Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Daughter Is Going Crazy!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Omg, I almost feel as if my 15 mths old know i'm pregnant, she been acting really strange and always wants to be picked up by mommy and not daddy. Elisa is usually very independent and a happy child, she just got her last tooth so at least I get a break from that but she has been a really evil child lately. I love elisa and my husband knows i'm stressed so he tries and keeps her occupied while I have a few minutes to myself but she starts to hit her dad and then comes looking for me.

I'm on concerned because she bit a chunk out of me today and it I started bleeding , as well she keeps hitting my stomach I dont know what to do!!!!! I do get down on ground level and tell her no but then she says no, I have even given her a time out and nothing seems to be working. I already have complications with #2 and I know its hard cause I cant bring her outside 24/7 and it hurts but I dont have energy somedays to play with her unless im feeling up to it which is about 4-5 days a weeks.

Anyone have multiple kids or just some advice im desperate I just dont want her getting worse or hitting her sibling when he comes!!

Thanks
jess
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Daughter Is Going Crazy!
diamondsz wrote:
omg, I almost feel as if my 15 mths old know i'm pregnant, she been acting really strange and always wants to be picked up by mommy and not daddy. Elisa is usually very independent and a happy child, she just got her last tooth so at least I get a break from that but she has been a really evil child lately. I love elisa and my husband knows i'm stressed so he tries and keeps her occupied while I have a few minutes to myself but she starts to hit her dad and then comes looking for me.

I'm on concerned because she bit a chunk out of me today and it I started bleeding , as well she keeps hitting my stomach I dont know what to do!!!!! I do get down on ground level and tell her no but then she says no, I have even given her a time out and nothing seems to be working. I already have complications with #2 and I know its hard cause I cant bring her outside 24/7 and it hurts but I dont have energy somedays to play with her unless im feeling up to it which is about 4-5 days a weeks.

Anyone have multiple kids or just some advice im desperate I just dont want her getting worse or hitting her sibling when he comes!!

Thanks
jess

i can offer no advice. But I can pray for you and will>>

good luck
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
What we did with my bf's son, who is 3.. This may sound weird.. But when they bite you, bite them back (not hard enough to draw blood or anything), but it will shock them. So you tell them, "it doesn't feel good, does it? So you better stop". After the first time we did that with him, he no longer would bite (not even other kids lol). He started doing the biting thing around the same age as your daughter.

But with hitting, i'd make her sit in time out for 10 minutes each time (seems like a lifetime to a little kid). Right in a corner. If she keeps trying to get up, sit her butt back in the spot facing the wall. She'll probably cry and fuss and keep trying to get up, you just have to keep doing it over and over again. Make sure there are no toys in reach and no tv's are on, you keep a stern "i mean business" voice, and try not to feel bad when she keeps crying. After the time is over, tell her if she's going to stop hitting she can get up. But make sure you give her loving attention afterwards so she's not fussy the rest of the day.

This may sound mean, but I have never smacked his butt or anything like that and doing this has always worked for us up to this day. Hopefully it'll work for you. =)
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Biting the child back makes them think it's okay to bite which is why they continue to do it.
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Experienced User
dalicialynn wrote:
biting the child back makes them think it's okay to bite which is why they continue to do it.

.Not always. He hasn't been biting since we did that, it depends on the child I guess. But you can't just bite them and leave it at that. You have to let them know that it's bad and you bite them back to show them it doesn't feel good and they hurt others when they do it.

Everyone has their own techniques. That one just worked for us.
|