Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Possible Inducing Or Csection:|:(:(:(

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey

hey its christina well as some of u all know I am pregnant almost done:d:d lol I am now 36 weeks and 2 days along.. Well anyways my last appointment with my doctor scared me .... She told me that she thinks the baby is gonna be to big for me to deliever normally at full term.. She said she wants to send me for an ultrasound to get a better idea of his size and she says we need to talk about possibley being induced when I am 38 weeks or the possibilty of a csection when I am full term:( my next appointment is on friday.. I am sooo scared I dont wanna be induced and I dont to have a csection... But it feels like I dont have a choice if he is way bigger then average... I need help!!! I feel like my hope of a normal labour and delievery r fading:(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 10th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Its ok, your gonna be fine. Inducing it is fine too. Your almost due so you really have to listen to your doctor. My sister had to deliver at 7 months and she wanted to have natural labor too. But she got over it as long as the baby was ok, and so was she. I think all that should matter is that you both come out healthy and its all for the best. Having a big baby through the vagina can be a problem, so just stick to the c-section. Good luck, I hope it works out!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

I know it feels scary, but the doctor knows best. I wonder why the doctor thinks you are too small? Your age might have something to do with that??? I had a real bad labor. My son was too big and that sucked real bad. Believe me you do not want that!! Are you under the age of 15, or very thin? That could be why? I hope it all turns out okay. Let me know.
Sam
|

Experienced User
Hey

hey I am really scared... I am 16 years old.. I am not thin but I have a narrow waist. I am not a small person but my waist is.... And all that down there aswell.. My mom says she is probabley concerned with the baby getting stuck well traveling down or the shoulders getting caught.. I reallly dont want to have a csection.. And inducing well isnt that scary but I realy wanted to have a normal labour.. Without being forced into it basicly.. Plus the next few weeks until I am due I think will make a huge difference with my mental state.. In realizing what is gonna be happening.. Right now I dont feel very calm about being a parent.. I have my ultrasound on friday then my doctors appointment later friday... So I will find out if there is a chance I can deliever normally and when he decides to come.. Who has gone through either? I am not sure what they do induce.. I know there is a drug the use through iv and then something about a pill going under ur cervix or something?? Pls let me know
|

replied December 11th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Hey! Have you ever heard my story about my labor? I will give you the overall view. I went into labor early in the morning and I went to the hospital about 2 hours later. When I got there I was 7 cm. The doctors tried everything, but I was unable to have sean normally because my hips were to tiny to fit the baby. I ended up having a csection.It is not as bad as it seems, and you shouldnt really focus on that. You should fous on what is going to happen when the baby arrives!! I am praying for you, and if you need any advice just give me a call or send me a message loads of love, stacie
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Experienced User
Hey...
Hey

hey thanks for both of your guy's stories:d I really appreciate it... Although it still makes me a bit nervous? One thing I would still like to know is exactly what they do when they induce you?? I have my last prenatal class tonight so if I dont hear back from any of you I will ask my teacher I appreciate this and I will keep you guys posted on how I am feeling and if anything has happened... Thanks to all of you who responded

christina
|

Experienced User
Well I didnt get induced or hada c-section but I can tell you be patient and stay calmed the more you maybe scream and yell the more it hurts i've heard of being induced they stick a long needle like thing in your vagina to burst your bubble poke your bag of water I have heard all the time it doesnt hurt at all just concentrate close your eyes and think about your baby and how its gonna make you feel when you touch her or him what is it? Well good luck and best wishes to you and your new to be born baby
love illusionsmamma; claudia
|

Experienced User
Hey

hey

I feel like the biggest baby....I hear some peoples birth stories and its like I havent even gone through it and I am complaining... I m trying not to get to worried or scared.. Cuz I cant wait till I have my baby.. As far as I know and my doctors know its a boy.. But they could be wrong I hope not though.. I know it also shouldnt matter what it is as long as its healthy but ever since I found out I was pregnant I wanted a boy and I wanted a nomarl delievery and labour but I guess you dont always get what you want.. Which really sucks... And I know that sounds immature but thats the way it feels. The last month has been really hard aswell especially since my babies dad isnt in the picture at all and iam startin to wish he was and startin to wonder what am I gonna put on the birth certifcate and all that stuff.. I never really stressed out over anything this pregnancy but I guess as it gets closer it happens:(

anyways get back
christina
thanks for the advoce
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile