Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Forehead Numbness (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
For the past several months ive been experiencing a strange numbness in my forehead area from my eye brows to the middle of my forehead. It doesnt hurt and it istnt %100 numb, but its uncomfortable. What could this be caused by and will it ever go away?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile micheleann
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi

at the beginning of my anxiety I had terrible numbness all over my head and especially down my face. I was told that the tension I had in my shoulders was causing the numbness as my neck was so stiff and pressing on different nerves and things. I was told to give it a rub and generally it did ease off after a bit.

Hope this helps

debs
|

replied November 10th, 2005
I have the same thing! And I am also often anxious, and it is likely caused by anxiety and stress - it is amazing the effect psychological extremes can have on your body.
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Experienced User
I have that numbness regularly. A long time ago, I thought it was something serious, but because i've had it so long, I attribute it to anxiety. If I consciously think about it, I can actually cause it to happen. That's how strong the mind is. The numbness covers my entire forehead. I do have neck pain also, so maybe you are right about muscle tension.
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
oh my, i'm only 14 and i have that.
it's been bothering me for a few weeks now,
and i've had lots of head aches too.
i was afraid i had a brain tumor because when i searched forehead numbness i saw a link say "brain tumor" and i've been scared out of my mind ever since.
this really helped, and i am pretty sure i have anxiety or stress.
|

replied July 26th, 2009
I'm 18 ..female, and its only numb between my eyes, right in the center of my forehead ...my eyes feel weird also ..I was thinking its sinuses, but im not sure, sometimes my nose tingles ... I hate this feeling and wish it would go away ... Also, I get extremely hot, my ears, face ...and neck ...what could this be ..help ?
|

replied September 1st, 2009
just recently, my divorce was finalized, and i had an episode of numbness in between my eyebrows again!!! that is why i deceded to look up the causes of this, however have had about two other episodes prior to this. i also have chronic neck pain, and stiff necks!!! maybe it is a connection between stress and anxiety, and neck problems!!! maybe we all need a better mattress!!! hmmmm??? maybe we all need to kick stress to the curb!!! i hope this helps you guys!!!
|

replied November 17th, 2009
wierd i just looked up the same thing and i came across this page. its only been happening for a couple days but its irritating. its only from my eyebrows to the middle of my forehead and i feel like i look funny but i dont look any different in the mirror. i also have anxiety, i have medicine for my anxiety but i feel like since i have gotten my medicine i havent had any attacks so i was getting better, but according to all the post on here im probally not
|

replied November 26th, 2009
Vitamin B12 defficiency may cause numbness in forehead
I discovered that it is not anxiety but it causes anxiety more. I had numbness in my forehead for the last 4 months. I had dizziness and lack of balance and burning sensation in my head. A lot of tests I have done and everything became normal. Then I thoroughly studied the internet and found some very logical explaination. I was suffering from Vitamin B12 defficiency which was causing all these strange feelings! Those were making me even more depressed and causing anxiety even more.

I use to do a lot of brain work due to the nature of my career. I started taking B12 suppliments 1000 mcg per day and it worked like magic!! every symptom vanished!

If you are suffering from numbness in your forehead, giddyness & dizziness, lack of balance, tingling in arms and fingers, neuropathic pain try B12 suppliments 500 mcg to 1000 mcg per day and see if it helps or not!!
|

replied December 9th, 2009
Hi, i have been suffering with ms like symptoms for year,
dr's cant seem to find anything wrong,they say it's anxiety and stress..

What i find strange is though when i get more relaxed moment my numbness feels at its worse.. anxiety attack makes the numbness go..

Anyone else find this? been bugging me for so long,
I also find my numbness gets worse if i move about abit
Hot showers seems to make it go for awhile
|

replied January 5th, 2010
BallinGuitarist
Hey.Im 17 and the same kind of numbness just started happening to me last night at around midnight and woke up alright but about 4 hours later came back and as of then hasnt gone away. It isnt painful it juss worries me i feel like i look different but there is no visual evidence that anything is wrong with my forehead. I am able to do facial expressions just fine and i dont believe i have any stress or anxiety. haha im just anxious to figure out what it is but im going to try the vitamin B12 supplements and see if that works out
|

replied June 27th, 2012
i have anxiety really bad too it feels like im not even here sometimes my arms tingle alot as well as my sides of my head i have migranes too noone in my family goes thru this but the only way i see other people go through it is if i get on the internet and see posts like this it really sucks feelings so alone cause i dont know anyone else who has the things i do anxiety is hard thing to deal with especially alone and i feel so young for it too im only 17
|

replied February 13th, 2010
numb forhead
im suffering from the same thing but my nose has been broken twice and i was thinking that must be the cause....... but reading these is making me feel better that someone else is sufferinging from the same numb forhead as bad as that sound sorry guys..... i was really affraid that i was dying or somthing i do have stress and anxiaty im not sure if im getting the b12 vitamins i need but i will be trying them does anyone get it right after you blow ur nose in the morning tho?
|

replied February 15th, 2010
Ive had a numbness in my head since saturday although it goes away sometimes and lol i have lots of stress and anxiety issues too. I also feel that i am having minor visual problems too. Are they stress related too?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2010
Forehead numbness and "shadow"
it is interesting that some of you say it seemed like your forehead had physically changed. When experiencing an extremely stressful situation about 3 years ago, I experienced both the numbness (which makes you feel that you want to touch it and rub it to feel normal) and also what was like a shadow above my eyes. It was like my forehead was jutting out further than normal and causing this shadow. I knew quite well that there was no real physical change but still sensed the shadow. I have had the same symptom maybe 2-3 times since then and now consider it an indication that I must be more stressed than usual. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Michele
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2010
My stoyr about numbness and headaches
Hello..It seems like we all have the same issue here, that is the cause of these kind of pains: stress and anxiety. Last year I had 2 really hard anxiety episodes that involved the sensation of fainting but it didn''t happened, it was just the feeling. Awful!. I went to a doctor and I began to take medication for anxiety and it did worked really well..After a couple of months I decided to stop taking these pills. I have had in 2 occasions these numbness and headaches that you guys have had. I was really worried because I too, thought it could be a brain tumor or something bad, but now I know I am not the only one has suffered this. I read that this numbness and pains happens after a stress situation, once the forehead or head muscles have relaxed...he.he..It sounds a little logic..I also read that these happens along 2 to 4 days and one must to see a medic if the headaches continues over 2 weeks. Reading about this really helped me understand about what happens to my body when this occurs and helped to be a little less stress about it...Well...I will try Vitamin B12..Hope this helped you.
I would like to share the few things I know and I''ve been passing through.
Diego
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2010
Here it is some great information about Vitamin B12

http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/fa ctsheets/vitaminb12.asp
|

replied June 9th, 2010
stress between the brows
I'm glad to see these posts. I have been very stressed recently & was afraid I was going to have a stroke or heart attache, because of these symptoms. I considered stress, but I never experienced this before.
|

replied June 12th, 2010
Forehead Numbness
I suffer with overwhelming anxiety and stress and have had the same numbing in my forehead and it is driving me crazy. I am going to add more B12 and hopefully it will take this away.
|

replied July 4th, 2010
Forehead numbness, coldness etc..
I have been getting similar symptoms to most here. Although for some reason its worse at the end of the day. In the morning there is nothing at all, but as the day goes on, and particularly when I sit at a computer or just come indoors the numbness/forehead irritation is there more often. Sometimes it extends to my limbs, but not very often.

I have had this for 2 weeks now and I don't understand why it would be anxiety, I don't feel as if I am someone who worries about much at all.

I have had this feeling before, a few times over a few years, but it has only occurred for like half a day and with months between it happening again.
|

replied July 15th, 2010
Possible Help (not a physician)
I'm not sure if this is helpful to anyone but I've been suffering from the same symptoms... BUT RIPEACOCK47 our symptoms are like EXACTLY the same. The indoors/outdoors, computer, numbness etc. I don't consider myself a very anxious person either however our bodies/minds have a funny way of dealing with things. I suffered everyday form the same symptoms for 6 months. Sometimes I felt like I completely in my head? and not in reality? does that make sense? Anyway, I went to a neurologist and he does think it's anxiety and that my body needs some recovery time. I was prescribed Clonazepam and for the past 2 weeks I've been back to absolute normal. Just a suggestion.
|
12 >>