six percent of people with cf. People with cf have a variety of symptoms including: very salty-tasting skin; persistent coughing, at times with phlegm; wheezing or shortness of breath; adults, however, may experience additional health challenges including cf-related diabetes and osteoporosis. Cf also can cause reproductive problems—more than 95 percent of men with cf are sterile. But, with new technologies, some are becoming fathers. The stick mucus also clogs the reproductive tracts making it harder sometimes impossible to conceive although many women with cf are able to conceive do to were they are mainly effected and how healthy they are, limited lung function and other health factors may make it difficult to carry a child to term.

But I found out last night that my hubby has started smoking what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|