Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hot Baths At 39 Weeks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is it ok?And what can I do to get my cervix to come down?Im 80%thinned
-2 ,3 cm...Well the -2 was 2-3 weeks ago..I c doc weneday to get my membranes stripped...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Hot baths are a no-no any time during pregnancy! It may make you feel good and relaxed but it also warms you up and causes your body temp. To raise. Which is very similar to having a fever and as we all know when you heat up so does the baby and it can cause damage to it's nervous system or even fetal death. A "warm bath" will be fine but one where the water is hot to touch and you have to ease into it to get used to it is a don't. As for trying to get your cervix to come down try having sex or exercising. Good luck with the baby.
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2005
Community Volunteer
Go for a walk, have sex, I drank castor oil (it did nothing, well I took it sat and went into labour the monday after-so???)
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
ryansmommy16 wrote:
hot baths are a no-no any time during pregnancy! It may make you feel good and relaxed but it also warms you up and causes your body temp. To raise. Which is very similar to having a fever and as we all know when you heat up so does the baby and it can cause damage to it's nervous system or even fetal death. A "warm bath" will be fine but one where the water is hot to touch and you have to ease into it to get used to it is a don't. As for trying to get your cervix to come down try having sex or exercising. Good luck with the baby.

ditto--i heard the same thing, if its so hot we have to ease into it--too hot for the baby.
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
39 Weeks +
I'm due tomorrow, I just got out of a very warm bath (not so hot that I had to ease in) warm enough to be too hot for my 2 and a half year old to get in too, which annoyed her no end.

Anyway, I didn't go into labour or anything.
I've been drinking rasbeery leaf tea for ages, switched to rasberry leaf capsules last week, and started drinking cumin seed tea almost hourly since yesterday. I've been taking evening primrose oil, and even putting a couple of capsules internally to help soften my cervix- big fat nothing all 'round. I've blisters from walking, my nipples are nealry falling off with all the stimulation i've been gicing them, and I think i'm getting arthritis in my thumbs and forefingers from the same, my husband is exhausted (not to mention winded) with all the sex, my mouth is raw with eating fresh pineapple, and i've got a stomach and fanny full of everything i've read that will help bring on labour.
I don't know what i'm more tired of, pregnancy or home remedies !!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ooohhh that is so sad. It will be over soon, and youll have your little bundle. Good luck hunnie--hope its tomorrow.

God bless
|

Experienced User
Good Luck
I remember those days wanting to try everything to go into labor I don't think anything works you just got to let your body do its own thing you will have a baby before you know it sleep while you can! Lol I know its hard with the back pains ect but try. Good luck!
|

replied January 5th, 2010
Hot baths at end of pregnancy
Umm hot Baths are Very bad Near the end of the pregnancy because Bath water ... Dirty water could get in there and cause infections ! thats what happend to me and i had to get an emergancy c-section
|