Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Appendix Removed, Ok to Have Sex Yet?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Hi

i just had my appendix removed on monday, 6 days ago. It was a lapriscopimy (sp) so not that bad of surgery and was released the next day. I've been pretty good with being able to walk semi long distance around my campus no prob and havent had any need of the vicodin the past day or two.

I was just wondering if I should wait longer to have sex or it if alright?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2005
It really depends on the person, if you want to try then be careful incase you do pull something internally as you don't realize how many muscles you actually use until you try to have sex and then end up in pain you might be better to wait a while but personally it is down to your own choice.I was 18 when I had my appendix out and mine wasn't laprascopic I did however have my gallbladder out 10 days ago and I shan't be trying again for at least another week or two just be careful what you are doing.
|

replied November 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I think 6 days is too soon, 2 weeks I say would be the earliest id try anything.

Be careful
|

replied December 20th, 2005
Anonymous
When I had my appendix out (about a month ago), it was exactly 2 weeks till I had sex again. I would just wait till you feel comfortable!
|