Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Is It Possible For Me to Be Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I've been doing tons of research online, and keep finding contradicting answers to my questions...I'm very confused and frustrated and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Here's whats going on in a nutshell...

Slept with boyfriend (of 7 years) on october 10th and didn't use protection. Got a little nervous (who doesn't after they have unprotected sex?) but got my period around the 25th or so. It was cramypy as usual, but it was a little lighter than normal for me.

Had unprotected sex again on halloween. And now i'm feeling like crap. I've had extreme nausea/indigestion (especially after eating) and even a slight loss of apetite, i'm slightly crampy and feel a little bloated (thats constant), i'm very tired, have headaches, a few light headed/dizzy feelings, some back and chest pain, i'm really thirsty and have been going to the bathroom more frequently, and this past saturday (nov. 5th), I noticed a little bit of blood after I had gone.

Is there any possible way for me to pregnant? Is there any possible way for me to know? Or do I have to wait until I miss my period?? I took a test on saturday (to calm my boyfriend down--i knew it would be too soon) and it was negative. I've thought about going to the doctors, but I just really need a straight up answer as to when I can really, truly take a test and know.

Please...Anything you can tell me will be very much appreciated! Thank you!

~jodie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I dont think u would have n e signs this early ...
|

Somebody? Anybody?
I was kind of hoping for a more thorough answer than that...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry ask the girl in teen pregnancy
|

Blood in your urine, cramps, back pain, frequent urination? Sounds like a urinary tract infection to me. I get them often and they are almost always reoccuring. If your pee is cloudy or has a foul smell, go to the doc and get a urinalisis done to see whether there is bacteria in your bladder or not. Sex is the number one cause of uti's. Good luck. Hope this helps you.
|

replied November 10th, 2005
I've Had Uti's Before...
I know what they feel like and this is something different...With uti's, I get more of the burning, "hurts like hell to pee" type of discomfort...Not so much cramps and back pain...No, this is not a uti...There's other stuff going on...

I've had issues with my kidneys before (had a kidney reflux when I was little) and thought they might be flaring up again, but what would cause the nausea/indigestion, the headaches, the bloating, etc??

Its strange though....Because everything kind of comes and goes...The only thing that really stays is the slight cramping (like the "butterflies") and the tiredness....The headaches are pretty frequent though and my chest has just starting hurting more...

Just don't really know...And wish I did...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have had nausea with uti's before but only if I have for along time, and kidneys get involvedd.--the little spotting could have been implantation. Your timeing and cycle could be of somewhat. And it is possible to get preg most any time. Although common around 14 days after period. Sometimes have to wait like 3 weeks past "missed" period to get a pos. Test on urine. (no matter what the ept says) some pple never get pos on urine. Blood test more accurate and can get pos sooner.

My opinion you sound like your havine preg symptoms.
|

How Soon Can I Have a Blood Test??
Could I go and get one like...Today?? And they'd be able to tell me either way??
|

Extremely eHealthy
Usually 2 weeks after the act I think--but it might show now, dont know exactly when you got preg. Could have been the 31 or before your faint period?? Right?? If you can actually get them to do one!! Sometimes they ask for pos urine before they do blood test?? I dont know you could try!! Wont hurt!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My suggestion would be to call around to a few dr's and see what they suggest and weigh out the differences, they will probabbly want you to come in which would be your best bet as we are not dr's here and not all pregnancies are the same, true, it might be a little early, are you trying to conceive? You might be stressed and anxious, seeing the dr might also help your nerves.
Good luck and keep us posted!
|

replied November 11th, 2005
Well, decided to go to the walk-in clinic today....And i'm not pregnant--thank god! Now is just not the right time for me...But some day in the near future. However, the clinic did a urine test, blood test, and a pelvic and the Dr. Was concerned about my ovaries and my appendix, due to all the pain i've been having in my abdomen/pelvis. She referred me to the er and there they did a ct scan and found that what was causing all the discomfort was a 3 cm varian cyst on my left ovary, and "follicles" on the right. I know they are common, but I have never had them before...They prescribed me with rest and some high dose pain medicine and told me if the pain worsens to come back in and they'll do another scan. Its good to finally know whats going on...But i'm still nervous about how things will progress and if it will hinder my chances of becoming pregnant when I actually want to.

Just going to take care of myself...And we're going to be careful from now on until we know we're ready for a family!

Thanks for all your help guys...Its much appreciated :-)

~jodie
|

Experienced User
Ovarian Cyst
Hey! I am new on here, but I read your posts and saw your one about finding the cyst on your ovary.
I have had these in the past. Actually, the body makes a cyst every month, it supports a pregnancy before the placenta develops, then usually by the 6th month it goes away. If you don't get pregnant, they are supposed to just go away. Some don't. They get "stuck". Even then, most will dissolve on their own. Some may rupture. My first one I did not know I had, and it ruptured, I bled internally and had to have a major surgery. Fortunaltey, even after al that, my ovaries and tubes are just fine. Don't worry too much about them. If they watch them closely and do ultrasounds to keep an eye on them, they should go away on thier own! They do hurt like hell though!
Sorry you have to deal with that! I hope you feel better soon!
Jeni
|

Thanks jeni! :-) yeah, I know they are extremely common--my sister-in-law had one removed over the summer. I'm just going to stay aware and notice if anything changes--i.E. I get another fever, it starts getting more painful, etc...And definitely if it ruptures. Its not fun, thats for sure, but at least now I know whats up and what to do to take care of it.
|

Experienced User
Cyst
When mine ruptured, it started out very "crampy" and then within an hour it got to the point I couldn't stand up straight. Since they didn't know I had it, when I went to the er, they took forever to figure it out. Eventually my lower abdomen got kind of purply and I got fever and chills, and went into shock! Be aware if you get any pain that is worse than you think it should be! Don't be afraid to call your doc for a retest if you think it is worse! In all honesty, my surgeon was wonderful, because most women would have lost an ovary or a tube after the internal bleeding I went through. Also, if they need to take it out before it blows up ( like mine did!) they can go in laproscopic, little tiny incisions that heal nicely instead of the c-section type incision I got!
Good luck honey!
|

replied April 8th, 2010
Ovarian Cyst
I had the same thing happen to me over Thanksgiving! I was in extreme pain and my period was late. They finally did a ct scan and it was a cyst causing it all. I was extremely bloated and could barely move! Although they are common they still SUCK!!!
|