Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

My Hands Keep Turning Red?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Lately, my hands have been turning very red on the top of them. Its happened before a little bit but never caused me much worry or discomfort. Lately though, its gotten so a larger area turns red and they feel like they burn. Its just in a certain area on the tops of my hands. Washing them with soap burns badly also. When its not bothering me and not very red, theres just a small light reddish spot on them that feels rough like the skin is dry or something. Could stress cause this? Please help im beginning to worry.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 10th, 2003
Experienced User
Your problem may well be very dry skin, which will react to washing your hands and will also turn red and hurt.

Don't wash your hands too frequently and when you do try and use a moisturising hand wash rather than soap.

Apply a hand lotion at night on an ongong basis will also help.

Mike
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress, skin
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov