Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Unknown Stomach Prob

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have seen my dr on this and he has run every possible test on me except a ct scan which he is scheduling. I have had stomach pain for a long time. They checked it out the first time and it turned out to be gall stones and so I had gall bladder sugery well the pain is still there and along with the symptoms you can have after your gallbladder has been taking out. The test I have had is 2 blood works to check my organs and the other to check my blood count ,upper gi ,gastro endoscopy (w/another dr) . I just wanted for all to remember me as I go through these test and that they finally see what wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2003
The same has been goin on with me, I had my galbladder removed almost 2 years ago and I still get the reoccurent pain all the time, and yet they cant find anything wrong, so I know what your going through,
Good luck
|

replied December 18th, 2003
Pain
What is your pain like? Is it in your actual stomach? When exactly does it occur? Have you guys had a cck? I have read that sometimes gallbladder surgery does not stop the pains. Sometimes the pain can be in the duct when it spasms.
|

replied December 18th, 2003
Ercp
You need to have an ercp and be checked for possible pancreatitis.
|

replied December 21st, 2003
The pains that I get are yes in the actual stomache, top part. They come and go at different times of the day or sometimes even at night. I cant really describe what they feel like, its like a really, really bad ache that usually lasts about 5 min. Or so, I havent really had any tests done since I had my galbladder taken out, the last Dr. I went to treated it as an ulcer but the medication I was on (pepcid, and zantac) didnt help any, I was suppossed to make an appointment with the surgeon who did my surgery to have him put that light/camera down my throat into my stomache but im on a very limited income with 2 small children and cant afford a Dr. Bill so I havent been. Ive tried getting on medicaid but since im not pregnant they wont give it to me. So im just trying to wait it out and see if this problem goes away.
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Unknown Stomach Problems
I have had my gall bladder checked,an endoscopy, upper intestines checked, lower intestines checked, stomach emptying test...........All I know is I have pain and the endoscopy showed inflamation of my gall bladder, pancreas, and liver........But they don't know why..........All biopsy;s came back ok..........My syptoms----pain, naseau,pressure in chest....I have all the classic symptoms of bad gall bladder...............

Help, please..............Any ideas???????????
|
Quick Reply